• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
We're leaving Friday and will come back Sunday.

Just got back from The Social Network, and I definitely prefer Let Me In.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
We're leaving Friday and will come back Sunday.

Just got back from The Social Network, and I definitely prefer Let Me In.
The movie about Myspace would be better. More sex, violence, and explosions!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I have yet to see Let Me In, but The Social Network definitely did open my eyes to a lot of these characters. Granted for the sake of entertainment, things are exaggerated, but I actually found myself cheering and seeing Eduardo as the main character. They made Mark seem socially awkward and as commonly said in the movie "*******". Not sure if he's like that in real life, but considering he liked the movie...well that says it all.

Also Chris, you should check out Catfish. It's a documentary concerning an online relationship through facebook.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Chris, I finished The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest the other day. I really liked most of the redesigned dungeons. ^_^

However, this game actually scared me quite a few times, or a least a lot more times than a 12-year-old game should have. The random Lizalfos/Dinalfos, the congregation of ReDeads in the Bottom of the Well, and ESPECIALLY THE SKULLTULA ROOM IN THE SPIRIT TEMPLE (I had to pause the game for about 5 minutes. My God, my arachnophobia was acting up so much when I entered that room).

Anyways, I'll return it to you when I head over to your house Friday.

By the way, it seems that everyone is talking about Social Network. What is that movie about? I haven't heard about it before... :confused:

:069:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
It's about how the Facebook was created, complete with lies and betrayals!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dude, you're 18. Why are you getting scared by poor graphics and a game not based on horror?

Social Network is a retelling story of how facebook was created. It goes from the beginning all the way to the lawsuits that are eventually settled.

Edit: ninjaaaad

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Mustafa, the creators of Facebook DON'T like the movie. In fact, if any marketing company goes on Facebook, Twitter, or Myspace and promotes the film, they'll get a lawsuit from Facebook. The agency I work for told me.

And I saw Catfish a week and a half ago or so. It's pretty cool, but not nearly as hype as the trailer makes it seem.

Ricky, sounds good. Glad ya liked it.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oh, I see. Eh, doesn't seem too interesting. I don't even have a Facebook. =P

Dude, you're 18. Why are you getting scared by poor graphics and a game not based on horror?
You have no idea how scary those Skulltulas are to me. I couldn't even get past the first dungeon because of those things when I was a little kid.

I had no idea what to expect when I was doing these dungeons. When I walked into that small, isolated little room and literally 10 Skulltulas came down at me, I shrieked and went to use the bathroom. My roommates even gave me weird looks.

And then when I went to open the lone treasure chest in that room an invisible Skulltula attacked me. I couldn't move for like 5 seconds.

I still have nightmares about them. >_<

:069:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Mustafa, the creators of Facebook DON'T like the movie. In fact, if any marketing company goes on Facebook, Twitter, or Myspace and promotes the film, they'll get a lawsuit from Facebook. The agency I work for told me.

And I saw Catfish a week and a half ago or so. It's pretty cool, but not nearly as hype as the trailer makes it seem.

Ricky, sounds good. Glad ya liked it.
Interesting, guess I heard wrong when my friend told me Zuck liked the movie. In any case, I don't see it as a means of criticizing the movie. It's not like people are gonna deactivate their facebooks over it. If anything, it'll get more people to sign up.

Though like I said, despite it being an overdramatized rendition of real events, if that's really how Eduardo got cheated out...****.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Is the Bass Concert Hall its own building or is it the Performing Arts Center?

Edit: Also I would like to go to Jujment Day as well.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Think they're separate, Nick.

To everyone going to HOBO:

We will be leaving Sync's EARLY Sunday morning. I'm talking 6 AM at the latest. I have a film shoot I gotta be at by 10.

theeboredone

Smash Legend

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh ****...I hope no one reads that top secret encrypted text concerning foreign affairs. By foreign, I mean San Antonio and Austin.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What sucks is that Nike's "trip into fsmash" collection is completely gone.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I wish Chad would actually come to smashfests. I miss Falcon dittos.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Zigsta said Austin needs more posts, so you get Nala's sexy *** in here for a while.

Also, good **** for finding that picture of Paw's house. XD

Austin kicks ***.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Umm... If you guys can't swing that U.T. idea, I might have found a usable venue for tournaments.
Not sure, though (as I haven't spoken to the owner). Let me know if you want me to check it out (by that, I mean let me know if U.T. won't let us host there. $5 venue sounds wayyyyy too good to pass up).

EDIT: Eheh... "Furricane"

Top Bottom