• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The alluring succubus Morrigan Aensland enters the fray

scarlet solsitce

Smash Apprentice
Morrigan gets my undying support. Darkstalkers have become one of my favorite series and with Capcom's rep being such a toss-up at the moment, there's a little voice inside me nudging me and telling me that it's possible by some miracle. Not that I'm seriously holding my breath but... yeah. Morrigan is one of my most wanted characters and any support I can toss her way I will.

Since it wasn't mentioned here before I did want to mention, this screencap looked a bit familiar to me...
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1220541858310307841

View attachment 259548View attachment 259549

(Of course, Sakurai referencing a game doesn't mean much in regards to that character's inclusion, I just thought it was neat if I interpreted it correctly)
don't do that don't give me hope

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
At least Sakurai knows the game does exist. But don't get me wrong; nothing speculative came out of thoss pics of the day.
Remember remember the pic of November, rathalos, party and sun.

(I don't remember I that pic happened in November but whateversss)

I have to admit that if Morrigan Is not on the season pass, a darkstalkers spirits event would still be neato....

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Throw me on the support list, I feel like Morrigan is a sleeper pick that could surprise everyone while we're all looking in the direction of Dante and Phoenix Wright for a new Capcom character. There's a reason she's shown up for EVERY Capcom crossover after all

MattX20

Smash Hero
Morrigan's clothing isn't nearly as revealing as Mai is, so I could see her getting in if Nintendo and Sakurai wanted to throw a curveball. That, and Darkstalkers needs a comeback

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ah, what the heck throw in my support as well. Given my interest in Darkstalkers due to its setting and lore I'm down for her.

Also, those saying Morrigan couldn't be in Smash due to CERO. They really only have an issue with panties for the most part and she doesn't show as much skin (Even then it's just her upper body) as Mai nor does her body move like hers. All they would have to do is cover her cleavage and maybe reduce her breast size and she should be fine.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ah, what the heck throw in my support as well. Given my interest in Darkstalkers due to its setting and lore I'm down for her.

Also, those saying Morrigan couldn't be in Smash due to CERO. They really only have an issue with panties for the most part and she doesn't show as much skin (Even then it's just her upper body) as Mai nor does her body move like hers. All they would have to do is cover her cleavage and maybe reduce her breast size and she should be fine.
I think the breast size would be left as is, seeing as most girls in Smash tend to have sizable ones.

Not to mention, she does have the excuse of bats turning into her clothing, so covering up is easy.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Well with all this hype for Chun-Li I thought that maybe Morrigan can still make it, I mean I support the both ladies but maybe a third SF character is too much and it is already well represented in smash. Maybe they give the opportunity to Morrigan she fits with character as Sephiroth, Bayonetta and even Alucard

scarlet solsitce

Smash Apprentice
alla
Well with all this hype for Chun-Li I thought that maybe Morrigan can still make it, I mean I support both ladies but maybe a third SF character is too much and it is already well represented in smash. Maybe they give the opportunity to Morrigan she fits with character as Sephiroth, Bayonetta, and even Alucard
all right I'll bite what leak everyone is jumping at now

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Chun li is still a pretty hype choice.. but sadly while they represent 2 different things i feel that one kinda buries the other...

Still, morrigan and a new darkstalkers pseudo revival would be super hype and exciting.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
The only real problem Morrigan faces is that Capcom has other series. Even Street Fighter could easily get a second unique fighter before Darkstalkers is given the time of day, and even this supposed "list" ignores her in favor of other Capcom choices:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/dec/23/rumor-sakurai-choices-leak-ssbu/
This is the real only roadblock for morrigan's chances everything else is workable. We really could use a capcom exclusive season pass and still that wouldn't be enough :(

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace

MattX20

Smash Hero
Considering the last character in the second pass will be more niche, Morrigan could get in that way. That, and as others pointed out, she could get in slightly modified if the Darkstalkers cartoon is anything to go by

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I think morrigan could work censored. Her design is easily censorable and her moves don’t really rely on her being sexual. She wouldn’t be my ideal candidate for a Darkstalkers character but she could work, I support.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think morrigan could work censored. Her design is easily censorable and her moves don’t really rely on her being sexual. She wouldn’t be my ideal candidate for a Darkstalkers character but she could work, I support.
At this point, I'm considering her only slightly more likely than Chun Li due to her history of crossover appearances. That, and apart from Phoenix Wright and Amaterasu, I'm struggling to think of characters that would best fit the niche description that Nintendo would go for. Dante's not really a niche character

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Is Morrigan considered the mascot of her series?

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Man I will so lost my mind if Morriagn was the last fighter. I'm big passionate Darkstalkers Fan from the Dreamcast Era its my All Time Fighting Game after Smash Ultimate has Peach Daisy and Rosalina together playable. Darstalkers is My Second top 5 Fighting Game. And my girl Morrigan is the Capcom Queen of Crossovers. She could be in Smash we have a Shanatae Mii Costume and she wont have the Mai problem.

Oddball

Smash Lord
At this point, I'm considering her only slightly more likely than Chun Li due to her history of crossover appearances. That, and apart from Phoenix Wright and Amaterasu, I'm struggling to think of characters that would best fit the niche description that Nintendo would go for. Dante's not really a niche character
At this point, I think Morrigan is better known for her crossover apperances than she is for her original series.

It's been quite some time since we got a Darkstalkers game.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Big fan of the aesthetic of Darkstalkers and would love to have her in the game. If not, it'd atleast be really cool to have a spirit event for the series drop near Halloween. Could imagine some really creative spirit battles for the cast.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Count me in! I think it’d be interesting to see a Darkstalkers character get into Smash. We’d need a stage with music from the Darkstalkers series, especially Darkstalkers 3/Vampire Savior. Both originals and new remixes. I’d also love to see Demitri and Jedah get into Smash too. Although, Demitri might be unlikely because of Midnight Bliss, and Jedah might be unlikely because of…well, blood.

BTW In case anybody’s interested, I made a petition for Capcom to revive Darkstalkers. I know petitions don’t always work, but you never know what might happen. Anyway, here it is: https://www.change.org/p/capcom-revive-darkstalkers

Last edited:

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Well, maybe there's some more Darkstalkers spirits in store for us this Halloween. Or at least an event where they're more common.

Last edited:
Top Bottom