• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Dang, all those upsets at MLG DC!

I read the whole stream in one sitting because I didn't have access to the web.

Congrats on your run Ricky!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
How did Ricky do? I'm still on dial-up.

Also, M2K lost to another Olimar (Rich). What a broken character.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
****ing legal Mew?
I don't even know why I still play Pokemon.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Perfect timing.
I just got on to announce that I finished putting my music hacks back on (though I couldn't find a few and had to leave the old songs on).
Should I bring my T.V.?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yes, please!

Hopefully by then I'll have my new SDTV, so we'll have 3 SD setups.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Excellent. Joel, I hope you're coming.
If you are, we're playing several times regardless of how tired or hungry one or both of us may be.
I don't plan on losing to Zac again, so I have to try a bunch of **** on you.

BTW. Chris, I'm leaving here at 2:45 P.M. Thursday because I am NOT looking for my car again.
I don't care if I have to wait until a specific time to actually come into the apartment, I'll just camp in a parking spot until then.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Excellent. Joel, I hope you're coming.
If you are, we're playing several times regardless of how tired or hungry one or both of us may be.
I don't plan on losing to Zac again, so I have to try a bunch of **** on you.

BTW. Chris, I'm leaving here at 2:45 P.M. Thursday because I am NOT looking for my car again.
I don't care if I have to wait until a specific time to actually come into the apartment, I'll just camp in a parking spot until then.
"Last edited by CloverLeaf; Today at 01:04 PM. Reason: Removed a bad joke that made the post HUGE."

LMAO

Um, I'll definitely come to this.

Denti

Smash Master
Since MLG Dallas is right around the corner and no tournies are planned, would people show to my place for a tournie?

My house is where I'd hold it, so people could house with me and just do the tournament there.

My address is -
5112 Leeray rd Keller TX

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Cloverleaf sent me a PM telling me there was a fest this Thursday. What a lovable person. I just played Brawl for the first time since HOBO 27 yesterday and I am wayyyy out of practice!

I will try to make this one. HOWEVER. My car was broken into last night and one of my windows is broken and my iPod was stolen, and I called Austin PD and they are sending out a detective sometime soon to investigate and I will have to take my car in for a window fix soon, etc. So I may need a ride...

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
You don't know me that well. I'm actually a massive douchebag IRL.

You said you were in Austin for school. Do you go to U.T.?
If so, I think there's a bus you can take, but I'm not sure.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Since MLG Dallas is right around the corner and no tournies are planned, would people show to my place for a tournie?

My house is where I'd hold it, so people could house with me and just do the tournament there.

My address is -
5112 Leeray rd Keller TX
I'd be down if it was Oct. 30th.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Yes, I go to UT. If there's a bus that drops off near Zig's house, that would be nice.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh hey, it seems I'm completely ********.
ALL of the replays from the last smashfest were recorded to the Wii (not the SD card), so none of them were lost when my SD card exploded.
What's more, the problem that was causing static on the recording device was actually simple to repair.

Working on recording them now.
And Chris, Mediafire is dead-set on not letting me upload.
I'll be bringing my laptop to the smashfest, so remind me to give you those replays using my USB device instead.

ADVENTURE LOG 2
Finished recording replays after doing a number of minor tasks that I do every day.
Unfortunately, living out in bum-**** nowhere ensures that I'll have nothing else to do with the rest of my day, excluding the basic, overdone activities (such as archery, drawing, and reading the same books I've read several times before T_T).
Therefore, I have decided to re-record those Zigsta v. Jnig replays for increased quality.

ADVENTURE LOG 3
It seems that the replays that were on the SD card when it was swept clean were the Jnig v. Zigsta replays.
After slicing and hacking my way through the jungle that is my laptop's hard drive (including a total exploration of the dark tombs of the ancient "Bomberman stuff" folder), I found that I had no copies of the RP files.
As a last desperate move, I searched my PM box on SWF, only to find that I had cleaned them out a few days ago.
****, I'm always one step ahead of myself.
Therefore, I can only re-record the Jnig replays to be generally higher-quality if Zigsta resends the link.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
He might have some UFC fight to be in...but seriously, it's up to him in all seriousness. You can always book a ticket now with Southwest for roughly 170 round trip (hope a deal shows up!). Other alternative is to steal Chris' car.

Edit: Currently getting Kirby's Epic Yarn. Game looks too good (and cute) to pass up.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
He might have some UFC fight to be in...but seriously, it's up to him in all seriousness. You can always book a ticket now with Southwest for roughly 170 round trip (hope a deal shows up!). Other alternative is to steal Chris' car.

Edit: Currently getting Kirby's Epic Yarn. Game looks too good (and cute) to pass up.
The UFC fight is this week, I believe. It's the reason he can't take us to JUJ's tourney, right?

By the way, I'm down for stealing borrowing Chris' car.

Oh, and Kirby's Epic Yarn looks ep- I mean pretty cool.

Not sure. Let you guys know tonight or tomorrow by the latest.
*cue nervousness*

:069:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It was one of Chris' friend from Louisiana. I don't know what he's doing right now or what his plans are. Chris, can you confirm what he's doing? And I was making a joke about Mike's UFC fetish...hence why I said "UFC fight to be in".

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to MLG Dallas. Money Johns. Also I can prob. bring a setup to the next fest Chris. If I bring mine how many will we have?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
@Haptic--The E bus drops you off right by my place.

@Mike2--The last person's T-block, a PT main from Canada. Lemme know ASAP if you can drive so I can tell him. If someone from Austin can't drive him, he'll have to get a flight straight to Dallas.

@Nameless--Not getting Epic Yarn because Kirby games are EASY.

@Joel--We'd have 3-4 setups, depending on if I can get my SDTV before then.

@Shaun--Resent you the replays.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Kirby's Epic Yarn came out yesterday and I didn't know?! I NEED that game. I'm a design major, so you can guess that I'm a sucker for innovative art styles.

Thanks for the bus tip Zig.

Also, I will not be making MLG Dallas either. I have money johns as well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, I'm no big fan of Kirby games and I could care less about the fact you can't die, I'm just interested in the art and what it has to offer in terms of gameplay.

Though I do hear getting 100% completion is **** hard.

T-block

B2B TST
Hey guys, thanks for keeping me in mind, but I don't think I'll be going to Dallas anymore.

Things have come up and I really need to buy a car before January, so all money will be going into that >_<

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Thanks for the bus tip Zig.
No! Chris is notorious for lying about the bus system!

...Well, at least it doesn't work for me. I always have to walk there. :urg:

I planned on getting Epic Yarn till I heard how you couldn't get hurt at all in the game ._.
...Seriously? That is just pathetic. Kirby games were already ridiculously easy. That's a new low for Nintendo.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, when I came back to Austin yesterday, the bus going back to Jester stopped operating 20 minutes before I exited the airport. I had to pay $30 for a cab. ;__;

Top Bottom