• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah, sorry. I just didn't want to do it with a slightly smaller turnout.
The last time we held a tournament was on February 25th, IIRC.

Good fest, though.
Heavy Metal Curry Flower Brawl with Bob-ombs, Pokeballs, etc. was pretty fun. We played something similar at the first fest I attended, back when Chad and Juan were still in the scene. Glad to know it's still universally entertaining. ^_^

Nice to get some singles in this time.

@ David -
It kind of seemed like you were getting frustrated against my Oli. That'd be perfectly understandable, EVERYONE hates Olimar. Even I hate fighting Olimar. It's my second-worst match-up after Metaknight.
I just hope it wasn't discouraging. Olimar is incredibly dumb to fight, but you already seem to have a good grasp of what you should be doing against him. I think you'll do better after practicing it a bit more and learning my patterns.

@ Jamal -
Go ahead and use that character. Like you told me, nobody can tell you how to play.
Just do what makes you happy and don't give a crap about whiners. =P

@ Nick - I still die at that replay with the Fsmash challenge. Thanks for hosting and all that, man. ^_^
Also,
[yt]sH470hxjIeI[/yt]

I'd say something to Ricky, but I'm pretty sure he'd never see it. XP

BY THE WAY, replays from the last fest (Aug. 25th) are up.
EDIT: They can be found on THIS PLAYLIST.
And WTF at suggested tags.

BloodyBoom

Smash Cadet
NNID
davidianyo
It was kind of frustrating lol. I hadn't recieved any experience in the MU beforehand so I had little idea of what to do. I suppose practice is the best idea.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If it makes you feel better, getting the kill against Snake is a nightmare for me. It's hard to get in to use my strongest kill moves because of the constant Ftilts, grenades, grabs, etc., so I often have to slowly force you offstage or get you above me. If you get grounded safely after that, it's like "AHH ****, I have to do this again!" and one or more of my kill moves may be staled now.

So tired of sortinnng...
Must've spent at least 16 hours doing this crap today.

:phone:

EDIT: Getting cable this weekend. Hype.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If something is done, it should be done on the U.T. campus.

SMASH MEETING SEPTEMBER 8, WELCH 2.304, NOON
BE THERE OR BE COMPLETELY CONTENT WITH NOT BEING THERE
EITHER WAY, I'VE HAD INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS IN BRAWL SO COME GET 'EM 'CAUSE THEY'RE HARD TO CONVERT TO MELEE. PEACE!

also, we usually have like free TV's so ya'll can just set up brawl and shayt without having to lug around all those big *** TV ya'll got wtf =)
So the venue's taken care of, just need Wiis and people. Gauging interest right now.

- I may or may not be able to attend. Depends on what time the cable guy comes and finishes (don't make that dirty).

- Mike3 works most Saturdays, so he might be able to come late if there was one. I'm guessing he wouldn't, since the cleaning people kicked us out at like... midnight, IIRC, and he works until like 9.

- Joel says "dunno".

- Nick says he'd attend, but doesn't know about Ricky.

- BloodyBoom'll probably check in here soon

Will update when more responses are obtained.
It'll probably be even smaller than last time if it happens.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
A lot of interest on-campus or within the Melee group or what?

And just how much interest? Like, 4+ people?

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
saturday is gonna be bad parking. so yeah, i forgot that initially there's two home games in a row. might affect the amount of TVs we bring, just saying! i don't know yet 'til tomorrow morning.

you're correct on the 4+

BloodyBoom

Smash Cadet
NNID
davidianyo
Whether I'm coming or not depends on a lot of things outside of the event. Lots of school and other things to take care of, not to mention convincing my parents.

I'll have to see. Even if I do come the most I could bring would be a Wii + Brawl.

Mike2

Smash Ace
so there's new broken(if it works vs everyone) DK AT that's coming out soon maybe. it's especially good vs snake -_- don't understand it fully but we'll see it eventually if it works

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
so there's new broken(if it works vs everyone) DK AT that's coming out soon maybe. it's especially good vs snake -_- don't understand it fully but we'll see it eventually if it works
That's getting a free UpB (or footstool against Snake) when the opponent breaks out of a ledge treadmill (don't know the official term) cargo hold, no?
Sounds nifty.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Not going tomorrow. Sorry guys, but driving to Austin with bad traffic from games and **** parking doesn't sound fun at all. Plus we get kicked out of that place pretty early... : /

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ahh... The winds are already picking up.
So cool and nice...

:phone:

Mike2

Smash Ace
You might be there a little early at noon. I'll try to get there about then though. Not sure who else is going and when they are showing up. Maybe aim for 1.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So since I probably won't be going today (haven't slept yet and can't until after like... 7), I decided to upload despite my usage restrictions.

Replays from the last fest are up now.

Singles matches

BloodyBoom (Snake) v. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar)
1 2 3

Poltergust (Yoshi) v. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar)
1 2

Mike2 (Snake) v. SkyPirateCoud (Fox)

Mike2 (Snake) v. SkyPirateCoud (Kirby)

Mike2 (Snake) v. SkyPirateCoud (Luigi)

Mike2 (Snake) v. SkyPirateCoud (Sonic)

Seriously, y'all should save more singles matches. It's like I'm the only one that saves these and I want to watch you guys fight each other, too.

And now for Kenny Blankenship's PAINFUL (doubles) ELIMINATIONS OF THE DAY!!

Number three goes to Mike2 and Poltergust on Castle Siege. Bowser throws out his butt and gets grabbed and slaaaammed.
And they always say that Bowser is easy...

Number two goes to Poltergust and BloodyBoom on Rainbow Cruise. That'll teach you to try to sleep with a Snake!

And the NUMBER ONE most painful elimination of the day goes to... Gova and Sky Pirate on Final Destination!
Gova loses his shield, Sky Pirate runs in mindlessly, and gets ROASTED. That's what happens when you bring paper to a bazooka fight!

BloodyBoom

Smash Cadet
NNID
davidianyo
They had some other event organized so parking was a mess. Multiple roads were blocked off.

I wasn't even that excited for it seeing as many people weren't going anyways.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Did none of the people JOS said were interested show?

Mike2

Smash Ace
I don't know if they showed. But I didn't want to wait for possibly hours to see if they did. lol Did they show, jos.fm?

When TDKR comes out on DVD:

Solid Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
goten77
tournys

XD i was wondering if the Ut smash club or if austin in general would b willing to host a tourny soon.. something maybe like champions cause that was a lotta fun

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Get out, Paw.

Get out, Paw.

Someone remind me to post more when I'm not tired.

Top Bottom