• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It'd be pretty funny if Nameless Wanderer and sam007 both just randomly show up to Chris' last fest. X3

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Heya guys, tomorrow is the day I need to tell Alamo Drafthouse how many people I'm expecting for my graduation party December 3rd--just a bit over a week away!

PLEASE go to the Facebook event and say if you're attending or not. I know a handful of you guys said you can make it on here, but I'd still appreciate if you'd make it official on Facebook since it just makes things easier for me if I don't have a long list of non-Facebook people to add after the fact to the final tally. Ricky and Shaun, I've got you (although you should both make a Facebook anyway so we can still keep in touch): http://www.facebook.com/events/241890095871955/

Hope you're all having a great Thanksgiving!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
although you should both make a Facebook anyway so we can still keep in touch
Don't worry, I'm picking up Bowser for L.T. JUST so I have a reason to harass you on the Bowser boards. :3
Thank you for taking us into consideration.

Mike2

Smash Ace
happy thanksgiving nuckas!

My, my. I didn't know you still thought of yourself as a child, Mike3.
Pretty sure they'd still try you as an adult, though.

EDIT: Was just about to ask for a reminder of when Chris' graduation party was.
... T_T

EDIT 2: OH! Almost forgot, anyone that didn't go yesterday (to San Marcos) missed Mike2 going in HARD on Joel with a reverse three-stock.
I'm really surprised at what he's capable of now. The replay will be uploaded soon.
Link me to the fest's replays. I may want to post for critiques(or I may not. I usually like to post tournament sets).
Also how did the USB thing go?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I always do once they're uploaded.

I started with the cIOS crap, but realized that I wasn't fully prepared. The risk of bricking my Wii always makes me incredibly nervous, so I have to prepare myself mentally, take a deep breath, and just go for it one night.

Mike2

Smash Ace
they buffer everything it's ridonkulous

http://youtu.be/1hEjcpZzkTY

I always do once they're uploaded.

I started with the cIOS crap, but realized that I wasn't fully prepared. The risk of bricking my Wii always makes me incredibly nervous, so I have to prepare myself mentally, take a deep breath, and just go for it one night.
well your wii is already ****ed so it'll need fixing anyway

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Like I already told you, I haven't been having problems with other games.
I've played Fire Emblem: RD, Harvest Moon: AP, and Battalion Wars II since it started screwing up and all three loaded and played with no issues.

Mike2

Smash Ace
dual layer disc i tell you

find out if any of those games are dual layer. and if they're not see if you have another one that is and try playing it

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I don't remember hearing a lot about dual-layer disks, excluding Brawl...
I'll look it up later.

EDIT: NVM.

EDIT 2: Hey, 2222 posts! And it's the second edit! This feels important somehow, like it'll be the key to unlocking some future sidequest...

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So fellas, I demand a set against EVERYONE at my final Zigfest versus my Bowser, Jiggs, and Wario.

IG88

Smash Cadet
So fellas, I demand a set against EVERYONE at my final Zigfest versus my Bowser, Jiggs, and Wario.
fine with me, just let me know when it is as soon as the date is set so i can tell mike1 and get his lazy *** there, and also make sure to not make plans for that day

IG88

Smash Cadet
well aren't you quite the comedian lol, I already got pretty beast at mw3 as of last weekend/week so now it's just fun for me for the rest of my time playing it

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Challenge accepted. I will be using Ganondorf.
Will you be fighting us 3v1?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah, it's raining. The weather this month has been so wonderful...

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497

Mike2

Smash Ace
Argh is there anyone who can practice during the week from time to time outside of fests? Not talking all night fest type things. I mean maybe you come over or I go over for an hour or two(or more sometimes) to get in some seriouslies/record/work on random stuff? I need a training partner. Want to start kicking this thing into the next gear as I don't feel like I'm getting much better right now. I'm practicing by myself but it's no substitute for real playing. I need to opportunities to apply what I'm practicing which I think playing during the week would help in.
If anyone has a day they're off or has an open schedule and wants to play more let me know.

Sincerely,
Tired of going 2-2 in tournaments :p

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I wouldn't mind coming over occasionally, if I'm already in town.
The problem lies with the fact that I currently don't have a cell phone, so communication is difficult. You don't obsessively check smashboards and my trips in are often relatively unpremeditated (unless I actually have a reason for going in), so it would be difficult to make arrangements beforehand.

What a pain.

EDIT 1: Tried to do "that" again today, but remembered that I also use my Wii to watch anime.
WHY IS THIS SO HARD?

EDIT 2:
shaun, put this on lylat
I don't like it. Also, demanding things in that way seems quite rude.

EDIT 3: So after hanging around the Ike boards for a while, I learned what DTF means. T_T
Also learned a bit more about Mustafa's character.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Hmm can smash boards send me texts for pms?

:phone:There are ways around this. We can figure this out. I'm thinking AIM. Pretty sure I can get an app for it and receive push notifications so all you would have to do is send me a message on there. Brb makin an AIM account.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Maybe. That'd be neat.
I don't know about you kids with your fancy iPhones and your... hairstyles.

Top Bottom