• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

Faellie

Smash Apprentice
Hi

Finally got around to making myself an account on here, I've been lurking for a few months now. I'm a member of Dark Hogosha's smash/gaming community in Dubuque, so yea.

I'm hoping to get to SMYM in November.

And don't call my screen name gay, i'm a female. ;P

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
We're thinking about going to that tourney in Dubuque on October 21st. Hope to see ya there, and if we don't, we'll see ya at SMYM.

Maze

Smash Cadet
by the way icy if you want to play me you might have to meet me half-way or go with kintehr if she comes down again.

any way in soviet russia, classic joke reference makes you

Faellie

Smash Apprentice
Hah, thanks Mike.
I registered to try and find my boyfriend some smashers in his area... it's actually working ;P (He's in pacific NW though, not iowa.)

Maze

Smash Cadet
welcome to the iowa thread Dark Hogosha and faellie. enjoy thy stay.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I'm going to Vegas? What?

WOW, my bad sooo many people have that Peach avatar now that i keep thinking its Icy because he had it first. i usually don't bother looking at the name because usually people have different avatars my bad. We should all definetly go to SMYM6, cheaper, and its closer.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Results to the Des Moines smashfest we had today:

Singles:

1st: V2K
2nd: Icy
3rd: Fall
4th: Maze
5th: Q
6th: Fidi

7th: JasTiger
7th: Razzi

9th: Travis

Comments: I won the finals, 3-0. :)

Doubles:

1st: Team Iowan Edgeguard (V2K + Icy)
2st: Team Sandbag (Fall + Maze)
3rd: Team Fwhqwagads (Razzi + Level 9 Marth)
4th: Team Fxjw;ytuv (Fidi + Q)
5th: Team Punching Ghosts (JasTiger + Travis)

Comments: Team Sandbag took out me and Icy out in winners with some clever counterpicks, 1-2. However, we came back and won the finals, 6-0. :p

mybi0hazard

Smash Cadet
GOOOOO LEVEL 9 Marth!

Ian i'm not going to have the internet at my new place for awhile, so i'm sending you my # in pm incase you guys still want to come over tuesday.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
I thought the biggest upset of the day was when Fall beat Maze in singles. But another surprise awaited us during doubles:

GOOOOO LEVEL 9 Marth!
We did doubles after singles, so we were all a bit tired. That doesn't excuse it though; I don't see how the matches were so incredibly close. :ohwell:

Fall

Smash Ace
Alright Shawn my dear. And Victor I told you I was coming for the #2 spot in DM but Team Sandbag will reign supreme

mybi0hazard

Smash Cadet
Glad you guys came over tuesday, sorry that I couldn't feed you tim. And i'm sorry you got ***** by my DK =P. I got sent home from work today, so if you guys wanted to come over and bring jastiger or something I definately wouldn't mind. I'm going to be very lonely =(

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Hows it going everyone, next saturday i will most likely be having a house to myself and i was wondering if anyone was interested in a smashfest? it'd be at my place in glenwood, iowa obviously, i'll know by tommorow if its a go or not, most likely it will be though.

my address is 230th st 52694, glenwood, and if those who don't know the area very well i live in the country and most likely i will just have you come to our mcdonalds gas station and i'll just lead from that point to there.

JasTiger

Smash Cadet
Bah

I'll be out of town this weekend, and i work tomorrow (friday) where are you from Mybi0hazard? I look forward to the match. I've gotten better since Victors smashfest as well. won't be smashing Victor anytime soon but 4 stocks are a thing of the past!

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
JBM, I'd be interested in going to a fest at your place. On the 16th, right? We'll have to run it by Ian or someone who is willing to drive us though.

anyone here go to drake?
I don't go to Drake, but I live about 1.5 miles away. Hit me up if you want to Smash sometime.

JasTiger

Smash Cadet
I go to DMACC in Ankeny, and live in the Urbandale Area. can get to Victors house in about 15 to 20 minutes if that. It'd be faster if that stupid 235 exit wasn't closed off at I 80/35

Jimi87O5

Smash Apprentice
well, im visiting my friend at drake on saturday night, (later today i guess), if anyone wants to meet up for a smash quikie before i leave (sunday afternoonish?) id be down, eb..? n e ways, post if your interested, then ill hit you up with them digits.

Fall

Smash Ace
Some of us are getting together this afternoon if you want you could stop by or we could go there doesnt matter

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Happy Birthday Kami. By the way, someone SHOULD organize something this Saturday, as I'll be in Ames on the 16th. For some reason. And I might have some time to stop by afterwards.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Hows it going everyone, next saturday i will most likely be having a house to myself and i was wondering if anyone was interested in a smashfest?
Ian, you mentioned how we should do something this weekend, and I'd really like to meet JBM. So if anyone in Des Moines wants to discuss going to JBM's, go to the new thread I put on Screw_the_World. :)

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Some Iowa tour action!
10/25th, West Des Moines
10/26th, Iowa City or Cedar falls
10/27th, Iowa City or Cedar falls
10/28th, Dubuque
It starts

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Ha, Tacoom, you should come to my house on the 26th or 27th, and yeah, kintehr, I'm asking around about the matchup at your dorm.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, wait! Tacoom in Iowa City!? Anyways could you (Tacoom) maybe pick me and my bro up, and help us get to Dubuque? We'd help pay for gas and all that.

Top Bottom