• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

Echo

Smash Champion
so when is there gonna be a tourney in iowa (besides glenwood) i wanna come :)

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i'd say if there going to have one it'll be somewhere in mid or late june.

kintehr, are you going to FC? i'm almost 100% sure that bolt and i are going.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Ok.
So what time would it start etc...?
Noon, Saturday May 26th ends promptly at 8:30 pm >_>...so thats 8 and a half hours to play smash, i hope ppl actually come. btw bring money for food. we might order a pizza and your all gonna pay for it ^^ since my mom doesnt wanna spend money on you guys ._.

Dv02

Smash Apprentice
So, what are the events for the next 2 weeks? I be plannin a smashfest..

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Miguel -

I am planning to come. I'll be trying to drag along David. Shall I bring a cube?

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
meh i guess, TV's should be braught too, we need atleast 2~3 extra cubes and tons of controllers. anyone not gonna make it at noon and might be coming late? Also bring extension cords and bring snacks if you so choose.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Bring it, we need one and we are most likely gonna be in the basement so thats why we need tons of TV's and extension cords and such, we have a pool table that is a substitute for a real table and a dresser that can hold 3 TV's and we also have my room that isnt gonna fit more than 4 people >_> the up stairs is off limits since my mom is *****ing about how many ppl i said were coming "i said 7~8 >_>" well lets see so far i got: Me, Jimmy, Junior, Jesse, Lance, Kaleb, Josh, Victor, David, Ian, Timmy, "The Twins" (Maybe) . Anymore ppl coming along? i counted 12 with everyone. Let me know if your bringing anymore hoars with you >_>.

Echo

Smash Champion
When is there going to be a tournament in Omaha, I wanna go. :)
well, there is one in August, and Gamers should be hosting one sometime soon. The FFC one in August should be alot of fun though. =]

Dv02

Smash Apprentice
That was fun. we should do that again soon. And thanks v2k for finally showing. It was good to finally play you again. It has been a long time since i had to even short hop. Usually a run&shine tactic will win with the people i play. It seems like Miguel is making it harder for v2k to 4-stock him. Ian still kicks my *** on a pretty hardcore basis.

all in all, When will the next one be?

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Tim and Ian, you guys are getting a lot better. Props to Ian for going even with me a lot of the time.

And thanks v2k for finally showing.
Haha, no problem you guys. School finally winding down combined with the three-day weekend gave me some extra time.

It seems like Miguel is making it harder for v2k to 4-stock him.
He's got a long way to go, but I agree, he is getting better. Still doesn't mean I can't 4-stock him as long as I'm paying attention to the match, but he is getting better.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I cant get off 3 lives yet but I'm getting there, I've kinda slowed down my training since i have other things to do now. But most likely I'm gonna think about going to the Glenwood Tourney, For experience. I've only been playing for 2 months like actual technical stuff and such but meh, I'm getting there

Dv02

Smash Apprentice
dont worry about the technical stuff just yet. Work a bit more on your overall fighting.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
"I'm sorry. I didn't know my presence was so wanted. My apologies to everyone, but a very personal matter arose and that took precedence over the Smashfest.

TehYoon: Dark Hogosha is right. You're posting with some of Iowa's top players here (where is Icy and EarthBowser?!).

Listen when I say this: "Good/decent" as you put it is relative. Being good with a character just against your friends does not count. Once you do NOT get 4-stocked by my Fox with a character, then (and only then) should you move on. Honestly, I'm not that good, you should be able to consistently take at least one life on me with a your whatever main you're on."~ Victor a long time ago I don't know how to quote.

As to what Victor said a long time ago, I fell out at about the time he did, and I haven ot really played since. I might get back in though, school is out on June 4th, ACT on June 9th, but besides those dates, I might be able to attend something relatively close, before July 4th though. I could come back into SSBM, but I don't know if it would be worth it. Depends on what is coming up really...

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
Man, there's going to be the smashyfest/tournament here at rawrmoo's this Sunday (June 3rd), we'd really like it if you came. There's more stuff later on in the months, but this is the nearest.

In my opinion with all the people saying they're waiting for brawl: I've always thought staying with the scene felt better than leaving it for some time and comin's with the kiddies.

Dv02

Smash Apprentice
As I said before, I only have 3 mains now Falco/G+W/Ganon. You guys killed my old dream remember?
I tried to. I mean i tried really hard to. I bought knives for the job. and apple juice.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, I cant make it (**** summer school) if its on a Saturday I might be able to. If i go i might drag Victor, Ian and Timmy Along if their free o.o

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, I cant make it (**** summer school) if its on a Saturday I might be able to. If i go i might drag Victor, Ian and Timmy Along if their free o.o
Well it is on a Saturday and if the date were to change it would still have to be on a Saturday.

SuiteFox

Smash Cadet
Hey yall, im stuck at my uncles place in Urbandale for like a week or so and am waaaaaaaaay bored. I brought smash but i have no one to play with cuz my uncles on vacation in minnesota.

Top Bottom