• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anti-Staraptor League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
Staraptor's stats are on par, it's just the emo slick that brings it down. That, and when it shows up and when it faints it makes that annoying high pitch screech. Being more emo than Staraptor itself is me, mostly cause I ditched it for Honchkrow in a heartbeat.

Blues7

Smash Cadet
I don't see the big deal in Staraptor's style. It really isn't emo in style. It's more of a punk wannabe than emo. But I still love it for the level up moveset.

If anything, Starapter reminds me so much of Iori Yagami from KoF, at least how I use Iori. I think the graphics designer may have been playing King of Fighters when he was planning out the DP bird's look.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Swellow is the best bird pokemon to get in the beginning. High speed and attack, and facade + guts + toxic/burn orb = pwnage!
And any bird with close combat is awesome. And the hairstyle that Staraptor has isnt emo like haircut. Its more punk rock. It kind of looks like Davey Havok's devil locks from AFI. (name of hairstyle) ANyways, Staraptor is awesome and is useful.

game & kirby

Smash Apprentice
I only use my drifblim to fly. Y'all clinging desperately to the backs of birds, I'm travelling in style.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
dude staraptor's hair has so much style
Style does NOT equal good. I'm sure many could say Linsy Lohan has style as well.

I think staraptor is a cool emo pokemon. I mean com'on emo pokemon. Freakin awesome.

EMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOO froever (monotone dialect)
Get the heck off my topic, you emo lover. There is no such thing as a "cool emo". That's like saying there are smart morons or good episodes of Smallville. It just doesn't work.
I don't see the big deal in Staraptor's style. It really isn't emo in style. It's more of a punk wannabe than emo. But I still love it for the level up moveset.
Punk=Emo
Emo=Punk with a "wanna-be though, but fails at it" attitude.
Meh, whatever floats your boat then.
Staraptor couldn't float a boat with a boat floater
And the hairstyle that Staraptor has isnt emo like haircut. Its more punk rock. It kind of looks like Davey Havok's devil locks from AFI. (name of hairstyle) ANyways, Staraptor is awesome and is useful.
Please explain to me how emos can be useful. You know, besides being fertilizer.
Staraptor forever.

Also, he aint emo. Its a alien antennae, given him to the gods for his greatness.

Ftw.
logic fail
Emos cant be great. Aliens dont give stuff to emos. Gods wouldn't give emos anything. Emos suck suck suck.

Chicka yeah.

Edit: Zook and Stranga are added to the list of cool people. Emo lovers, writhe in jealousy.

fluffy

Smash Champion
dude it's people like you who make staraptor turn depressed and emo. don't be hating just cuz staraptor has cool hair.

Tallgeese*

Smash Cadet
I will always be opposed to this so called "league", simply because Staraptor owns too much.
TALLGEESE SENT OUT STARAPTOR!!
STARAPTOR USED STAB CB RETURN!
ENEMY FAINTED!
6-0!
THIS YEAR'S WINNER IS...STARAPTOR

Blues7

Smash Cadet
Yoshi, do you even know the difference between emo and everything else? I mean, emo is often compared to goths, not punks. And there is a huge difference. An emo just sits there and complains, getting all drama queen over the stupidest thing. I don't recall that being anywhere near what punk is, except for maybe the punk wannabes that turn out to be emo. Punk is an offset of grunge where as emo started off from dark and depressing thoughts and statements which later leeks into other subcultures either due to misindication or an emos attempt to be different or get friends.

Not to defend or insult, just trying to say.

fluffy

Smash Champion
idk about you guys but emo is usually often referred to a depressed punk. emo people tend to like anime a lot. which is where their cool hair comes from. emo kids play oldschool nintendo. emo kids also love pokemon because pokemon is scene.

about the complaining, drama queen thing...its just a misconception. emo people take things a little more seriously and are very sympathetic. they don't cry when their parents get the wrong kind of poptarts.

i have many scene friends so i should know.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I love Staraptor.

And I have a red name.

So there :p.
I have a red shirt- red with Staraptor blood. So there.
Yoshi, do you even know the difference between emo and everything else? I mean, emo is often compared to goths, not punks. And there is a huge difference. An emo just sits there and complains, getting all drama queen over the stupidest thing. I don't recall that being anywhere near what punk is, except for maybe the punk wannabes that turn out to be emo. Punk is an offset of grunge where as emo started off from dark and depressing thoughts and statements which later leeks into other subcultures either due to misindication or an emos attempt to be different or get friends.

Not to defend or insult, just trying to say.
Yes, I do know the difference between the two of them. Punk is everything emo is, (whining all the time, general sucking, emotional wuss bags, and relationship challeneged) except they are more energetic.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Dudes, saying Staraptor isn't emo is like saying Meaties was lame. The opposite is so obvious that people must lie to make themselves feel better.

And it's not just Staraptor's hair, either. Look at that emo bird's emo expression. If that emo face isn't emo, emo doesn't exist.

fluffy

Smash Champion
from wikipedia:
Staraptor (ムクホーク, Mukuhōku?, Mukuhawk in original Japanese language versions) is the final evolution of the Starly evolutionary line. It has a savage nature, where it constantly challenges larger Pokémon to battle. Its strong leg and wing muscles allow it to fly easily while gripping small Pokémon.

that's just hardcore

Blues7

Smash Cadet
I give. I ain't changing anyone's mind and your not changing anyone's mind. I'll believe what I think is emo and you'll believe what you think is emo. We agree to disagree and let this thread die.

fluffy

Smash Champion
if staraptor is emo then:
bibarel is a redneck
jynx is a black drama queen that has causes so much controversy because of her skin color
gliscor is count dracula
gallade is gumby
probopass is an arab terrorist who uses explosion
spinda is a stoner

you prejudice people! lol

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
from wikipedia:
Staraptor (ムクホーク, Mukuhōku?, Mukuhawk in original Japanese language versions) is the final evolution of the Starly evolutionary line. It has a savage nature, where it constantly challenges larger Pokémon to battle. Its strong leg and wing muscles allow it to fly easily while gripping small Pokémon.

that's just hardcore
Fan made rubbish, undoubtedly. Emos would only challenge those stronger than them because they enjoy getting hit.
I give. I ain't changing anyone's mind and your not changing anyone's mind. I'll believe what I think is emo and you'll believe what you think is emo. We agree to disagree and let this thread die.
No. I win, you and all your emo friends lose. Wahar!
if staraptor is emo then:
bibarel is a redneck
jynx is a black drama queen that has causes so much controversy because of her skin color
gliscor is count dracula
gallade is gumby
probopass is an arab terrorist who uses explosion
spinda is a stoner

you prejudice people! lol
I am excepting of all races and most cultures. The emo culture is one I disagree with.

and red necks'
not to bump it up more, but this topic really needs to die.
Where is CommonYoshi, anyways?
Just like an emo to cringe in the face of contraversy and demand it go away, in this case by closing the thread.

D

Deleted member

I'd have to say strapator is very emo but he is the best bird we've had since Pidgeot. Swellow was a joke, Noctowls stats weren't up to par with is a shame becasue he's an owl and owls are kick ***.
my swellow would **** your ****

game & kirby

Smash Apprentice
lol fluffy, bibarel is definitely a redneck.
gardevoir is a babe.
and gengar hangs around kindergartens and offers the kids 'candy'

fluffy

Smash Champion
lol be careful with gardevoir. it could be a male. and gengars just a creepy n**** haha

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Staraptor's name sucks. It used to be Mukuhawk before those stupid English crap names came along and ruined it. And admit it, Emohawk does at least SOUND a lot better than Emoraptor. I'm with you, common

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Poor Staraptor...its not his fault he was drawn "emo" >_>

I think he has good stats and moves and whatnot, but...Flying and Normal...I guess that's why he's so emo after all...

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
CLOSE THIS THREAD... please? Staraptor pwns u all ! Facade + Close Combat + Whirlwind + U-Turn!!
First of all, if you're going to use Staraptor, use it properly.

Staraptor @ Life Orb
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Double-Edge / Return
Brave Bird
Close Combat
U-Turn

Second, Swellow is the Facading bird, not Staraptor.

Third, why judge a Pokemon's usefulness by the way it looks?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Instead of demanding it get closed all the time, why dont you all man up, accept that you're wrong, and stop posting?

Hmmm?

Because whining it and demanding something you dont like to go away just because it's owning you is quite emo-ish. :urg::urg::urg::urg::urg:

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Instead of demanding it get closed all the time, why dont you all man up, accept that you're wrong, and stop posting?

Hmmm?

Because whining it and demanding something you dont like to go away just because it's owning you is quite emo-ish. :urg::urg::urg::urg::urg:
You're right. Wii're posting on here and raising the view rate just to whine. Wii all phail at the interwebz.

BTW, I wasn't suggesting this get closed. *points at Celebi*

IT WAS CELEBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
lol fluffy, bibarel is definitely a redneck.
gardevoir is a babe.
and gengar hangs around kindergartens and offers the kids 'candy'
Yes, Bibarel is a redneck. ROFL.
Gardevoir is EITHER a babe or a gay guy in a dress.
Gengar wouldn't do that, Drifloon would.
And Staraptor is, as of April 22, 2007, EMO!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
staraptor is emo

i mean, if you use brave bird at little health, he does kill himself

so doesn't that make him emo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom