• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't know man, I saw the movie both 3D and not, and the fight scene at least in 3D was pretty epic. There was bark shooting in my face and gun sticking out as well as even people in passive scenes. The detail in the scenery and the geography as well as the design of the creatures and the development of the "aborigine" culture was very good.

Story was incredibly predictable and cliche, sadly, but I guess going with a tried and true formula would've been better than having the movie ruined w/ a terrible original plot.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't know man, I saw the movie both 3D and not, and the fight scene at least in 3D was pretty epic. There was bark shooting in my face and gun sticking out as well as even people in passive scenes. The detail in the scenery and the geography as well as the design of the creatures and the development of the "aborigine" culture was very good.

Story was incredibly predictable and cliche, sadly, but I guess going with a tried and true formula would've been better than having the movie ruined w/ a terrible original plot.
Must have been my theater then, cause I took my glasses off a lot to see a difference, and didn't find myself impressed. In any case, I bought a kids ticket from the automated machine and got away with it. Saved 2 bucks xP.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not cancel your plans, just change them and go to that instead.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Hey is Austin going to Phase?

If so we should travel together. :D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I thought we did that last night?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang, you guys waited to make each others' dreams come true AFTER I left town?

Grey, pretty sure Hylian is going. I'll have to see what my school schedule looks like.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Dear Brawlers of Austin:

Hi. My lil brother (arc-thefallen-) and I (Legendary Pikachu) are in town (austin texas) visiting for the holidays (Dec21-Dec28). If anyone doesn't already have tourney plans, we'd love to get together and play friendlies with anyone who is in town. PhantomX said he'd be cool if hylian had an opening. Hylian said he possibly has travel and work. That's what I've found out so far. We're trying to make most of our Austin Texas stay (we're originally from East Coast North Carolina.

Sincerely,

Legendary Pikachu, LDPK

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You're the Pikachu who posted how Water Gun cancels out the lag for Pikachu in teams on the PT boards!

I'm sadly not in Austin now, but pretty much everyone else is still there.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hopefully it comes back ;_;.

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
Dang LDPK, I'm out of town til the 29th ornid have everyone that's in town over so we could brawl. Keep us posted though whenever you come to Austin so we can be sure to set something up.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
explain please
Legendary Pikachu said:
Hi all. Just visiting with a present for everybody. Man... I needa visit this place some more... i play with PT a few times too.

Anywayz, cutting to the chase:

I was wondering if you guys could make use of this new AT with pikachu? I'm teaming with my bro (arc-thefallen-, plays Toon Link) and am going to advance the technique. Here's the original post AND video! ^_^ enjoy!

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....8&postcount=14

Cool thing about this move is that it allows a INSTANTANEOUS NON-FASTFALLED d-air right in the middle of it. Works for those with laggy (but epic) spike-moves with high fastfall risk.

Furthermore, Pokemon Trainer Squirtle and Charizard's Flame combines well with one of pika's other VERY SITUATIONAL BUT FREAKIN' AMAZIN' team AT':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xzQvawR7E&fmt=18

Thanks for the time. Hope you like and laugh. Please pm me if you have any neat contributions or comments--i'd appreciate that. :D
That's it, Suspect.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Oh sorry for the lack of a heads up. So pretty much, we're banking on either people visiting us, or somebody in town setting up a place for a small smashfest or gaming social fo some kind. I hear people heading out this weekend--What tournaments are happening this weekend and is Hylian and everybody else going? I think I am kind of confused what the majority of brawlers around austin are planning on doing. I've browsed around the TX tourney listings a lil *I'm still so confused*. I don't have a real grasp at how far some are from each other (worth the trip or not?) and am not sure what the more "hotter" tournaments are (when there are ones that take place on the same date in different locations). What would be ya'lls "prescription" for us who want some tourney action this week (now til the 28th)? Is it to call any austin players over or go to their place, or go to a tourney (which someone could kindly point us to ^_^) that's happening. Is hylian going to a tourney? If that's the case, we'd (2 possibly 3 people) love to tag along if it is not too much trouble (we'll pay for gas and stuff, of course ^_^)--we like rides.

Thanks for the warm welcoming guys :D.

Sincerely,

Legendary Pikachu, LDPK

PS. I dunno if it's my relatives' internet, but i think some of the links in that quote of the AT are off. That AT is only practical in 2 vs. 1 situations--any other situation (2v2) is just massive mindgame or opponents are newbs. Fun to laugh at tho when it happens. I'm surprised people still remember that ^_^ (makes me feel all warm inside).

EDIT: Here is the 3 AT's I did. I think Matrix is the one that works with squirtle.
Lightning Lockdown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goyou4A6k2s&fmt=18
By Legendary Pikachu

Cross Thunder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xzQvawR7E&fmt=18
By Legendary Pikachu

Thunder Matrix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCZJeaCdoFM&fmt=18
By Legendary Pikachu

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Pretty sure there's not any tournaments in Texas until early-mid January, LDPK. Your best bet is to call/text people listed on the front page on see what their schedule is like. Some of us are out of town, but I'm sure you can still get up with some of the gang.

My friend in Louisiana actually mains Pikachu, and after I saw your thread, we tried practicing it...but he got bored, haha.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Pretty sure there's not any tournaments in Texas until early-mid January, LDPK. Your best bet is to call/text people listed on the front page on see what their schedule is like. Some of us are out of town, but I'm sure you can still get up with some of the gang.

My friend in Louisiana actually mains Pikachu, and after I saw your thread, we tried practicing it...but he got bored, haha.
Bored Quit. The opposite of Rage Quit.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
LDPK... where do you live? If you don't live too far and hold something I might be able to go depending on my schedule.

Of course I'd need promises that you wouldn't **** and kill me, as well.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
LDPK... where do you live? If you don't live too far and hold something I might be able to go depending on my schedule.

Of course I'd need promises that you wouldn't **** and kill me, as well.
I can't do that (killing) unless i get more than 5+ matches in (and you not sandbag) *i am assuming you are talking about brawl and not real life, lol O_O*. I specialize in reading (I sorta play wierd), so my results are noobish until i get a feel for a certain opponent. After that, it should be fun (hopefully). Plus, I tend to have a weakness for warios at the moment (and olimars), so that should cut a lot of the edge off stuff. I live in northern austin (I-35 and Parmer Lane) or something like that right now. I may not be able to hold anything extravagant (i am at my cousins [who are like 13 years old]) but if you don't mind just coming by or to our other cousin's (he has a lone apartment nearby, he's 24 years old) place and play a few friendlies with me and my bro, just let us know. Tomorrow or so, we'll be callin around austin to see who's free and close by. I'll keep you updated.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Happy Holidays Austin and Dark Musician!

I just got done sending out a text to all the Austin peoples that I haven't heard from yet. Hopefully I can get one Austin match before I head back monday ^_^. Thanks for all the luv peoples. Hope everybody had a great Christmas and aren't too hungover (from eggnog) for friendlies ^_^.

Top Bottom