• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The Art Of Link*** Advanced Link Video Guide Made By Izaw

Lupito

Smash Rookie
Really it is. I only have one thing to ask. The DAC, you know when you dash and then Link swings the sword like crazy in the air and all. It's on the time on the vid on youtube. 2:50 - 3:25.

chris the brawler

Smash Ace
well, this thing is still here for the newcomers to watch :)

i was thinking about making a bunch of short guide vids since this is starting to be outdated....

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
yeah, you could put new AT's if there has been anymore since then discovered D:

i dont know if there has been, due to the fact i sort of havent been around here for a while.
still would be nice though (no discredit to Izaw, i respect him)

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
I actually use that instant shot very frequently. They don't even see it until it's already flying at their face.

Lupito: the DAC is pretty tough to consistently pull off, and the controller you use can make a difference. Cordless controllers are just slightly harder to use, although if you're not playing competitively, it's probably not gonna matter. As you dash, hit vC, then a split second later, hit ^ and Z at the same time. If you do all three buttons at the same time, you just use your grapple, and you're stuck standing there looking dumb, and if you take too long to hit ^+Z, it doesn't cancel the dash attack at all. But the earlier you do it, the faster you slide. It's extremely useful, but really dangerous to attempt if you can't pull it off reliably.

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
indeed, at home yesterday i changed my button controls once again to further aid me in getting the hang of implementing Zair into my gameplay, but making X grab, and my thumb just slides across the two buttons

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Most of the time I use block+A to grab. Sometimes I accidentally use Z after getting hit so I dodge instead of grappling, so I just started using block+A more frequently. I still make that mistake every so often, being unable to recover after.

I also just recently started practicing a no tap jump control style, because seriously, tap jumping is default? Are you serious? >_< I'm gonna try to be less lazy and actually set no tap from here on out. I'm actually gonna try to use tilts if I need to instead of really lightly tilting up and hoping it u-tilts.

ShadowCosmos

Smash Cadet
On the DAC, you should press ^z at right about the time when link start swinging his sword down for his dash attack animation. You should feel a little lag between pressing vC and ^z

Also I don't think Bombsliding is in the art of link video? Or bomb-planting (useful on guys that don't automatically grab the ledge with their ^B) I'll edit my post if I'm wrong.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You saw it before you joined SWF? Same here, I thought it was actually pretty cool.
I'm glad I use him now.

04r

Hyper Edition
NNID
AceinBlack
I use a lot of these techs already. But it never hurts to learn more :).

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Man, that was pretty good. After it I watched Linkageddon and thought that it showed how to use those techniques incredibly well. Great guide Izaw!

Edit: I use Wiimote-nunchuk control scheme, and the GC would be so much better, but is the Classic Controller able to do those things as well as the GC?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
aww, and here I was thinking I would be treated to voluptuous imagery of the savior of hyrule... D:

but naw, good video man :)

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
wow men just an amazing video
the best thing i've seen, both "The Art of Link" and "Linkaggedon" are just great
and i cant wait to see the next video: "Enter the Triforce".
nice job men keep going like that! :)

Auld00

Smash Rookie
Loved that video, you get 5 stars for that one.. Linkageddon was good too. I main Lucario/Link, bouncing back and forth, so this video really helped me out.

GALE 14

Smash Journeyman
im very impressed
i really wanna fight you
im pretty good so maybe we brawl sometime

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'm so lucky when I found this vid on YouTube back when I started out. It's taught me so much. Back then I was hoping they had this type of thing for every character but sadly no. And I still haven't seen a guide on YouTube that is as good as this for any other character.

LuigiMasta432

Smash Rookie
I watched all the LInk COmbo vids you had and they are AWESOME!I think your the best at Link in the SSBB coumunity so far :D

They Call Me Spike

Smash Rookie
nice video man helped me out alot

bit i got to ask i got down most of the moves but one its that dash attck cancel thats really hard to get i cant only do it a few times randomly i went thought some other videos but still cant get it with the c down up and z i can charge it up but when i try to dash wont move -_- i am really close to get it any tips you guys can give will be very helpful thanks

JUDGE

Smash Lord
^........hmmm...i remember when i tried to learn the dac
oh yeah this was fun^^ i just couldn't pull it off^^ then, i did it once......idid it twice.....and than i mastered it^^
really it isn#t hard to do, can't remember why i had such a hard time qwith it lol
just di it often and you will master it
hang in there bro^^

Top Bottom