• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
****. There's a new sheriff in town.

I have a good understanding of what happened, but I don't see how MLG can ban the two unless they have clear proof...and AIM Chat logs is not proof considering it's so easy to alter those.

Oh and you guys should read this too. I didn't know this much drama happened in Smash.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=90466

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Have no money?

Edit: Doors open at 7, so I'll probably leave around 5. I guess I can come over for 2 hours or so then. What is your address again, Zig?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It's impossible to find, especially with the apartment complex's confusing name.
Keep your eyes peeled.

EDIT: My, it's a beautiful night. It's quite breezy and the moon is a deep orange color.
That cold front seems to be coming through.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's EASY to find. Shaun's just a FAILTROLL.

TV's working now thanks to my $5 universal remote. FINALLY getting to test some stuff with Bowser. Yoshi's Island is looking to be a really fun stage now. :)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Wish you had known that earlier against Deva I bet.

Anyways, consider me confirmed for this tourny.
DEFINITELY. I'm convinced now that Yoshi's is one of Bowser's best neutrals now. Shy Guys/slanted platform messes with projectiles, and Bowser can do some interesting ledge mixups thanks to the slanted ledges.

Who are you teaming with, Mustafa?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I didn't want to say this because I ****ing hate that stage anyway, but you do seem to be harder on Yoshi's Island.
Dunno if you've noticed this, but both times you've beaten me have been on that stage.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I didn't want to say this because I ****ing hate that stage anyway, but you do seem to be harder on Yoshi's Island.
Dunno if you've noticed this, but both times you've beaten me have been on that stage.
Really? I never noticed that, haha.

My TV's become a godsend to me just in one day--realized how easy it is to ledgehop Firebreath, learned a neat way to gimp Diddy Kong, practiced GR CG on Samus, found an easy way to 0-death Squirtle, and practiced an even EASIER way to **** Jigglypuff out of GR. :)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Of course! I guess that means you're going, then?

I hope Sheik/Zelda is allowed, though. I do a lot better against a few of the mid-tier characters as Zelda (R.O.B. especially).

:069:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I hope Sheik/Zelda is allowed, though. I do a lot better against a few of the mid-tier characters as Zelda (R.O.B. especially).

I'm pretty sure Xyro made it clear that Zelda wasn't going to be allowed.
Not that it's his tournament, but they're rocking with his ruleset, so I assume this is the same as well.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Guys, Dobie tournament is open to non-UT students. The owner even said he's cool with out of town people.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm pretty sure Xyro made it clear that Zelda wasn't going to be allowed.
Not that it's his tournament, but they're rocking with his ruleset, so I assume this is the same as well.
It's still up to the TO. It's his tournament, so he doesn't have to follow everything that HOBO does. And it makes sense to include Zelda/Sheik since they are now on the tier list.

I've given up on convincing Xyro for HOBO, though. =/

Just f-tilt lock someone and I'll come over and f-smash them. GG.
Uh... wouldn't that hit me, too? D:

Oh, and I want to see how effective Needles are at saving you.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
After much meditation, I think I've realized the best way to get my T.V. downstairs safely.
(Upstairs is no problem because I can just push it up and rest it on the stairs if needed)

We wrap one end of a rope around the television. Then the rope wraps once around each support beam and the rest goes into the hands of three of the four remaining people (because we usually have four people left). Then the television is put onto a board (?) at the top of the stairs. It will slide down the stairs on the board as the three people gently give slack, little-by-little, and the two support beams will help to take a little pressure off and provide stability. The fourth person will be the one to start the slide and support it as it goes down.
It's fairly simple and I think it'll work.

The only problem would be finding a good place to hook the rope after it has been wrapped (to keep it on there).
It would be pulling at a diagonal, but that's a good thing.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Mike, there's no time announced as of now. They will announce the date after enough people sign up.

Shaun, that is CRAZY.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Shaun...you can always hit the gym and get strong...like your idols Charles and Chad....

Dammit Chris, why are 2 of the 3 C's buff and strong? Get to work.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I have yet to see you force jump, push, pull, lightning, mind read, or even wield a light saber.

Ricky...1 word...spacing (which I'm horrible at LOL).

Oh and Chris, I don't think I'll be over at your place until later at night. On top of that, I plan to go back to my apartment afterwards, because I don't want to be carrying around extra clothes, towel, tootbrush, Old Spice, etc etc, the entire day in my back pack where my wii is gonna be.

EDIT: JOEL. BRING THE CONTROLLER

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I choose to not reveal my force powers in front of you.

You can just leave your stuff in my car.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm not sure if leaving a damped towel in a closed space is such a good idea lol. Besides, I'd rather sleep in my bed then on a sleeping bag/couch/floor.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Wow, you're a jerk, Chris.
You have force powers, but you make me and Mike do all that heavy lifting? T_T

And this is how civilization developed. We create things to make life easier.
Are you calling progress crazy?

Top Bottom