• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
First page is updated!

lol a smashboards photoshoot, can wait for this.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
maybe I'll go friday to buy lots anime stuff and then saturday to play in the tourney. Then again...I could just get there early buy lots of stuff and then do the tourney. Decisions decisions

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Seriously, the tournament is not worth it. >_> Your time is better spent hogging the TVs while everyone else is in line, at the least. DUN FALL FO DA TWAP

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Yeah anime con tournies are filled with ppl who act like they know what they're doing or they're better cause they don't wavedash (lol pre-brawl), prlly applies to brawl too in some way.

But owning up TV's is fun too.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah anime con tournies are filled with ppl who act like they know what they're doing or they're better cause they don't wavedash (lol pre-brawl), prlly applies to brawl too in some way.

But owning up TV's is fun too.
Yeah you're going to run into a lot of scrubs who've never played anyone outside of their circle of friends, and who will think they are god at the game because they dominate their friends.

That's what the vast majority of the player demographic @ Toracon was (located in Rochester, NY), however Toracon is MUCH MUCH smaller than Otakon is, so obviously the amount of knowledgable smashers it attracts is far less than Otakon. I think I found one guy at Toracon who actually said he had respect for Melee. It was really quite sad. Needless to say my friend and I swept the 2x2 tourney (only tourney they had) and walked away with fun $50 gift cards to Gamestop. Considering there was no entry fee I was quite pleased lol. Not that the win counted for much anyway, considering all I did was beat a handful of scrubs. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to brag or anything because seriously, these weren't people who you'd brag about beating lol. XP

But yeah, we should definitely meet in front of the game room like around mid-day on Friday or something. That way everyone has a chance to get to the con, get settled, get their bearing, etc. People might get tied up in the morning if we do it too early ya know?

D

Deleted member

yea the best part is tearing up ppl who talk mad **** and make an excuse every time you hit them hahaha!

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I fail to see how I fit crismas's description by any stretch of reality. =/

Thanks for being an ******* though. I appreciate it.
Lol there's a "Frozen" in Maryland (typed the way Offthechain did it, not frozenflame). Why would Chain be calling you out so randomly? XD

D

Deleted member

i went to oc to prep for chus lol so you know what that means...

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
1 Motha ****ing Week Beofre the Best Weekend Ever.

Disclaimer :

I'll most likely be in the gameroom drunk of my *** playing smash. If I pass out, just put a gamecube controller in my hand and let me be. Being Drunk improves my smash skills. Hopefully I can bring enough to share with everyone, especially kids under 21.

0kin

Smash Journeyman

Disclaimer :

I'll most likely be in the gameroom drunk of my *** playing smash. If I pass out, just put a gamecube controller in my hand and let me be. Being Drunk improves my smash skills. Hopefully I can bring enough to share with everyone, especially kids under 21.
:3 !!
10chars

Ghostype

Smash Champion
If anyone wants alcohol and they're not legal, I'll buy it for you. If you give me moneyz for it. ;D

Yo - word.

~rh

Smash Lord

Disclaimer :

!! =]

You are the best

Cless

Smash Champion
Now that I actually read the first post lol, if you're gonna take pictures, I'm not gonna be available till around 2ish on Fri. I have to work until 9am on Fri and I have to pick someone up once I get to Baltimore.

I don't care when and where Smashfests are held just as long as they exist somewhere because Otakon smash tournaments are super fail.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Dude how about we sneak into one of the projector rooms before they start showing their lineup of anime, and we hook up smash and play it in there. If anyone walks in and says something, we'll tell them it was on the program for the day.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
OSHI~ BTree, I'm gonna be in a hotel, so I won't be part of your shenanigans (with the drinks), sorry :/. Maybe some other time :D. And nah, doing that could get us kicked out I believe. And it definitely wouldn't work.
-Rei

Top Bottom