• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Congratulations Chris, I present you with the Larry O' Brien Trophy...

What's that?

Oh this is game 1?

This isn't the Finals?

But New Orleans is celebrating like it's the Finals.

Ohhhh....I see, ah okay, nevermind,

Nike.

Smash Hero
Memphis is a much better team than Hornets and Spurs played without Manu.

Alot of ppl projected Spurs/Griz to be a 6-7 game series. Lakers were supposed to sweep the worst team in the western half.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Memphis is a much better team than Hornets and Spurs played without Manu.

Alot of ppl projected Spurs/Griz to be a 6-7 game series. Lakers were supposed to sweep the worst team in the western half.
Injuries are part of the game. When is Manu NOT injured? Last year he had the broken nose, and two years ago he had some ankle problem.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Yes it's part of the game. Still doesn't take away the fact that we needed him today and he could've put the Spurs over the hump.

Lakers were GIFTED their first round because Memphis pulled a tank job and wanted us instead.

I still think the Lakers will win the series like every other person, but LOL at losing to the freakin Hornets.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Didn't the Spurs have a 10 point lead at one point during the third?
Because the way I see it, that's enough indication that they didn't NEED Manu.

They just sucked today. Le' end.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yes it's part of the game. Still doesn't take away the fact that we needed him today and he could've put the Spurs over the hump.

Lakers were GIFTED their first round because Memphis pulled a tank job and wanted us instead.

I still think the Lakers will win the series like every other person, but LOL at losing to the freakin Hornets.
Okay, and we could have used Gasol to actually play in this game rather than taking jump shots. We could have used CP3 to have a NORMAL shooting day rather than a hot one. Ifs and buts don't mean nuts. That's why it's a best of 7. If the Spurs are truly better...Manu or not, things will work out for them.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Kinda scared to continue the NBA discussion after the drama in the SA thread but it doesnt seem to be bothering anyone here.

I may be a sports bar tomorrow, too bad the 2 games playing tomorrow I have no interest in what so ever

Dallas plays tuesday and im off so maybe I can catch that while im out having margaritas :)

I would watch it at home but, I havent watched tv in like 4 years, I dont even know which channel is which and dont have cable in my room!

Oh and Lakers always lose when they "should" win but still pull it out in the long run (winning championships)

remeber houston taking lakers to game 7? Houston got blown out game 7 but they didnt even have tmac and only had yao like 2-3 games I believe

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
lmao, Nike, chill. Espy's right, Spurs lost.

I ain't even mad. I know who Memphis is, and they had a blistering shooting night. Manu or not, we didn't close that game defensively. We'll win the next 2, they'll win the 4th, and the series will get real good.

Lakers got it handed to them yesterday though. CP3 came to play, that's all that happened. Kobe got his, Pau never got in the flow. Lakers may be better, but same as Spurs, being a game back is not where they want to be.

If Suspect can't read my posts still, someone tell him his comment about SA not accepting B-Ball talk was ********. lol

Top Bottom