• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

JasTiger

Smash Cadet
Is Kintehr still in Ames or did you movle away? I'm totally down for some smash anytime that I'm free. You on the South Side, Fall? Lemme know whats up.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Is there anything going on in Iowa this weekend or anytime between this thursday and next thursday? I'll be in the state for a week (in mason city).

Fall

Smash Ace
umm I think Cedar Rapids is having a smashfest this weekend but not sure but I could make some time this weekend if you could make it to des moines im sure some of us would play

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
Well, I talked to the guy who owns Jay CD and Hobbies and he has a gaming room opening and he still needs to work on it and he said to come back when its done and well talk about have a tourney down in Des Moines. So, I'll let you guys/girls know if there will be a tourney soon in Des Moines in a few weeks.

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
I can't hold a smashfest this weekend, I got sick yesterday and I don't feel good. : (

But I would be interested in a Desmoines Tourney : )

Faellie

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking for something to do Sunday the 5th... anything around Dubuque going on? Or, alternately, if there aren't too many people, the people in Dubuque could probably host something.. :)

Faellie

Smash Apprentice
Okay.. Dubuque is holding a smashfest tomorrow *August 5th* starting at 12, till whenever you guys want to leave. The address of the house is:

425 S Grandview Avenue
Dubuque, IA

Hope to see lots of people there... I know it's short notice.

EDIT: I just talked to Andrew, and now we can't have the house until 3 PM. I'm gonna talk to Hogosha and see if we can hang at his place till 3... i'll keep you guys posted :)

Edit #2: We can hang at Hogosha's until that house becomes available, then carpool over. Get me on AIM to get his address, I dunno if he'd want it put on here or not. my AIM address is "Faellie Bubby". But, anyone who's planning on coming already knows that.

JasTiger

Smash Cadet
DSM Area

Ok well i got my apartment and stuff up in Ames, I'm not moved in YET, but I will be in a week or so. I'm totally down to have some Smash there if everyone can make it. Sometime in the next week or so that is. Unless someone else in DSM area wants to host one sooner? I"m in Urbandale until I move up there.

JasTiger

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Okay.. Dubuque is holding a smashfest tomorrow *August 5th* starting at 12, till whenever you guys want to leave. The address of the house is:

425 S Grandview Avenue
Dubuque, IA

Hope to see lots of people there... I know it's short notice.

EDIT: I just talked to Andrew, and now we can't have the house until 3 PM. I'm gonna talk to Hogosha and see if we can hang at his place till 3... i'll keep you guys posted :)

Edit #2: We can hang at Hogosha's until that house becomes available, then carpool over. Get me on AIM to get his address, I dunno if he'd want it put on here or not. my AIM address is "Faellie Bubby". But, anyone who's planning on coming already knows that.
Too bad I missed this post otherwise I would have been game.

JasTiger

Smash Cadet
As always, if you are in Ames or the surrounding area, you call me and we smash just about anytime. Kintehr has been over here a few times all ready and felt the WRATH of Young Link....kind of. Hit me up!

JasTiger

Smash Cadet
Hmmm...well as far as seating i could probably sit 8 but that'd be like..people sitting everywhere. A comfortable group woudl probably be aroudn 5

but if need be 8 or so would work. *Shrug*

JasTiger

Smash Cadet
I am going out of town this weekend unfortunately:( Worlds of Fun with the girlfriend down in Kansas City..maybe next week?

damage incorperated

Smash Apprentice
my 2-3 frinds get together either at m house in panora or one of their houses in west des moines pretty much every weekend. but,they hate the idea of competitive smash sowe just free for all, its fun though. if you want to contact me pm me here.

Chout

Smash Rookie
i live in bettendorf iowa and was just wondering if anyone plays around the qc area or not. it would be cool if someone did becuase i have no one to play here.

Fall

Smash Ace
Well there is a tourny in Dubuque in a few weeks where you could meet everyone in Iowa. But no one really lives over in that area your best bet would probably be to check for Illinois people.

damage incorperated

Smash Apprentice
yeah we really like doing teams but we usually just dont, pobably because we forget. i have to whine and moan to get a couple 1 on 1. they love ffa ill tell you that...

Faellie

Smash Apprentice
Chout~ I don't know of anyone in Bettendorf, either... but yea, you should definately check out the tournament in Dubuque on the 13th :)

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Exactly what I was thinking Faellie... *shudder*
whachoo doin' here anyway Asian_Flava? There usually isn't anything close enough for my SW Iowa friends to go to, much less someone from Nebraska...

Top Bottom