• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Speaking of threes, anyone know if Mike3 is still alive?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Wow. I already knew that movie was gonna be ***, but that's just wrong. >_>

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
qB, that thing in your avatar kind of reminds me of Jade Curtiss for some reason.
Keep up the good work, sir.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My full review of Transformers 3:

Whereas Michael Bay billed Transformers 2 as "More. Effing. Robots." this film should be billed "More. Effing. Humans." And that's in no way a good thing. Face it: You're paying money to see Transformers, not some humans.

I love Transformers 1 and even 2. Are they flawed? Hell yeah. But at least in the second film the clutter of robots both allows Michael Bay to show off his mastery of action effects sequences and hides the boring, undeveloped, and largely unfunny humans.

This film puts way too much emphasis on its new additions, and I'd write them all out of the script. B-O-R-I-N-G.

This is also the first film I've ever seen where I had a distinctive problem with the editing. It's confusing in some parts, especially from a story perspective. Like when the Decepticons invade, for example--we don't see them invade at all. Shot of the portal opening. Shot of them attacking the city. It's like they ripped it straight from the trailer. Little moments like these, for whatever reason, aren't included. Moments that I was really anticipating seeing how Michael Bay would shoot.

It's painfully slow to boot. I knew going into it that the final hour-long battle would be the highlight of the film. Yeesh, if you could even call it that. Megatron disappears for almost the whole fight, only to get chewed out by that new blonde girlfriend. That's silly. What's more, the humans still get the brunt of the focus, and once more, I don't care about them.

Another thing that bugs me with this film is Autobots die, but their comrades never show any signs of remorse. I won't spoil these deaths for anyone. These deaths could have left a much more emotional impact on the film, yet they're reduced to mere shots in a sequence devoid of heart and soul.

The Transformers franchise has always been one I've thoroughly enjoyed. I walked away from both TF1 and TF2 thinking "Now THAT'S a director who knows how to make movies." But I don't get that feeling at all from this third entry.

It really does pain me to rate this film so low. Transformers never lived up to its maximum potential.

Perhaps one day we can get a reboot that focuses on what's truly important thematically.

In short, DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
My full review of Transformers 3:

Whereas Michael Bay billed Transformers 2 as "More. Effing. Robots." this film should be billed "More. Effing. Humans." And that's in no way a good thing. Face it: You're paying money to see Transformers, not some humans.

I love Transformers 1 and even 2. Are they flawed? Hell yeah. But at least in the second film the clutter of robots both allows Michael Bay to show off his mastery of action effects sequences and hides the boring, undeveloped, and largely unfunny humans.

This film puts way too much emphasis on its new additions, and I'd write them all out of the script. B-O-R-I-N-G.

This is also the first film I've ever seen where I had a distinctive problem with the editing. It's confusing in some parts, especially from a story perspective. Like when the Decepticons invade, for example--we don't see them invade at all. Shot of the portal opening. Shot of them attacking the city. It's like they ripped it straight from the trailer. Little moments like these, for whatever reason, aren't included. Moments that I was really anticipating seeing how Michael Bay would shoot.

It's painfully slow to boot. I knew going into it that the final hour-long battle would be the highlight of the film. Yeesh, if you could even call it that. Megatron disappears for almost the whole fight, only to get chewed out by that new blonde girlfriend. That's silly. What's more, the humans still get the brunt of the focus, and once more, I don't care about them.

Another thing that bugs me with this film is Autobots die, but their comrades never show any signs of remorse. I won't spoil these deaths for anyone. These deaths could have left a much more emotional impact on the film, yet they're reduced to mere shots in a sequence devoid of heart and soul.

The Transformers franchise has always been one I've thoroughly enjoyed. I walked away from both TF1 and TF2 thinking "Now THAT'S a director who knows how to make movies." But I don't get that feeling at all from this third entry.

It really does pain me to rate this film so low. Transformers never lived up to its maximum potential.

Perhaps one day we can get a reboot that focuses on what's truly important thematically.

In short, DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE.
1. I actually heard Bay's action sequences were BETTER in this movie than the last two, because of the 3D...he was forced to focus in on the action rather than switching shots and angles.

2. The didn't treat Optimus Prime's death in 2 all that well =/.

3. I'm content with the humans having more emphasis, it's sometimes hard to imagine robots having "character development". They didn't do it right with the humans in this movie though.

4. What happened to Megatron totally demeaned him in regards to how powerful of a guy he is.

5. And how the hell do you love 2?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
He's from "Tales of the Abyss", qB. The game's incredible, but the anime's terrible.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
PS2 and 3DS. Not sure if it's out for the 3DS yet.
Might not be for everyone. Some people don't like RPGs.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497

Oh... It's only 8 A.M. and the magic is already gone from this day. :<

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I've had this avatar for quite some time already :embarrass:

Although, if it makes you feel better, I made that other one my Facebook profile picture.

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
May be late to the party on the TF3 convo, but holy **** that movie was bad. Pointless slow motion shots ruined it for me. And I hate the humans. Humans shouldn't be the ones doing the work. I actually enjoyed the beginning of the movie that had nothing to do with fighting more than anything else...

Oh, and I agree that the editing was terrible. They would be somewhere, then the next shot they would be across the city with absolutely no explanation how it happened...

Top Bottom