• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Nick, I had to check that your SD card was the right one because I have "Dead Batteries" on Halberd over the EXACT SAME SONG on my SD card. XD

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Alrighty guys, here's my plan:

Zigfest this Friday. I get out of class at 2 PM. You guys can come over and crash at my place for the night. In the morning, we'll go to SA for their tournament, and we will be back that night. The venue closes at 9 PM, and afterwards we might go out to eat together. We'll drive back to Austin after that.
Chris, if there is still room I'd like to go. :)

Mike2, I can't provide housing at MLG, that means you would have to get a hotel. WHOBO is in Houston...I don't live in Houston >_>.
Maybe we can stay with the guys from Florida. I'll go ask them.

:069:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So in my car so far we have:

Me
Mustafa
Nick
Ricky
Mike

My car's full at this point. If anyone else wants to go, let me know. If Mike's down to drive, then we can take 2 cars.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Nick, I had to check that your SD card was the right one because I have "Dead Batteries" on Halberd over the EXACT SAME SONG on my SD card. XD
Lol. Both songs that are on Halberd I had trouble with. The volume is reeaally low for some reason. Also I have a few more songs for my list if you care to hear them.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Okay, Nick definitely has the best taste in music so far.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Chris, take me off the car pool list for this weekend's tourny. I just remembered that I have some friends coming over from A&M that I haven't seen since the end of Summer.

Edit: Actually, let me check with my friend if we are gonna hang out on Saturday or Sunday.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Speaking of movies, I just rewatched the '68 version of The Little Shop of Horrors.
The Dentist song is so ****ing good.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Shaun, are you coming?
No, that happens later. :3

But seriously, I have plans for Halloween that involve the rest of my entertainment budget for this month, so I can't really go.

"'It's so dreadful to be poor!' sighed Meg, looking down at her old dress.
'I don't think it's fair for some girls to have plenty of pretty things, and other girls nothing at all,' added little Amy, with an injured sniff."

Nick, I'm putting these songs in the 94-95 decibel range. Sound good?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Nick, I'm putting these songs in the 94-95 decibel range. Sound good?
I guess? Also could you fix my Dead Battery on Halberd?

I take it you liked all the songs I picked if you think my taste in music is good lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
no, that happens later. :3

but seriously, i have plans for halloween that involve the rest of my entertainment budget for this month, so i can't really go.

"'it's so dreadful to be poor!' sighed meg, looking down at her old dress.
'i don't think it's fair for some girls to have plenty of pretty things, and other girls nothing at all,' added little amy, with an injured sniff."

nick, i'm putting these songs in the 94-95 decibel range. Sound good?
1) I KNEW YOU WOULD GO FOR IT!!!

2) What are these "plans"?

3) WTF is that quote?!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Mustafa, Mike, I was able to land us in Florida's room in the hotel for MLG.

Including us, there are going to be 11 people in it. I hope the room is spacious...

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Hey, does anyone have room for me in their hotel room, and if so, how much would I have to pay to crash there? I've been asking in the Houston thread but they all hate me there and don't respond. My previous housing plan fell through..

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Haptic can have my spot. I really don't feel like going for one reason or another to MLG.

Chris, don't. They would forever meat ride you...your **** will be super sore.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Are you sure, Bored? Both of the MLGs I've been to have been amazing. You'll be missing out on a great experience if you don't go.

Of course, if you just can't go, then I'll understand. But... if you not going to something as grand as MLG just because you don't feel like it... you're going to regret it. Trust me.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
He'll only regret it if he loves the game enough.
ThisOver9000

I have other things to commit to at the moment that are taking up my time. There's a bball tourny coming up during Thanks Giving, and I've already starting prepping for that a while back. I'd rather use my weekends as extra time I have to keep prepping. Any video game time goes into Fallout right now. I'm sure MLG is a once in a lifetime opportunity, but it just doesn't strike much to me.

Besides, I'd rather just save that money towards WHOBO.

Edit: Mike and Ricky in one car + Detective Conan Romance Music = Awww ye.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
So how much would I be paying, and where and who with would I be staying?

Edit: I can drive as well, if this all works out.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm sure MLG is a once in a lifetime opportunity, but it just doesn't strike much to me.

Besides, I'd rather just save that money towards WHOBO.
Mustafa is wise. WHOBO will be much better.
Seriously, like a billion Olimars are coming to WHOBO (and this'll be the first and probably last time HlLT will be coming down). It's going to be an extravaganza.

Chris, I'm ashamed for you for not knowing what that quote is from.
And I'll be arriving as early as possible to this smashfest because I still hate camping for parking spots.
I almost had the one out front last time, but someone swooped in in front of me. :<

Also, I've been keeping my T.V. in my car for Friday's smashfest (too tired of loading and unloading by myself) and not having a T.V. in the bedroom is REALLY weird.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Have you looked at Bowser? He's fat and slow...why would he travel.

This reminds me, my friend lives on a street called Bowser, and there is a street in Plano called Gannon.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Bowser jokes. :(

So about the tournament at Dobie Game Shop: The guy there has never run a tournament before. I was the first person to sign up, and I asked him about what the ruleset was. He said he was gonna ask EGADS, but he said it was gonna be double elimination. I told him I'm the leader of the scene here, and we travel to tournaments. I offered to bring him a copy of Xyro's ruleset tomorrow, and he accepted it.

Can anyone get TIO on their laptop? I'd rather not install more programs on my laptop as of now since it's gotten very full with media.

Bottom line: This is going to be a REAL tournament.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Have you looked at Bowser? He's fat and slow...why would he travel.

This reminds me, my friend lives on a street called Bowser, and there is a street in Plano called Gannon.
Bowser has a system of underground tunnels to travel to different worlds. :awesome:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Wait, what is this tournament you speak of, Chris?

EDIT: Let me rephrase that:

What?
When?
Where?
Why?
How much?
Komusō?

Top Bottom