• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Shaun's head exist as the gutter, in the gutter, and somewhere in mexico they know of Shaun as El Guttere.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Most certainly, if you can give me directions to it or program the address into my GPS.
I'm terrible at finding places on my own. ^^;

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ehehe...
The people that left early missed the entire show.

1. My "car trouble"
2. Mike2's random Fsmashes and beasting the TV down
3. Chris NOT connecting his GR to Uair :3
4. Slow beams

It was an eventful night.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's fine. I crashed by 1 am when I got back. Was way too tired to go on much more.

Shaun, can you upload the close set between Ricky and I? I wanna post it in the Ike boards for some critique. If not, just send the replay files to me (assuming they don't have a no tripping code).

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Awesome fest, everyone. I had a great time, including trying to find Shaun's car at 4 AM. :p

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I completely owned that essay when I got back. :bee:

Chris, we're definitely going to HOBO, right?

:069:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Umm... I won't be able to upload it until the next fest because I didn't bring my recording device with me (though I really should start bringing it ^^; )

And I have "no tripping" on. Can you wait until the next one or would you like me to send them to you anyway?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Thank you.

EDIT: I just saw the replay where Nick Fairs Chris like.. five times.
Good ****, Nick. XD

And Zig, I uploaded the Me v. You replays you wanted.
Still trying to find an uploading website that'll actually finish the process when I try to upload files (for the ones v. Jnig), but I got ONE up on Mediafire. T_T

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Digitally *****...I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. I guess I lost my internet/cyber virginity.

Edit: I talked to my mom about housing us for MLG. Of course, first thing she asks is "WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE". I say "My friends", and she's like "WHAT FRIENDS?". It's as if she doesn't expect me to make friends over here LOL. In any case, it's gonna come down to a nod from my dad as well.

I'll just tell her that hey, if you don't let us stay, a fat hotel bill is gonna show up at your house. But I think the main concern will be in not getting in the way of my bro and sis' and just some traditional customs. I'll go over all of that once I get confirmation on being housed.

I only have one CRT TV, so hopefully that should be good enough. The rest are LCD. The venue is roughly 45 mins from my house. If anything, things can work in our favor if we depart from Austin from the venue, because that will shave off 30 minutes of trip time.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I hope you'll be able to arrange it, Mustafa. Good luck convincing your parents. >.>

Guys, I have a very annoying problem. I can't connect my Wii to the internet here. Is there some way that I can do that? =/

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
As did I. Totally forgot about it. I haven't been on Smashboards in a week or more.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Don't lie, you guys are just lazy.
I even brought my epic TV and it nearly broke my legs going down the stairs.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Ricky, there's no way to hook up your Wii to the Internet in the Jester dorms, sadly.

Nameless and Haptic, just check the Austin Brawl thread more often, or shoot me a text to see when the next fest is. My number's on the front page.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I was kind of wondering about that myself.

...but then I remembered that you said that Olimar is easy and decided not to say anything.
...but then I remembered that you liked Days of Ruin and felt bad.

The result was an epic internal struggle, but it turns out that my bad side carried a gun and shot my good side dead.
You can expect every street light in the tri-county area to be converted to slow beams within the next five years.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
^ I don't even know what that's all about.

Anyways, I finished the first Layton game. Puzzles were great. Characters were great. Voices were great. Was digging the additional stuff you could do (painting, gizmos, hotel room, etc). However, I was kinda irked the wrong way by the "plot twist" (Sooo M. Night Shymalan), and another thing that irked me was how Layton was always calm and detached no matter what the situation. Does this guy ever get mad, let alone happy? It seems like his tone of voice is the same every single time.

And what's with him not being able to catch up to a hobo looking guy carrying a human sized robot in his bag when he's running away?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The result was an epic internal struggle, but it turns out that my bad side carried a gun and shot my good side dead.
Shaun, I have NO idea what this is about. XD

Nick, added you to the OP. If anyone has something Nick is most well known for now...speak up!

I also added WHOBO 3 to the OP.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Shaun, thanks for uploading our set. I got some really helpful pointer for next time. :)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
^ I don't even know what that's all about.

Anyways, I finished the first Layton game. Puzzles were great. Characters were great. Voices were great. Was digging the additional stuff you could do (painting, gizmos, hotel room, etc). However, I was kinda irked the wrong way by the "plot twist" (Sooo M. Night Shymalan), and another thing that irked me was how Layton was always calm and detached no matter what the situation. Does this guy ever get mad, let alone happy? It seems like his tone of voice is the same every single time.

And what's with him not being able to catch up to a hobo looking guy carrying a human sized robot in his bag when he's running away?
The plot twist was weird, but given all of the evidence lying about it is really the only conclusion to what happened.
I definitely found it weird since this game is supposed to take place around the mid-20th century (although in a slightly alternate universe). Who would have guessed robots?

In terms of fun factor and story, I think that the first game ranks the lowest (which is understandable since it is the first game of the series). So, I believe you'll love the other two Professor Layton games. Let me tell you this: you are NOT going to guess the "plot twist" of the second game. ^_^

Still, you have to admit, the Ferris Wheel scene and tower scenes were epic. And I guess they couldn't catch Bruno because they were in an unfamiliar part of town and Bruno knows the town like the back of his hand.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Update the OP with a new Movie of the Week: Let Me In.
I'm confused by the part where you said you left at the same time as other people because of the blood soooo, did you not stay for the entire film?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm confused by the part where you said you left at the same time as other people because of the blood soooo, did you not stay for the entire film?
No, we all left when the film ended. Some people said they didn't like it because they were grossed out.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm seeing it tonight, too. Going to the 7:25 at Alamo South Lamar.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
By the way, what day are we leaving for HOBO and how long are we staying?

Top Bottom