• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Anyone have any idea what bnbs are known for us? Or our character weight? I wanna kinda help push our meta since other characters are already ahead of us.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Anyone have any idea what bnbs are known for us? Or our character weight? I wanna kinda help push our meta since other characters are already ahead of us.
  • Force Palm's non-grabbing portion appears to be faster and has a much larger blast. It also appears to produce much stronger knockback.
  • Aura Sphere can achieve larger sizes, with its max size now being even larger than Lucario himself. Aura Sphere's graphics have also been altered, and smoke appears behind Lucario as the projectile is fired.
  • Down aerial's ending lag has almost been reduced entirely.
  • Up tilt is much faster, and has gained more KO power.
  • Lucario's grab is slightly faster.
  • Up taunt now has more aura visuals.
  • When Lucario's aura is at higher levels, a visible aura covers its whole body, instead of just its hands.
  • Double Team, when successful, causes Lucario's eyes to glow.
  • Lucario's Mega Evolution form, Mega Lucario, is Lucario's new Final Smash, where it has been stated that Lucario's aura attacks will be at maximum power regardless of damage while mega evolved.
  • The distance travelled by ExtremeSpeed is now dependent on aura, with its distance being able to travel beyond whole stages at max power, capable of launching the player out of the arena if they aren't careful; this is a significant buff that will improve Lucario's previously poor recovery and help increase its survivability at higher damages. It is unknown at this time, however, if this will mean the move will gain shorter distance at lower damages than it did in Brawl (which would make Lucario more vulnerable to gimps at low damages). ExtremeSpeed also now has visible aura streams shooting out of Lucario's hands as it uses the move, though it's unknown at this time if this will mean that ExtremeSpeed will now have Hitboxes. It additionally appears that ExtremeSpeed can be cancelled into an attack, or Lucario now produces a moderately powerful kick when contacting an opponent with it.
  • Lucario now crouches when performing its up smash.
  • Lucario's dash attack has a somewhat tweaked animation. It spins a bit to the side during the kick portion of the attack.
Like this?

Last edited:

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
If only I could team up with myself, I could do the Robin/Lucario team. They are my planned mains, and I hear they make a great team because of Robin's healing. Looks like I gotta find a fellow Lucario player.
I know, that's exactly what I was thinking! Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems like a lot of old Lucario players are interested in maining Robin. The two don't really seem to have a whole lot in common though.

And look at that: Arc Quilava and Arc Skypaw! XD
And this would be where I question my vocabulary...

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I know, that's exactly what I was thinking! Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems like a lot of old Lucario players are interested in maining Robin. The two don't really seem to have a whole lot in common though.

And look at that: Arc Quilava and Arc Skypaw! XD

Arc² lol, but I just happen to be a huge Fire Emblem fan and a huge Pokemon fan

Last edited:

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Arc² lol, but I just happen to be a huge Fire Emblem fan and a huge Pokemon fan
Me too! I mean, I haven't played really much Fire Emblem, but Awakening was definitely pretty cool. I'm still a little on the fence about trying any of the older ones though. They just don't seem like they would be nearly as fun. Definitely Pokemon fan.
Great >:D
Anti-Lucario much, or what?

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
List of character weights can be found here. We're yet again one step above Mario.
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-weight-rankings.367479/

So far from what i've seen, we can follow up after backthrow, dash-attack, u-tilt and our f-air. F-air can supposedly be connected to d-air, and we can still f-air to f-air, but at the expense of using a double jump

But yeah. So far our backthrow and u-tilt look like the strongest combo-tools so whenever we get the game, i'm gonna find ways to combo into and out of em. We possibly have some follow up potential out of downthrow and U-throw as well. Keep in mind, i'm only listing the combo starters btw. As far as guarantied bread and butters go, i'm not sure, but it looks fairly easy to string together moves still. It's just not as auto-pilot as f-air, n-airing across the whole stage.

BnB stands for "bread and butter." :p Basically a bread and butter combo is a combo that's very easy to lead into, that can reliably be pulled off during the midst of a match.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Me too! I mean, I haven't played really much Fire Emblem, but Awakening was definitely pretty cool. I'm still a little on the fence about trying any of the older ones though. They just don't seem like they would be nearly as fun. Definitely Pokemon fan.

I really like the older ones, but youre right Awakening was the best one (probably why there are 2 reps from that game alone) :4robinm::4lucina:

Last edited:

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625

wait isn't the fact that lucario doesn't get weaker if he's in the lead a good thing?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Its a buff and a nerf, Lucario wont be able to comeback like he usually does but he'll be able to keep the lead this time also killed off the Anubis strategy too.
I had a tendency to play somewhat defensively when using Lucario in SSBB. I imagine I'll use him in a similar way for Smash 4.
But there are those moments when I'm feeling bold and use him in a more aggressive manner, which could lead to some punishes against me, but I think that's all just part of using Lucario.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Waiiittt (weight) Lucario is 20th in weight (technically 18th based on Mii Fighters)? That kinda seems odd. Do we call him a heavy character now?

lol@Shulk being lighter than Jiggs with the extreme smash variant.

Lucario needs to lay off the pokepuffs.

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
wait isn't the fact that lucario doesn't get weaker if he's in the lead a good thing?
Sort of... it's more the other side of the double edged sword we're worried about. He also won't get stronger after being stocked, so if the opponent has a large lead, it makes it extra difficult to come back when Aura gets put at its weakest point. Which means weaker than most other characters. Along with that, this kills off certain strategies that Brawl players used with the old Aura system.
I really like the older ones, but youre right Awakening was the best one (probably why there are 2 reps from that game alone) :4robinm::4lucina:
I would probably try them if any came out on Virtual Console, but... "Japan Only", and I doubt they'll make the effort to translate them unless the success of Awakening spurs a remake.

Lucario's weight value is 99, the same as it was in Brawl iirc. If by bnb you meant base knockbacks that's gunna be pretty tough to get at this point with the lack of OSA2/PSA equivalents, but I'm pretty sure you can get a halfway decent estimate by hitting a max-weight metal Shulk with the move of your choice and noting the Max Launcher Speed value at the end of the match.

Though at this point we don't know if Smash 4's knockback formula is the same or similar to brawls. I''m gonna guess its pretty darn close, rage effect notwithstanding, and even then you can pretty safely assume its a multiplier set to x1 at 0% and roll with it from there

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Sort of... it's more the other side of the double edged sword we're worried about. He also won't get stronger after being stocked, so if the opponent has a large lead, it makes it extra difficult to come back when Aura gets put at its weakest point. Which means weaker than most other characters. Along with that, this kills off certain strategies that Brawl players used with the old Aura system.

I would probably try them if any came out on Virtual Console, but... "Japan Only", and I doubt they'll make the effort to translate them unless the success of Awakening spurs a remake.
There is a good amount of them that came out in the US since the GBA, but some of them are pretty hard to find, like Radiant Dawn on the wii for example goes for over $100 if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Force Palm confirmed for having more uses. Glad to see my suspicions were confirmed.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
bnb = Bread and butter aka normal combos. C'mon guys you're on a fighting game forum, you should know this :B

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I spend a lot of time on Smogon, so... sometimes it gets to the point where I may come off as aggressive or rude.
We need to battle you can choose format. Just message me on SB

Also thanks for clarifying what BnB stands for. I have been in the community since 2008 and had no idea that bread and butter even had an acronym.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
We need to battle you can choose format. Just message me on SB

Also thanks for clarifying what BnB stands for. I have been in the community since 2008 and had no idea that bread and butter even had an acronym.
Battle Spot Triples is my best format. It is a really hard format to just pick up and play... However, I can play just about any format, so you can choose.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_fighting_games Also, here's a list of fighting game terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom