• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Lol... I lost 1-2, then won 2-0, then lost again 1-2. Both of my loses were reallllly close. Like, I think I was a full stock ahead in each match after we had each won once, and then my brain stopped working and I couldn't remember how to land a hit or recover. :p Ah well, this was only my first real tournament...

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Do you remember who you lost to?
Zal using Olimar (probably won't know him, I think this was his first tournament too (or not? idk :p)) and Pope who used Donkey Kong and Mr. Game and Watch. I think Pope was from Alabama? If I had chosen a better counterpick I think I could've won against Zal (was too frazzled to think about it much). It also helps to not get super nervous right towards the end. :p

I played RedShadow twice before it started and won the first won (but it was mostly a fluke) and then lost. :p

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah. I haven't heard of that Olimar, actually.
Who did you beat?

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
For some reason there were two young (probably both around 6-8?) kids playing... so... um... yeah. xD Didn't really need to try too hard in that match >.>

I think there ended up being only 11 people going, so the prize pool was 55. That means 3rd place won 50 cents. :p

Mike2

Smash Ace
Me: Having 2 papers and a test to study for on spring break
Real john: Procrastinating till the last half of the break to do it lol

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
For some reason there were two young (probably both around 6-8?) kids playing... so... um... yeah. xD Didn't really need to try too hard in that match >.>

I think there ended up being only 11 people going, so the prize pool was 55. That means 3rd place won 50 cents. :p
"Each tournament will be $10 to enter and all of this will go towards the pot."

Prize Payout 60% 30% 10%

What?

:phone:

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Moo cow, you planning on coming to any fests?
Yep. As long as I don't get bogged down by classes or have other plans I'll go.

I can't say for sure, but I'll tentatively be free most of this week. It just depends on what day my partner and I get together to work on a lab.

Edit: Actually, I just realized that rather than a lab we have an exam during that period this week, so I can just study for that during the day. Any day should be good for me! (except maybe Thursday, as I have a different 9-10 pm lab, but you're allowed to skip twice and I haven't yet... lol)

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
After taking most factors into consideration, I'm going to say "no". The chance for a loss is too high to risk.
If it was Peach, I'd say "yes" in a heartbeat.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Perhaps not. I have an incredible amount of experience against Peach as Ike.

If you think it'll destroy everything I have (that isn't Olimar), how about your Peach v. my Kirby for ten?
I know quite a bit less about the match-up, but I'm more confident in the character overall.

Top Bottom