• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Art Of Mouthing - An Uair Guide (18+)!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Another move that isn't necessarily affected by the U-air is ROB's D-air. If ROB times it right, I'm fairly sure that he won't go anywhere. If ROB has already been pushed, I don't think it stops him. However, if you try to lift him in the middle of the attack, he won't move. At least, I think that's how it works.

Debonu

Smash Cadet
hey something i found in a friendly match with my friends where we set it to random stage it turns out that Uair is super deadly on rumble falls because i kept Uairing whenever they where bubbles and it would just kill them if they jumped

Neb

Smash Lord
hey something i found in a friendly match with my friends where we set it to random stage it turns out that Uair is super deadly on rumble falls because i kept Uairing whenever they where bubbles and it would just kill them if they jumped
Oh, nice! I'll jot that down somewhere in the guide in a few, thanks.

really nice guide bro.
Thankyou, :).

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
it would be nice if we had a list of moves for each character GW can take advantage of the freefall animation with. Most MK's will use up+b if you approach them while they are comming back to the ledge, and its very easy to Uair them. also when they spam tornado all you have to do is airdoge and Uair.
All these snakes who casually use their up+b over the stage, ive Uaired one snake off for doing that.
fox and falco's side b, if they use it to land on the stage instead of going right to the edge, you can SH Uair them, just guess where they will land and start uairing them and you have a good chance of getting them in their freefall animation.

Neb

Smash Lord
it would be nice if we had a list of moves for each character GW can take advantage of the freefall animation with. Most MK's will use up+b if you approach them while they are comming back to the ledge, and its very easy to Uair them. also when they spam tornado all you have to do is airdoge and Uair.
All these snakes who casually use their up+b over the stage, ive Uaired one snake off for doing that.
fox and falco's side b, if they use it to land on the stage instead of going right to the edge, you can SH Uair them, just guess where they will land and start uairing them and you have a good chance of getting them in their freefall animation.
Maybe, but I'd think this would be common sense by now.
Not to bad of an idea though, I'll think about it.

Neb

Smash Lord
Double post on accident, ><.
Clicked back, went to go get something to eat, thought I didn't click Submit Reply, and wallah.
:{

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Another great guide in the GaW section.

Good work. I never thought about the shield breaking thing, although that seems very difficult to do without hitting them...

Also, G&W Uair is possibly the best in the game. I think you understated the move in the beginning of the guide.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I read your horizontal explanation, so I if I missed wht I'm about to say I am sorry.

If you are facing your opponent and up air he or she gets pushed away from you. If you up air and you are facing away from your opponent he or she gets pulled toward you

berylliscoolest

Smash Rookie
WOW AWESOME! its great to know the puff refreshes. I know I use the puff a lot, and when my buddy told me that moves degrade the more its used, I wondered why my dsmash and fair hasn't been effected by degrading. NOW I know why and its all thanks to you! keep up the good work!!!

PS. I killed Marth so many times by puffing him upwards and out from the top of the stage =3 (good times...)

Anauel

Smash Cadet
So I read the guide and there's no mention of Uair's awesome use in doubles so I thought I'd post about it (maybe it's obvious, if it is, pay no mind).

If you can predict the trajectory (sp?) of your partner when he's sent flying due to a smash or whatever have you and you're below him, then just uair and stop him from dying. Since Uair has some sort of gravity of its own, it stops all horizontal momentum. I've done this to save my partner at 180% from a full charged Snake fsmash. It works wonders.

Just be sure it's your partner, otherwise you'll be saving your enemies!

p.s. I don't think I have a good video of it, but I've done it a fair amount of times. Go try it if you don't believe me.

kaak

Smash Journeyman
So I read the guide and there's no mention of Uair's awesome use in doubles so I thought I'd post about it (maybe it's obvious, if it is, pay no mind).

If you can predict the trajectory (sp?) of your partner when he's sent flying due to a smash or whatever have you and you're below him, then just uair and stop him from dying. Since Uair has some sort of gravity of its own, it stops all horizontal momentum. I've done this to save my partner at 180% from a full charged Snake fsmash. It works wonders.

Just be sure it's your partner, otherwise you'll be saving your enemies!

p.s. I don't think I have a good video of it, but I've done it a fair amount of times. Go try it if you don't believe me.
i think evryone know about it =) the wind hitbox of upB do the same

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Yeah, I would imagine all G&W mains who are up-to-date about their character knows of the Uair saving. I myself have a video showcasing it to get the word out as well!

Not many people who don't team with or use G&W know about it, however.

Neb

Smash Lord
Yeah, I would imagine all G&W mains who are up-to-date about their character knows of the Uair saving. I myself have a video showcasing it to get the word out as well!

Not many people who don't team with or use G&W know about it, however.
Esc, please refrain from posting in my thread with your rebellious blasphemies against G&W. </3

Fly2D

Smash Rookie
Awesome guide :)
New to smash boards (not new to the actual game though) but its definately good to have things like this, helps to vary your game and let you know your options etc... so thanks :)

DC5

Smash Rookie
amazing how the moves ppl disregard the most end up being the sexiest moves. nice guide

Top Bottom