• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The argument to end all arguments.. Biggest Noob character?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
We've burned through many of these thread before. Try to make this thread the "official" noob character thread. I'll jsut copy and paste my response from the "Easiest character to Master" thread.

1. Marth can use his LONG range, to get the STRONGEST attacks. His awesome air attacks and abusable FSmash can make for an easy KO. Roy, is slower, airs have little knockback. For every great roy theres 15 great marths.

But it require skill to space those attacks. 90 % of MArth's game is spacing. We're not talking frigging statistics here. Of course MArth has better max stats than Roy. MArth also requires more skill because spacing > blind rushing. Roy is a bigger noob character. End of story, hence all the noobs saying that Roy is better than Marth. >.>>>>>

2. Mario is balanced, for the most part, but theres not much range there. Doc has stronger moves, but his recovery is kiiinda shallow, and has less range in some of his attacks.

Mario and doc's recoverys are about the same. The only real difference is Doc's cape doesn't give him that extra bit of distance that he needs. Doc's recovery is a little worse than MArio's but his added power and weight helps make up for it. Noobs don't care about recovery, they only care for power. Doc has more. Bigger noob character. done.

3. Theres is more to Zelda's game. Down B FTW lozl. Zelda is light and slow. thats like, NOT cheap.
I never said that Zleda was cheap. I jsut said that there isn't much more to her metagame besides bair and fair, which is why in my opinion she's a boring character to watch and play.

4. G&W, of course theres more, but when 2 moves can be used ONE way, its not AS cheap as u may think

LOL, I never said Gaw was cheap. Gaw's one of my mains. I jsut said that Fair and Dtilt are about 80% of his meta game.

i think u fail
Answers are in bold.

And no sir, you are the one that failed. >_>[/QUOTE]

Get to work.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Bowser is the biggest noob character. Some noobs play him, and he's very big.

Anther

Smash Champion
I'd have to say the highest concentration of annoyingly cocky people that think they're good and criticize others that play the same character, even if the person they're criticizing is about 200x better than them.....

Sheik. (Most annoying azzhole followers)

ROYZ DUES HAV TEH PHYAH THOUGH!?!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Shiek because of heir tilts. And her imfamous "smak" attack (fair) kills practically any character at mid-high percentages very easily because its powerful and it's hard to recover by.

Smash Master
Peach is probably the biggest noob character. As long as you master C-Stick down, you'll be alright.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, Fox. You have no idea how many noobs I see playing as Fox with their up and side-B spamming. It's always funny how they suicide a lot and then blame it on their opponent.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I think it's Fox and Shiek..Just because noobs don't know CC, they can just spam Dash atk..

Marth? He is VERY easy to use at low levels of play, but if your against a skillfull opponent, your done..cause you can't Fsmash spam. xD

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I know alot of noobs will not believe me, but Marth is one of the hardest to master 100%....
Notice there are only like 3 great Marths(Azen, Ken, M2K), but notice how they pwn???

mario-man

Smash Lord
It's cuz everybody plays Fox. Everybody thinks Fox is tHe pwnzors. He is, but so are many other characters. That's why there's so few good Marths.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Noobs flock to Link because they think he's "the best character in the game because he's so well rounded lolz"

Also a lot of noobs use Ylink and spam Dair/Arrows

Roy as well spamming dash attack up-B xD

Falco for >B, ^B, and double jump dair spamming.

Fox ditto falco except w/o dair

Overall though, all the n00bs who think they're good. Link wins hands down.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
Almost EVERYBODY will agree that sheik is the easiest character to use.

A friend of mine whod doesn't even know about smashboards plays sheik like you're supposed to; this shows how easy it is to play with sheik; no tough technical ability required, not even any knowledge of advanced techniques really required.
However I will agree that it may be hard to master some matchups with sheik, but most noobs will flock to sheik because u can learn how to play her in like 15 minutes, and she beats up on A LOT of characters, even fox and falco if u play her right.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
sheik
great tit attacks
good recovery
fast
easy to master noobishly
barely any lag

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
sheik
great tit attacks
:laugh: As sexy as sheik is, her **** aren't that spectacular. >_> <_<

MArth.
Easy to use, even easier to master.
Spacing > Blind rushing. Why do you think that most marth mains started off as roy? Because once they used roy to get a rough understanding of the game, thye moved on to someone who was more technically demanding. Don't say Marth is easier to use simply because he's higher on the tier list....

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I know alot of noobs will not believe me, but Marth is one of the hardest to master 100%....
Notice there are only like 3 great Marths(Azen, Ken, M2K), but notice how they pwn???
Yes.

Lolz, Foward used Marth to counter pick Shiz on battle field. Foward got Pwnd by shine spikes. 1 minute of the reason I really hate fox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhtKLht6u8E

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I would like to take a second to remind everyone here, that there is no such thing as "mastering a character" That's just a ******** comment when you think about it. No one can "Master" a character. If you mean learn the basic technical aspects, then it's not hard to "master" any character, and i have most characters "mastered 100%" If that isn't what you are saying, then it can't be any harder to do, since once you have that down, it's just about strategy, mindgames, and tactics. Which if you had those mastered 100%, you'd be god at this game. Even M2K doesn't have marth "mastered" by that "definition". With a definition like that, you are basically saying "mastering the game 100%". Just keep that in mind.

Jumanji

Smash Cadet
True newbies, who play smash at a basic level and do not got to SWF or tournies love the Link. Really easy to see why; link's up-b ***** rolling and unsweetspotted recoveries. You add in that he has decent range on his attack, and an assortment of annoying projectiles... Basically Link owns noob level, until you stop rolling everywhere and learn to short hop aerials. Until then Link is a smash god, only rivalled by Sheiks DEVASTING Dash attack. As previously mentioned, anyone who thinks they are good at smash (and are not) play sheiks and uses the dash attack like it is the only move in the game.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Pfft, I don't care about spacing, I still say it's Marth.

Well, it's Shiek THEN Marth. Then Peach.

I mean, honestly, it'd be one thing if you had to be great at spacing to pwn with Marth, but you don't. You can be a mediocre spacer and still have great success, tipper or no tipper.

I mean, as it was said earlier... spacing > Blind rushing (I think you were implying that Roy's game employs more blind rushing?), but Marth can still do better than most other characters in a blind rush. Spacing is just icing on the cake.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Link.

why? because every single one who i know and have talked to who dont know of smashboards and advanced techs play him

of course many noobs play sheik, roy and marth too but not nearly as many as the noobs who play link.

End of topic

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
The noob favorites are like this:
1. Link - spam projectiles and Up-B to KO
2. Fox - spam Up-B to attack and Side-B to juggle
3. Roy - Spam F-smash, Forward-B, and Down-B
4. Marth - Spam F-smash
5. Sheik - Spam dash

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
I remember side b and up b spamming fox/falco.

Link's up b spamming.

Those are my 2 votes. There shouldn't be any votes for any character that can spam tilts because newbs don't use tilts.

Top Bottom