• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So we'd be housing with someone from SA Friday? I'd actually like that.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Just got back from a mini brawl tourney (16-ish people were supposed to show up but ended up only being around 8) for people in band, and I won! Since there were only 8 people and it was $5 to enter, I profited $20, which is still nice. :) I'm probably not as great as all of you, but I'm glad I managed to pull off a win even though I haven't played much at all since last summer. I was really rusty in my first few games!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Congrats and really glad to hear that you're actually playing and winning something rather than posting in here once and then never playing again. ^_^

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Debra Romer is having a concert Tuesday night in LA. Gonna ask her to lunch at DreamWorks.

Soooooooo hyped.

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
HYESZ! We'll work out the details later but I REALLY have to get to bed right now.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
I'm driving to SA this weekend for a tourney. So far it's me, joel and shaun, possibly nameless.

Anyone else interested? I wanna leave friday because I have to be back saturday night. I also wanna ask anyone coming with me to meet up @ joel's on friday.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
How far is San Marcos for San Antonio? I just don't feel like driving an hour or so to the tournament, be there all day, and drive back on the same night.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
San Marcos to San Antonio is an hour trip. I'm fine with whatever you decide, considering you are driving.

@Shaun Do you like having us cheer/sit right next to you while you are in a match or not? Just curious.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Just woke up from the post-wedding nap.
So I was in charge of holding on to the groom's ring for a bit and I kind of... dropped it twice. It made a loud "ding" sound twice. And everyone at the venue heard it and looked at me. TWICE. It was incredibly embarrassing. :x

San Marcos to San Antonio is an hour trip. I'm fine with whatever you decide, considering you are driving.
I made it from Elgin to San Antonio in an hour at S.L.U.T. 2, so it shouldn't take THAT long to get there from San Marcos.

@Shaun Do you like having us cheer/sit right next to you while you are in a match or not? Just curious.
It's not really the small one-person cheering that gets to me, it's the group cheering that does it. I'm still not very good around large crowds, so it really freaks me out to be reminded that there are so many people watching, y'know?
I just need to nut up and learn to deal with it though, and perhaps having people cheering more often will help me with that. Thank you for asking, though. ^_^
I'm assuming the same is fine with you?

By the way, I've been working on a secondary for the Olimar match-up. Someone's been mentoring me in said character for quite some time and I've been playing them for a while, so I already know a bit about them. Going to try it out at this tournament. >:3

So we're meeting up at Joel's Friday? What time?
It'd be nice to arrive early to play a bit with Collin before departing for SA.

EDIT: Jump behind opponent -> aerial bike into them with Wario is the best thing EVER. It's just so troll!

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
I get off of work at 5 on Friday, but it's no big deal if you don't want to Jamal. I actually might go to this thing... I have nothing else to do on Saturday.

:phone:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
It's not really the small one-person cheering that gets to me, it's the group cheering that does it. I'm still not very good around large crowds, so it really freaks me out to be reminded that there are so many people watching, y'know?
I just need to nut up and learn to deal with it though, and perhaps having people cheering more often will help me with that. Thank you for asking, though. ^_^
Shaun just needs someone laying thick smacktalk on to whoever he is playing, and then one person whispering sweet nothings in his ear; and everytime he hits his opponent, a crowd of people need to yell "OOOOOOOH S*-------*!"

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Gotta get that blood moving!

You really know how to walk that fine line called "censor dodging", BTW. :glare:
Def. I like to walk the line censor dodging all the time. Sometimes I go out in public with scraps covering anything that could be classified as 'indecent exposure' and I just dance next to major roads.

So I met Debra tonight and made a blog I would really like you all to read: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14172682#post14172682
;_; That's the saddest story I've ever read. GIMME A HUG CHRIS

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
...DAMMIT Joey, now I'm not going to get that horrible image out of my head.
Can't help but wonder why it's at the intersection of 71 and Riverside...

Mike2

Smash Ace
Holy ****. The optimal amount of vitamin c for an adult male is 2,500mg daily. And here I thought I was getting enough with my 500mg tablet. 0_o

So I met Debra tonight and made a blog I would really like you all to read: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14172682#post14172682
Give it another shot, man. You'll regret it if you don't.
On a far less serious note, but still girl related lol, there's this nerdy guy that sits in front of me in one of my classes. I sit with this girl every class period(or she decides to sit with me. yeaahh) and this guy has a really annoying habit of turning around and trying to jump in on the conversation while I'm talking with her. Wouldn't care, but this is the only time I see her, and there are limited opportunities in this class to *ahem* spit game. And I only have it 2 days a week. So we're laughing and talking, as soon as he hears us he will turn around ask the dumbest questions. lol Just to try to talk with us(probably her mostly) and join in on the convo. You can count on it. It's like clockwork. It's realllly annoying because he's really good at killing the vibe. I'll just shake my head and think, "Really, dude?" Then before you know it our professor will start talking again. Had the class today and I'm kind of salty about it. There's obviously something there so I'm thinking I'll just get her number and carry on that way. Not sure if he knows what he's doing. But he's so socially awkward that it wouldn't surprise me if he was oblivious.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Neat! We'll have periodic cage matches between you and Mike3 for the title of "The Marth". =P

So I'll be over Joel's by 1ish tomorrow.
Has anyone heard from the Nameless Wanderer? I'll be PMing him this morning to see what he's doing, but I'd like to get a head count so we know when we have everyone and can leave.

So far, it's:
Sky Pirate (Confirmed)
Panty Raider (Confirmed)
RedShadow (Confirmed)
AlpacaMan (Unconfirmed)
Nameless Wanderer (Unconfirmed)

BTW. Fell asleep next to an open window and apparently it drizzled a bit. Lovely way to wake up.
90% chance of rain today and tomorrow and slightly lower chances throughout the week.
Apparently there will be a cold front coming through tonight, so the high on Friday will be 51 degrees F.
Wear something warm!

EDIT: It's really nice out today, too.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Nike can house us, but he didn't say when we should get there so I'm assuming we can leave whenever.

Joel, please PM me your address. I probably won't be over 'til about 2-ish. (I'll let you know otherwise)

Collin, if you for sure want to go, I'm willing to wait for you.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone here going to be in the brawl tournament for the Lone Star Clash? The whole thing is on the 17th and 18th but I'm not sure when the brawl tournament is specifically. I'm debating whether to join or not, it would mean me returning to Austin a couple days earlier, and I don't want to give up part of my Spring Break. :/

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
We're housing with Nike? I'm more hyped to play with the SA guys the night before than to actually play in the tournament now. :D

Is anyone here going to be in the brawl tournament for the Lone Star Clash? The whole thing is on the 17th and 18th but I'm not sure when the brawl tournament is specifically. I'm debating whether to join or not, it would mean me returning to Austin a couple days earlier, and I don't want to give up part of my Spring Break. :/
Not sure until they post the details of the Brawl tournament. It's on the U.T. campus, but that's all I can find.

EDIT: Feels like the cold front started coming through a minute ago.
Strong, cold winds and rain starting. Yay!

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Not sure until they post the details of the Brawl tournament. It's on the U.T. campus, but that's all I can find.

EDIT: Feels like the cold front started coming through a minute ago.
Strong, cold winds and rain starting. Yay!
I'm pretty sure it's in the SAC (Student Activity Center). On a flier I saw, it said it was in the SAC auditorium, but that could mean just the SC2 part... I play SC2 also, but not much recently and I'm way out of practice. :p

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Okay, so I PMed Nameless Johner at like... 7 A.M. and he hasn't responded.
I think it would be safe to assume that he won't be joining us.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Just checked, found nuffin.
I'll check again after I get to your apartment.

EDIT: Thunder and lightning coming down now. SO EXCITEDDDDD!

EDIT 2: Leaving now, see you at 1.

Top Bottom