• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Vielen dank, Zig.
I have absolutely nothing to do until Wednesday and the boredom is driving me nuts.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
WTF is "Vielen dank"?

I'm so ready for Thursday. I've got a lot of new ideas for improving Bowser's movements as well as some new takes on old movement strategies that aren't employed much anymore.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You said it would be on Youtube today (technically yesterday) I thought. :c
I was originally planning on uploading it today, but I decided after I screened it in class to use the feedback I got to make a slightly better cut.

Also Joel, we need to play some singles matches. We haven't played singles in AGES.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
When I saw the first Layton, I started counting down the days until there was a PW Crossover.
No joke.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ricky...please don't jack off to that...

Edit: I don't know why, but Layton's Japanese voice just makes me laugh. I guess you see those beady eyes and light hearted face, and then you hear this deep serious voice.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm bad at refreshing. Get at me.

Edit: I wonder if the person filming that video got jumped by security when it just cuts off like that.

2nd Edit: Granted Layton has always had a VA, but it will be interesting to see Wright with one throughout the game...unless they give him Link Status and give him those lines he's known for.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Wow, these are REALLY easy to loop, Nick.
I think the only one that's going to need a 14336ing is Esperance.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Pretty sure it's this year's Jester shirt. Might be a Move-In shirt.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You didn't do half bad, Nick. You just need to play more patient/campy. Against Sonic, the worst thing you can do with most characters is speed up your gameplay to try and match Sonic's speed. Just take it at your own pace.

You'll get more used to the MU the more you play Espy.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
You didn't do half bad, Nick. You just need to play more patient/campy. Against Sonic, the worst thing you can do with most characters is speed up your gameplay to try and match Sonic's speed. Just take it at your own pace.

You'll get more used to the MU the more you play Espy.
Speaking of Brawl. What did you want to try out in teams? Or is it a secret? :awesome:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Gas is fine, and there should be no hotel, cause I'll be housing. I just need to revive talks with my parents. Really, though, need to figure out how many people are gonna be going in the car.

Mike2

Smash Ace
opqwejriowjf;asdf;lsdkjf;sdaf;asdf;sdf;asf

omg epic win. thats awesome. so a definite yessss(assuming Polt can do a 3rd of the gas). and im super relieved

Mike2

Smash Ace
Gas is fine, and there should be no hotel, cause I'll be housing. I just need to revive talks with my parents. Really, though, need to figure out how many people are gonna be going in the car.
So far it's only 3 counting me. Just you and Ricky. Zig's friend isn't gonna be going after all.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, don't get your hopes up. Don't go rushing to buy your MLG ticket. I still need to make sure it's okay with my parents. If I'm thinking this correctly, we'll be spending the night at m house Thursday and Friday for sure. Not sure how Saturday is gonna play out in terms of when it ends and if we can leave straight from the venue (it'll cut our drive time by 30-45 mins).

My parents can be pretty strict when it comes to letting uh...people they have never seen before spend the night at my house. So yea, asking for two nights (3 would be killer) is gonna be tough.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh, if it can help, I can let your parents speak to mine. They can tell your parents about how hard it was to let people over to my house back in Florida, but then they realized what a bunch of good guys the Smash community is.

:069:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Chris, what time do you want people coming out tomorrow?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah, hell. I'm going to lose my car again.
I'm bringing a pad and paper and drawing a map this time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ricky, they are pretty conservative, and that mainly comes from culture and religion. I'll probably give them a call today, but like I said, no promises.

Edit:

Please complete your plans for WHOBO 3 asap cause the venue fee(badge) will go up on november 1st and even high 2 months after that. Plus, it seems lots of Ikes are going to this. WHOBO is the ike meet-up spot.

Check the thread out and read up on it. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843
So, I would rather buy the ticket before November 1st if possible. Though I'm not sure what our plans are let alone mine (Parents expect me to be back home).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So, that PWxPL game is only for Japan.
I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying candy.

Top Bottom