• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
AW YEAH! **** you, people who think he'll be replaced by Mewtwo!

(I still expect Mewtwo to be there, but still.) TAKE THAT.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He...really doesn't look any different.

:U Like...he just looks like a smoother version of his Brawl model. It's kinda disappointing.
Well, he doesn't look hyper realistic, but rather, draws from the cartoony style with more touched up polish. It fits Lucario and Pokémon.

Honestly though, there's nothing creepier than realistic looking Pokémon.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so lucario has a buff to his aura system
i think that means he gets a boost sooner and more powerful.

Aww :] Although I had no real attachment to Lucario in Brawl, it's nice to see him back! I'm also glad they got the usual "character making a similar pose as Wii Fit Trainer" thing out of the way on Lucario's page, before it can be a dreadful pic of the day next week.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I dunno? Fur?

Lens flares? Ripples? Plastic wrap?
Its not the style that they are going for. Pikachu was generally cleaned up and made a bit more cartoony looking, rounder legs, arms, smaller nose bigger cheeks from brawl to now.

We aren't getting that weird scale covered charizard from pokemon stadium advertisements anytime soon.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
so lucario has a buff to his aura system
i think that means he gets a boost sooner and more powerful.
I'm hoping he functions more like it being a "meter" of sorts like Wario's down B (fart) or like Lucario is in Project M.

A more powerful default B blast as a result of having a giant aura would be a cool gig if you ask me.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I'm hoping he functions more like it being a "meter" of sorts like Wario's down B (fart) or like Lucario is in Project M.

A more powerful default B blast as a result of having a giant aura would be a cool gig if you ask me.
i dont think sakurai is going the pm version of the aura system. i like that version in pm for certain reasons, but the brawl version also has its strengths and weaknesses.

and yes that Aura sphere fully charged and boosted with mega aura!!! that thing could ko at 98% or less with bad DI

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Congrats to all Lucario fans and supporters.

I may not be a huge Lucario fan, but damn, he's looking amazing in the screenshots and hopefully the buff will do him good.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

This is the coolest Lucario picture (that's his Down B btw). I love the water color-esk effects.
i dont think sakurai is going the pm version of the aura system. i like that version in pm for certain reasons, but the brawl version also has its strengths and weaknesses.

and yes that Aura sphere fully charged and boosted with mega aura!!! that thing could ko at 98% or less with bad DI
Sakurai might not like it, but the Tekken and Soul Calibur team may. And again, I think "powering up" some moves, specifically the specials with more aura (which may be caused by doing hits; Wario's Wario Waft functions similarly) is still very possible.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
The only true casualty of this reveal is most likely Zoroark.

Zoroark, you dark horse. I remember theorizing he would replace Lucario around the dawn of Black and White. Looks like Game Freak's plans changed when they saw the fans weren't going to.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
This is the coolest Lucario picture (that's his Down B btw). I love the water color-esk effects..
I HOPE IT GETS A DAMN BUFF THAT ACTUALLY ****ING LETS IT HIT WITH OUT BEING BLOCKED.

BUT I'M TOO EXCITED TO THINK ABOUT BALANCE BY NOW HOLY **** YES IT LOOKS COOL AHHH.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
brb putting your tears in a cup for lucario to fsmash drink
;____;

i like, just don't know what Sakurai is thinking

Lucario is like, the most balanced character in Brawl. If you want to make Aura stronger, you HAVE to take power away from the rest of his kit.

I'm really hoping that Lucario is either a lighter character (Why is he so ****ing heavy anyway?), or nerf his forward smash.

Better yet, delete his forward smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The only true casualty of this reveal is most likely Zoroark.

Zoroark, you dark horse. I remember theorizing he would replace Lucario around the dawn of Black and White. Looks like Game Freak's plans changed when they saw the fans weren't going to.
Game Freak doesn't choose the characters for the game, Sakurai and company do, and they can turn Game Freak down.

Clearly Game Freak had to know that he'd ask for all the Brawl characters and Mewtwo back. Anything else to them is just extras.

Honestly, it's free promotions. They should feel honored that they are involved, not be making demands.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Glad one of my mains is back. **** blue and his zoroark fantasy.

I'm worried about what I saw in the pictures though....

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
His hips
His steel typing probably.
He weighs 54 kilos. Zelda and Peach would realistically be that weight or more.

Pls be lighter than Zelda and Peach, Lucario pls

Oh?
What do you mean? From the looks of it, every single pose lucario is doing is an exact port from brawl, except the aura effects.
he's tripping in the last two

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
He weighs 54 kilos. Zelda and Peach would realistically be that weight or more.

Pls be lighter than Zelda and Peach, Lucario pls

he's tripping in the last two
Sakurai logic doesn't make that much sense yea. Mewtwo was like. 100 something Kilos and for whatever damn reason he was light as a feather.
Ahh he's tripping in one yea. The other one might be his "getting hit at a low angle" pose. He does that when he's shot at a lower angle but still on stage.

Still though. I think Sakurai confirmed that random tripping wouldn't exist early, correct me if i'm wrong. If moves have a trip percentage, i'm okay with that, I guess. :T

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Glad one of my mains is back. **** blue and his zoroark fantasy.

I'm worried about what I saw in the pictures though....
I think it's from Dedede's down B (the hammer).

Honestly, it was pretty obvious to me tripping wasn't gone, although random tripping is likely gone.

In other words, only moves cause tripping, like Diddy's banana peels, instead of just it randomly happening. Myself and many others have theorized that for years, actually.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think it's from Dedede's down B (the hammer).

Honestly, it was pretty obvious to me tripping wasn't gone, although random tripping is likely gone.

In other words, only moves cause tripping, like Diddy's banana peels, instead of just it randomly happening. Myself and many others have theorized that for years, actually.
I don't like tripping at all, i'm going to be disappointed if it returns. Even if it's move induced, I find it annoying.

But it is what it is. >_>

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Honestly, it's free promotions. They should feel honored that they are involved, not be making demands.
I think you misunderstand. I was talking about Zoroark's prominence in the Pokemon franchise as a whole. I'm fairly certain Zoroark was conceived and marketed to be the next "hit" Pokemon, and a symbol of his generation. It didn't take off quite as well, and she just didn't stick quite like Lucario did.

Oh, and Sakurai kowtows to Game Freak when it comes to picking reps, not the other way around.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't like tripping at all, i'm going to be disappointed if it returns. Even if it's move induced, I find it annoying.

But it is what it is. >_>
Tripping as a result of a move is a reasonable mechanic.

It could potentially lead to chases that you can't tech out of (thus no tech chases). We could call it trip chases. They could be very deep and very read heavy. I don't see how, unless a character can kill multiple "outs" at once in such a thing, how that would be bad.

That's classic fighting game ready heavy gameplay.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Even if the motion lucario's doing in the DDD picture is the "Ahck I got hit at a lower angle" pose, tripping is still confirmed with this picture.

This is lucario's trip pose. Also moves that induce trip are perfectly fine. You atleast have to screw up and get hit too trip if that's the case. You're not being punished for nothing like random tripping. Just consider moves that induce trip combo moves, or moves that start tech chases. :T

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Even though I'm not a fan of it, tripping being under the control of a move would be much more preferable, at least then we have control of the situation and we're not at the mercy of the cruel goddess Anna. If that's the case though, I'm curious how it was staged as the banana peel doesn't seem to be apparent in the first picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom