• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Change of dates
10/26th, West Des Moines
10/27th, Iowa City or Cedar falls
10/28th, Dubuque

Im not sure if Ill be able to smash with you victor. Ill be there for a concert. Then plan on heading up to Ia City. Ill try to get there as early as possible.
Its very possible that I might leave for Dubuque from Ia city. Ill plan more about that when it comes up.
I got to start getting ready for St Louis. Any of you guys going?

Faellie

Smash Apprentice
Um, Tacoom, you have 28th listed here for DBQ, but it hasn't officially been changed from the 21st. It isn't final yet.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Im aware of that. The 28th is just part of my road trip. If the tourney is on the 28th, Ill be there. I might even have Icy with me..... who knows

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
I hope you have Icy with you. XD Icy can't go otherwise. After Dubuque, what's your plan exactly? Are you going back to Sioux City? Anyway I can go back to Iowa City with you?

Echo

Smash Champion
If the tourneys are that close together... you should keep people from Iowa and bring them to the st. loius tourney lol

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
If that isn't sarcasm (and I don't think it is), then thank you very very much.

PS. Can my brother tag along too? He's pretty good.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
That would be sweet but St Louis is at the end of Sept which I have an different planned road trip for. Ill should be meeting up with Icy towards the end of Oct. :)

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
[color="lightblue]I"m not sure if I can, or if I'm even good enough, but thanks for the offer XD I'll see, eventually.[/color]

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
I hate it when I make mistakes in code, it looks dumb and I can't fix it. I don't think I can afford to go out of state, nor do I think I'm that good. XD

Where's St. Louis?

Other than that, I probably can't do anything until roughly Oct. 10, because my parents are obsessed with me studying for my PSAT. That means no friends over. But after that, I should be having a fest at my house, to get ready for the Dubuque tourney and SMYM. If EB and V2K can come, it's already worth it in my opinion, and I got some confirmation from EB, so Victor, you gotta come. Don't know when it is, except that the fest'll be after Oct. 10, at my house, in Iowa City. PM me for address or phone, so we can start setting this thing up.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I doubt there are 100 smashers in Iowa. But if there were, I'd definitely be at the bottom, because I suck.

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
I guess I wasn't invited. Anyways JBM, you ought to at least go to Des Moines sometime. I'm sure Icy would go if you did, and I might be able to as well, and throw down a money match to make up your traveling expense. It's a little far otherwise.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Icy at #100? Lawl.

Icy, I'd be down for a smashfest the week before the Dubuque tourney.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Nothing sure yet. At all. And...I have no idea how I'll get to Dubuque, as DSM can't take me AND Fidi, and I can't leave him behind, kintehr can't take us, and EB is too out of the way. No Dubuque for me XD.

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
Hey Jbm I will do that MM when ever I c u next. Dont listen to smeesh he doesnt know what he is talking about. We r both pro's that have never played each other.:psycho: :psycho:

stoom01

Smash Rookie
You just made my day. I came to the regional zone expecting nothing to do with Iowa (it is qquite a boring state wouldn't you agree?) but i found this thread and thought HOPE! I guess i will follow it and try to find a tourney i can make it to. I like smash alot and really enjoy it so looking forward to new challenges. :)

Fall

Smash Ace
stoom01 where in Iowa do you live? If it's close maybe we could get together and play before sometime before dubuque

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Hey stoom01, I saw you had a couple thread in Melee Discussion asking what wavedashing and all the terms are. Here are some of the top players in Iowa, see if anyone lives close to you:

EarthBowser, Cedar Falls.
Tacoom, Sioux City.
JBM, Glenwood.
Icy, Iowa City.
kintehr, Ames.
V2K (myself), here in Des Moines.

Hope that helps.

just remember Jastigers Young Link>>>Victor's Fox
Lawl, I suck at this game, don't have to rub it in! Even my girlfriend's Zelda > my Fox (I'm serious about this). :p

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Here's hoping that list includes someone from Dubuque by the end of October. ;P

But yeah, Stoom, where ya from? Anywhere near us in Dubuque? We play quite a bit here, or at least try to.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Haven't posted in this thread for a while. I updated the first post, tell me if I missed something.

Also, I've been de-repped twice for my post above. Both times they didn't sign it, nor did they mention what was wrong. So send me a PM and I'll edit the post if someone took offense or something.

runningman_03

Smash Rookie
well after reading the entirety of this thread, i think i am ready to get back into smash and start training with kintehr. too bad i am in spain for another 2 months, but i think i will try and hit up shamefull fall for sure, especially if it is in the beginning of january. reading this thread has also really opened up my eyes as to how many smashers there are in iowa which is definitely sweet.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Me and rey are definetly. Others don't know about. Frost byte isn't going because he has a youth conference to go to. Deveyus, I still don't know about him.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
I think I can make it to Marion if Tacoom can't take me along. It's coming up soon though....

Top Bottom