• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
Anyone know who we can bug for info on Lucario in this game?

Or anyone who can test stuff for us? I have a lot of unanswered questions that will be nice to have answered now to help develop Luc's early meta.
is that an Umbreon fursona in your avatar? I like it.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Anyone know who we can bug for info on Lucario in this game?

Or anyone who can test stuff for us? I have a lot of unanswered questions that will be nice to have answered now to help develop Luc's early meta.
My friends will be getting Sm4sh next Thursday so I'll be able to test some things hopefully, no promises though. A few weeks ago I did humbly ask Reikou to test a few things about the general Brawl Lucario tactics such as SH>Fair>Nair & such. Things like OoS>Nair is still legit along with SH>Fair>Dair with the little landing lag Dair has.

I was mainly interested about DT & if it still had the RDT option. I tried asking advanced testings like RAR>B-reversed AS in case WaveBouncing wasn't confirmed but it was a no-go.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What about the true princess of smash...

I wasn't aware that Jigglypuff was a she. Or that Jigglypuff was royalty. The more you know, I guess. :v

Not that it matters to me. I've never liked Jiggs anyways. A small part of me wished she was replaced by some newer Pokemon, but that's the way it goes, I guess. I got Lucario, so yeah.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I wasn't aware that Jigglypuff was a she. Or that Jigglypuff was royalty. The more you know, I guess. :v

Not that it matters to me. I've never liked Jiggs anyways. A small part of me wished she was replaced by some newer Pokemon, but that's the way it goes, I guess. I got Lucario, so yeah.
I used to hate jiggs as a character as a kid, but watching the pros use jiggs is so fun to watch. Long live the jiggs.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
is that an Umbreon fursona in your avatar? I like it.
Yup, I drew it.
My friends will be getting Sm4sh next Thursday so I'll be able to test some things hopefully, no promises though. A few weeks ago I did humbly ask Reikou to test a few things about the general Brawl Lucario tactics such as SH>Fair>Nair & such. Things like OoS>Nair is still legit along with SH>Fair>Dair with the little landing lag Dair has.

I was mainly interested about DT & if it still had the RDT option. I tried asking advanced testings like RAR>B-reversed AS in case WaveBouncing wasn't confirmed but it was a no-go.
Sweet, if its not too much to ask... Would you mind testing out what % our Aura caps percentagewise (and if you're feeling generous if there's a percentage where aura increases change)? And what percent it takes for a projectile to outprioritize another one? Please :3

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
Yup, I drew it.
Sweet, if its not too much to ask... Would you mind testing out what % our Aura caps percentagewise (and if you're feeling generous if there's a percentage where aura increases change)? And what percent it takes for a projectile to outprioritize another one? Please :3
Cool. Umbreon is my favorite Eeveelution. Well, after Flareon, because Flareon looks soft.
I hear that Lucario caps in the 120%'s now, and that his aura scales faster rather than just being more powerful in general, but that may have been at the E3 build.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Yup, I drew it.
Yeah I can try attempting this. Do these %'s look convincing to test out individually?
0 / 30 / 70 / 100 / 120 / 150 / 180

I thought I recalled seeing a post RT typed in the Lucario Overall Changes mentioning that his AS caps at 180% or a % relatively close to that. I also thought i recalled Lucario's Aura general Aura cap maxing out around 120% too but I'm not entirely sure on that.

I can't guarantee what I'm typing is 100% correct so don't quote me on it.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Iirc... Someone said that it caps at 120, but then someone else said it doesn't in the same thread. So, I think it'd be best to test it ourselves.

If priority is similar to the way it was in Brawl... A lot of interesting options open up at higher percents when we outprioritize more stuffs.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'd love for the cap to be 120%. Lucario is considered mid-heavy-ish & he still retained some floaty aspect in his gravity / falling speed, so his survival rate seems fairly better, but hypothetically Lucario's cap being lowered to that value as a maximum would be very convenient rather than 167% - 170%.:shades:

We'll see.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
:4lucario: is not a psychic type :066:
Pssssssshhhhhh.
Pssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh.
In the movie he certainly looked like he had psychic powers. Like, in the traditional sense, not the Pokemon "Imma bend this spoon nao" sense.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
If that happened, he wouldn't be able to fly halfway across the whole stage when hovering over a bottomless pit.
Characters can be floaty and heavy. Fall speed doesn't have much to do with weight, look at Fox and his semi-clone for reference.

EDIT: Crud, sorry about the double-post.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Not sure if this was posted, but I thought this was a great match.

http://youtu.be/QHUcv14bShA?t=9m22s
Needs more Force Palm on enemy projectiles/the can to haggle it away. We can also use Double Team to get out of spam traps if needed as well...

Since Force Palm comes out fairly quick... We might even be able to harass shields at midrange too instead of rolling or running at an enemy with a full shield... Wear the enemy shield down and approaching becomes super easy.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Playing Lucario was literally how I learned to roll often in Brawl.
It's a bad habit you should learn to drop. It was amazing in Brawl because how defensive the game was, but Smash 4 might be a different story...

Last edited:

monkokaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
monkokaio
3DS FC
4468-1090-0122
It's exciting to think about how Lucario players will use that ridiculous Extremespeed. It seems like there's some decent cool down afterwards if you don't land right so using it safely without snapping to the ledge might be a challenge.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sorry if that already been said (and it surly was) but DAMN when Lucario is in high % he's a GOD ! I'm really serious, you are easily able to kill the world when you are over 100%.
What did you expect? His power level IS over 9000 after all

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Anyone know what the range of our USmash is? It looks like it may have a longer vertical animation at least.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I'm assuming something happened here that you're asking me about?

Thread modified by merging threads (324184)
#HBC | Red Ryu, Today at 5:44 AM

Gune

Smash Lord
The wait is almost over and i'm getting that weird feeling that's making my stomach churn when ever I think about smash, hype is freaking annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom