• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Because you chose to ally yourself with Chrisstafa and called me a futa.
I AM NOT FINE WITH PENISES THAT AREN'T MY OWN!

Actually because Xyro said that it was MK legal.
Since I finished my Christmas shopping now, my funds are limited and I want to save for an MK-banned event.

I would have gone Sonic in mid-tier doubles anyway.
All this Sonic Generations stuff is making me REALLY nostalgic, especially the new Sky Sanctuary theme in the classic-era trailer.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I thought you already were. :<

Curious, how did the whole "futa" thing start, anyway?
I know Chris started it, but I can't remember why.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Hello there again my dear old friends, it's been a while since I've been around these parts. I've stopped by to bring to your attention a small tournament that will be happening in Austin, TX this Friday. It will be full of casual players, easy pickings for the likes of Zigsta the Koopa King.

Here is a link to the post in Tournament Listings: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312777

There will be a $10 entry fee, and while this won't go towards a pot, there will be hefty Play N Trade gift cards for the winners and FREE BEER.

Hope to see you there! It's been too long!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Because he is the one who is actually into futa and he needed a scapegoat.
No, no, no. Let's not start that.

Nope, it's because you used a FUTA tag.

:phone:
I have never used any tags containing "Futa" in my entire Brawl career.

Shaun, Collin, and Mike3 I think.
Still feeling fine and dandy. :D

Hello there again my dear old friends, it's been a while since I've been around these parts. I've stopped by to bring to your attention a small tournament that will be happening in Austin, TX this Friday. It will be full of casual players, easy pickings for the likes of Zigsta the Koopa King.

Here is a link to the post in Tournament Listings: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312777

There will be a $10 entry fee, and while this won't go towards a pot, there will be hefty Play N Trade gift cards for the winners and FREE BEER.

Could be good P.R.
The lack of a pot and the free beer are turn-offs, though. Five-minute timer and lack of character change are, too.
Bit confused about the stage system, could you explain it a bit more?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm still willing to go. I call dibs on car spot (there seems to be some confusion on where the venue is. The address given on the tourny page or Cafe Medici on guad?) There's a Play N Trade back home, so it works for me.

Also, I wonder how much of this applies to Mike3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qgFsC10rbc

Shaun, basically there will only be 4 stages to choose from if there are only 16 contestants. That stage list will grow if it ends up with 32 or more people.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I doubt it's that simple if he went out of his way to write "stages are chosen based on what round we are on" and label each stage with a specific round.
I thought at first that that meant that we had to play on specific stages depending on how far into the tournament we advance, but that wouldn't make much sense.

Mike2

Smash Ace
It's simple. Round 1 of the tournament all matches are played Battlefield. In round 2 all matches are played on Smashville. Round 3 all matches are played on Lylat. ect. ect.

The 4 four stages are for the 4 rounds of the bracket if 16 ppl show up. If 32 people show up they will add more stages for each additional round.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

Yo man, long time no see! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Fellas, I know some guys who work for TSTV. I'll talk to them about the ruleset.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Mike2 has the right of it. However, I know that these rules are nothing like how competitive tournaments run, so I'm looking into it.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah, okay. All starters sounds like a delicious time for Oli, so I might go anyway.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
@Cloverleaf That is indeed the correct Caffe Medici.

@Panty I'm a part of VGHL, and I'm working on it. Please don't ask anyone to pester other members of TSTV.

@Mike2 If you live in Austin, I suggest taking a bus. It's really the easiest way.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I will mostly be playing falco so no planking.

Nick tried to troll me last time.
First, just as gay.
Second, how did he troll you?

Third, I wanted to try my Sonic out at that, but that stupid "no switching characters" rule makes me nervous. :<

EDIT: IDEA! If Chris is up to it, we could play a bit at his place beforehand and just leave in carpools from his place.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm just gonna walk there. I'd have to pay $6 to park, and I already have been paying to park most days.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh damn, I thought it didn't cost anything to park after 6 or something.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I tried to time Joel out and take it to sudden death since I was down by like a whole stock.

:awesome:

Also, Ricky still hasn't used that Tiff's Treats gift card or if he did, he didn't share it with us.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
...Is there some reason he should be sharing gift cards with you guys?
Is Tiff's Treats a candy store or something?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Parking is $6 on weekends.

Tiff's Treats is a cookie store, ya scrub!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
It's a $50 for cookies. He's not gonna be able to eat that many cookies so he might as well share. Everyone decided before hand that we would share if we won, which is why we all wanted Ricky to lose.

Edit: Well, I would share. I'm never going to eat $50 worth of cookies on my own.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
...OHHHHHHH! So Ricky won it at some minor tournament in Austin.
Well... On one hand, charity given purely to satisfy the expectations of a group really only shows a weak-willed personality. Individual achievements should be recognized and rewarded or the victory has no meaning. On the other, that is way too much money to spend all on cookies and gift cards usually have an expiration date. Societies were created on the concept of sharing, but that line of thinking could cut both ways.

I think what I'm trying to say without making a large speech is that you're all terrible people, but there's no reason to fault each other for it. :3

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
If there's no reason to fault for it why are you still calling us terrible people!?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Because it's fun.

You guys need to post more often so I can get to the punchline faster.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think it'd be cool if we got a food gift card (especially one that you don't plan on spending 50 bucks on) and decided to split it. If for whatever reason they gave a 50 dollar Cafe Medici...let's just say I have yet to buy anything from there lol.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Polt doesn't share anything. I recently discovered he was evil when he was rooting for the evil crew in a good vs evil crew battle in MvC3.

Top Bottom