• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wait, he's not being voiced by Bill Rodgers?
Not this time. Sean Schemmel is going to reprise the role from the Pokemon Movie that starred Lucario. (I have no idea what it's called. Sorry.)

Let the Goku jokes commence!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Not this time. Sean Schemmel is going to reprise the role from the Pokemon Movie that starred Lucario. (I have no idea what it's called. Sorry.)

Let the Goku jokes commence!
"Lucario & the Mystery of Mew".

I didn't really like his Brawl voice, so I'm glad they got Sean on board... I hope they don't give his voice that creepy echo it has in the movie, though.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I know Lucario's aura mechanic is unpopular competitively for "rewarding you for playing badly", but I'm really psyched for the buff.
Lol.
Don't worry. It ain't looked down upon in the competitive scene. I guaranty anyone that's been claiming that doesn't have any grasp on how the character works at all. Let alone are even able to play at a competitive level.

I'm really ****ing excited to hear Sean Schemmel as the voice of Lucario again though. I remember liking him a lot in the movie. To be honest Brawl Lucario was a bit too grunty for my taste.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Lol.
Don't worry. It ain't looked down upon in the competitive scene. I guaranty anyone that's been claiming that doesn't have any grasp on how the character works at all. Let alone are even able to play at a competitive level.
The context was a discussion on Project M Lucario and how I didn't like the changes he got there. So I don't really know what to make of that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Actually, it was Bill Rogers (his voice in the main anime), Sean Schemmel wasn't able to reprise the role for Brawl.
Actually, it was Bill Rogers (his voice in the main anime), Sean Schemmel wasn't able to reprise the role for Brawl.
Brawl was Sean last I check I know the anime uses new Brock to voice him but with confirmation Sean is doing smash 4 I am near 100% sure he did brawl.

Edit: never mind you are entirely right. By bad.

Last edited:

Iaeyan Elyuex

Smash Rookie
Lucario is my favorite Pokémon. He has such a colorful moveset in the games. He's also a fierce fighter. In fact, Brawl is the reason why Lucario is my favorite. I'm fairly good playing as him, and I wasn't as good with Mewtwo. But Mewtwo is also one of my favorites. I'd like to see Mewtwo in this game, either as a standard character or even as DLC. And there should be DLC.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Watch the power of Aura!
And this!. .is!. .to go!. . even further. . BEYONNND!
And this!. .is!. .the power of. .AURAAA!

Still psyched to hear Goku Sean Schemmel to voice Lucario, thinking back what I posted a while ago I still want some talking during taunts, along with grunts / war cries. MMM

@ Iaeyan Elyuex Iaeyan Elyuex welcome to SmashBoards:4lucario::shades:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I noticed something while watching the palutena trailer today. Im not sure if this has been discussed but lucarios taunts have been significantly upgraded visually. My brother and I wondered if maybe taunting increases your aura? Just speculation, but Lucina also has a taunt feature. What do you think?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Hey guys, I noticed something while watching the palutena trailer today. Im not sure if this has been discussed but lucarios taunts have been significantly upgraded visually. My brother and I wondered if maybe taunting increases your aura? Just speculation, but Lucina also has a taunt feature. What do you think?
It's definitely a thing in Project M. Lucario's Up Taunt charges your aura count by 5, but idk what the maximum is. However with moves closely similar to the moves you see characters used in Project M seemed to of crossed over in SSB4, so Sakurai does take notice to Project M & knows about it.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai implemented Aura charge for his taunts. Brawl's Up Taunt just showed his aura but was an indicator of how high his AB% was. I'll have to get home & check that out & re-speculate that.

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
Lucina has a taunt feature? What does it do?
I also think that Lucario's taunt could have something to do with Mega Evolution, like when a bar is full you use it to mega evolve kinda like little mac's thing. This could be true because the ONLY time we have ever seen Lucario's in match picture (next to his%) it was ripped out of Brawl so you could argue it hasn't been "fully" implemented in the game.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Lucina has a taunt feature? What does it do?
I also think that Lucario's taunt could have something to do with Mega Evolution, like when a bar is full you use it to mega evolve kinda like little mac's thing. This could be true because the ONLY time we have ever seen Lucario's in match picture (next to his%) it was ripped out of Brawl so you could argue it hasn't been "fully" implemented in the game.
Lucina puts on her mask or takes it off.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Since Lucario got in and had a big role in the Mega Evolution thing, I'd like to see a Korrina trophy, we haven't got a Gym Leader trophy since Misty in Melee and I think its pretty cool having a Gym Leader trophy.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well he's still ten.

Despite him having a short before the 3 movies talking about 1 year after he and Pikachu first met...or him traveling to 7 different regions and competing in them all....and over 700 episodes which none of them could possibly overlap on days so it has to at least be a year....

Yeah i don't get it either, guess we don't question it.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario

This is saying Lucario's Neutral B is Force Palm. I don't understand why they'd swap them around or am I missing something @ ~ @. They show the image of aura sphere on the right but it's not the move they're referring to, they're only using it as a explanation of how moves get stronger with aura. Help!

Last edited:

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703

This is saying Lucario's Neutral B is Force Palm. I don't understand why they'd swap them around or am I missing something @ ~ @. They show the image of aura sphere on the left but it's not the move they're referring to, they're only using it as a explanation of how moves get stronger with aura. Help!
Well ok, think if your then from " top to bottom" first and then "left to right" because then the neutral special attack is described by the aura sphere.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Nah if you look they're really saying force palm is neutral B or else it would have the ---> symbol
it has the neutral b then right under it, it says "force palm"

has to be a typo imo

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's a misplacement.

His normal B is more likely still Aura Sphere, that or nintendo decided to put him against the norm that Shiek/Samus/Greninja/Mewtwo set.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Rest in pieces, Mewtwo. You will be missed again.

Moving on, any good videos out there that go in depth with Lucario?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Rest in pieces, Mewtwo. You will be missed again.

Moving on, any good videos out there that go in depth with Lucario?
Not yet, but RT in a different Lucario thread discussed impressions about Lucario's move-set in there. I'd check it.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The thing I'm most excited about as far as Lucario is tearing any competition to shreds with that Mega Evolution. Considering how much he's been worked on, I'm not depressed about Mewtwo not returning at all.

Gune

Smash Lord
Smash 4 luc is gonna be super fun this time around he seems so much more able to combo this time around with his quick movements and even harder to KO with that aura buff being integrated through out his move set. Also it seems as though even mega lucario is going to be borderline op if he can get his hands on you, saw him do a forward smash as mega luc had crazy knock back and 40% damage in one charged strike still dont know if he has invincibillity yet. So yeah good changes for Luc really excited to see him in competitive play.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Im glad Lucario is looking great in the new game, though has anyone noticed any like down grades to any of his moves? For the most part i dont see anything, but i havent played him yet, just still watching people stream.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Im glad Lucario is looking great in the new game, though has anyone noticed any like down grades to any of his moves? For the most part i dont see anything, but i havent played him yet, just still watching people stream.
For the most part, the Aura hitboxes don't linger as much, especially for Fsmash. Aura itself seems to have a higher cap, but its effects are less dramatic. It also feels like the game is trying to push people towards using Force Palm more with its added range.

He definitely does not play like Brawl, so some adjustments will need to be made playstyle-wise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom