• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
So is Icy going to Dubuque or not? Chances are looking worse for Maze coming every day, and I want to know if I can team with Fall or not.

Also, lawl at the people trying to de-rep me (for some reason). My reputation is still at 12 points, as it always has been. :p

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Im working on it. Just give me time.
Its looking good that I might make it along with Icy.
Its this or a Halloween party with mad drinking..
Smash or get smashed....

Chout

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone i live in bettendorf IA, and was wondering if anyone would just want to meet up on a weekend and play. im willing to drive becuase i do not know anyone around here that plays and i want to get better before i start going to tournaments. So if anyone does please let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Fall

Smash Ace
Well all the Iowa smashers are going to a tourny in Dubuque this saturday it would be a great way to get to know everyone. But I think Iowa City is around there Icy and his brother Fidi would play you and show you some things im sure.

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you ought to come to the Dubuque tournament if possible. :)

Me and zyroqwa are from Marion: it's a bit further away than IC and I'm actually in Ames for school, but just so ya know. There's also Dubuque's crew.

Chout

Smash Rookie
i would but i just got my wisdom teeth out and i have to work all weekend.. but im gonna really try to make the keakuk tourny hopefully im decently good by then.

REY

Smash Cadet
OK OK well guys i know theres been problems between all us but now were all goin to be representing iowa so i call for peace n love .......? maybe.........?
comment back ......... and everything that has been said is in the past

peace n love
REY

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Uhm...sure. :p

Anyway, I don't know what's up for us and SMYM. We are still working on if we can make it or not. >_<

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
It all looks like it's coming down to whether our car can be fixed in time or not, but if so I'll be able to pass by through Des Moines and Iowa City to pick up some peeps if they can't make it any other way. Asking for even-share on travel expenses.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
You better go victor unless your scared....of my falco and all the other people mwuahahahahai
If I don't go it's lack of a ride or money. Believe me, I'm not scared. :p

As far as Des Moines and SMYM: Ian has to work on Friday until midnight, not to mention he said his car was screwing up. Even if his car is fixed in time, I don't like the idea of leaving at 6:00 A.M. just so we can make the tournament on time. Not to mention how tired we would all be.

So, kintehr. It sounds like, assuming all goes well, you'll be swinging down by Des Moines. If you can give me a rough estimate on how much money I'd have to contribute (for gas, and maybe if you're staying in a hotel), I'll be able to tell everyone if I can go or not.

This would work better if more people went with kintehr, as it would be a lot cheaper to split the cost of gas/motel room several ways instead of just us.

So at the moment, going or not no longers rests on me: it rests with kintehr.

Echo

Smash Champion
victor, why would you need to spend money on a motel?
AOB and Viperboy both offer free housing to anyone.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
victor2000;1849209\ said:
This would work better if more people went with kintehr, as it would be a lot cheaper to split the cost of gas/motel room several ways instead of just us.
Tis a shame that Keokuk is way outa the way other wise Kami and Rey (well I still don't think Rey is actally gonna make it but we'll see ) could Car pool with you guys too.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
victor, why would you need to spend money on a motel?
AOB and Viperboy both offer free housing to anyone.
Jacqueline said in order to come with her, you'll have to help out with expenses. I thought that Jacqueline would be getting a hotel room, as either her or her parents would be uncomfortable if she were to stay at AOB's, with some 75 guys being there and very few girls. Not to mention it seems it will be quite cramped at AOB's.

Oh well, I might not go to SMYM and try to make PP2 instead.

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah it'd be nice if you guys could make my tourney, it's gonna be pretty nice... but makin SMYM would be really good experience for you guys too... so I think you should make the effort.

C'mon Victor I hear you wanna get in a rematch with me :)

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
dude, its not gonna be cramped at AOB's trust me
idk if youve been there, but, its not gonna be cramped...never has, and im sure lol it never is

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
dude, its not gonna be cramped at AOB's trust me
idk if youve been there, but, its not gonna be cramped...never has, and im sure lol it never is
Yeah it's true AOB's place is huge there is no way that place will get full. Also does that mean jackie isn't going?

Echo

Smash Champion
is there anyone from Iowa that wants to make SMYM and doenst have a ride?

if you are willing to help pitch in for gas money, I would be willing to pick you up and drive through Iowa. Let me know ASAP. Either PM me or my AIM = ssbxecho

The Red Mage

Smash Rookie

There are a group of us (at least half a dozen, maybe more) that have just recently decided to enter some tournaments. We live at the red star on the map above. I was hoping to find some tourneys closer to my area, just thought I'd let you all know.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
You guys seem pretty far north. Trying talking to Tacoom, he's in Sioux City. Otherwise, I don't know anyone who lives near Paullina.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord

There are a group of us (at least half a dozen, maybe more) that have just recently decided to enter some tournaments. We live at the red star on the map above. I was hoping to find some tourneys closer to my area, just thought I'd let you all know.

What victor said is correct ask tacoom. He lives in souix city like he said.

Hopefully more Iowa people can make it. Tomorrow is the tourney T_T Hope you can go kintehr

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Geez Kami you can't ever seem to make a trouney (or samsh fest) with out me , I knew Rey wouldn't come through he all ways conviently has a reason not to go to a tournament to tell you the truth I think he's scared.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
you know, it wouldnt be a bad idea to try and make it to pp2 cause it sounds like its gonna be like, too kool dudes, and i know since you guys live in iowa you dont know too much about being kool, but thats ok, cause if you kreep pp2 you'll see what its like to be kool :D

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
you know, it wouldnt be a bad idea to try and make it to pp2 cause it sounds like its gonna be like, too kool dudes, and i know since you guys live in iowa you dont know too much about being kool, but thats ok, cause if you kreep pp2 you'll see what its like to be kool :D

Nice advertisement smeesh. I would like to but you guys are too far from me <_< I would like to go though.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
you now, pp3 towld be a good ida cause it woujld be a good chance yor youg guys to get out, kreep yournies and just like, kreep :D

Top Bottom