• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

IG88

Smash Cadet
I was planning on trying to get chris to pick me up if he can. Not because I'm lazy like Ricky, but because I have to bring a tv back to his place lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Which videos do you need, Chris?
I usually delete all of my videos after uploading, but I have a ****-ton of random RP files scattered around.
I'll take pretty much any singles video I'm in. ESPECIALLY your most viewed video of all time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Gonna be skipping class, so I'm pretty much available to be picked up to head to Chris' place whenever. Let me know who plans to be there around 5.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I was planning on trying to get chris to pick me up if he can. Not because I'm lazy like Ricky, but because I have to bring a tv back to his place lol
You do know that he already has four at his place, no?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ahkay.
Heading out soon, text if anything changes.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So I definitely almost died like... 15 times on the way home.
My window refroze and I was occasionally driving on the wrong side of the road, so I had to pull over and use the remaining Dr. Pepper to defrost the window.
THEN the pump was frozen at the gas station and I almost wasn't able to cancel the transaction.
If my car was human, I'd give it a hug for getting me to my destination without running out of gas.

That smashfest was kind of meh until the end, when Chris finally gave in and teamed with me.
I felt like I was really loud and annoying and that was probably the result of downing 3/4 of a bottle of DP.
More later, good night.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I had to wake up this morning at 6:30AM.
...and I didn't leave Paw's epic fest until 2AM.

I'm very sad.

IG88

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm getting a capture card now and I'm gonna start uploading them. Due to the amount I'm not sure exactly how long it'll be before i get them all up

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Shaun, how do I access the replays that are saved on an SD card? I put it into a computer to check but they weren't showing up.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Thanks for hosting, Chris.

Went to sleep at 4:30 and my body naturally woke me up at 9. Went back to sleep and didn't wake up till 3. lol

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
The replay files are saved in "(drive letter):\private\wii\APP\RSBE\rp", but they're saved as .rp files (and an .rp file is essentially just a list of the commands and events that occurred in a match).

1. If you want to upload a match, you're going to have to load up the Wii, connect it to your capture card, go to the replay menu, and record each one individually.

2. Check the quality afterward. I occasionally don't do this when I'm strapped for time (which I am this week), and it usually doesn't hurt to skip this step.

3. After that, you have to rename each file to something like "Zigsta (Bowser) v. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar) (1)".
It's not NECESSARY to do this, but it's nice to not have to pick through titles like "20110212-155637" to find which matches were which.

4. Then you just upload them, organize them into a playlist, make said playlist available on your main page, and you're done.

Also, you need to make sure that you have the correct codeset for each replay. If you try to record a "Tripping enabled" replay with a "No tripping" codeset, it desyncs when a trip was supposed to occur.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Guys, I'm trying to work out hotel plans for WHOBO. Let's get the carpool list finalized.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So we've got:

Moi
Mike2
Mike3
Joel
Ricky

I know there's more!

Also, I'm thinking about just buying a new Wii. At this rate, my Wii will never get sent in, and WHOBO's just around the corner. I need to start practicing for at least an hour a day until the big tournament. Some of the Bowsers doubt I'm even top 3. I've got a lot to prove between now and next semester.

EDIT--Remembered Joel and Ricky are coming for sure. Nick? Shaun?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
You can give me low priority I guess. I live in Houston anyways so I could just take a bus back and stay at home since it's only like 30 minute drive. I'll most likely being going though.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You can give me low priority I guess. I live in Houston anyways so I could just take a bus back and stay at home since it's only like 30 minute drive. I'll most likely being going though.
No way we're letting you take a bus and miss the hotel experience. WHOBO 2 was the best tournament experience I've EVER had--I don't want you to miss the full experience.

Chris
Mike2
Mike3
Joel
Ricky
Shiken Chicken
Kerg
Nick

Looks like we're gonna need multiple drivers for this. We've got 8 people interested so far, with Shaun and Mustafa still needing to chime in. I'm willing to drive, no sweat. Who else is up for driving?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm a bit surprised that you don't remember the 20+ times I said I was going. ^^;
I even made a thread in the Olimar boards titled "Olimars at WHOBO".

(I'm going, BTW.)
If we can't find another driver, I miiiiiiiiight be able to drive.
Gotta fix my A/C and learn how to not drive like a psycho.

By the way, can we still get a group rate on passes or has that "passed"? :awesome:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm a bit surprised that you don't remember the 20+ times I said I was going. ^^;
I even made a thread in the Olimar boards titled "Olimars at WHOBO".

(I'm going, BTW.)
If we can't find another driver, I miiiiiiiiight be able to drive.
Gotta fix my A/C and learn how to not drive like a psycho.

By the way, can we still get a group rate on passes or has that "passed"? :awesome:
Just wanted to make sure you weren't gonna bail since your boy Hilt isn't going.

So we have:

Me
Mike2
Mike3
Joel
Ricky
Shiken Chicken
Kerg
Nick
Shaun

I believe you can still get a slight discount, yes. Everyone should buy their pass soon!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Just wanted to make sure you weren't gonna bail since your boy Hilt isn't going.
I was definitely considering not going, but Joey reminded me that certain people I haven't seen in a while are going to be there.

Top Bottom