• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Well, the smash-fest at Tim's house went "ok" in my opinion, Ian showed up with his girlfriend, I braught my friend Jesse and my brother, it was an alright smash-fest, next time
we should make plans way before the actual day. but meh i just realized I'm the only G&W player in Iowa, atleast I think im the only one o.o anyone else main G&W?

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe so, you are Iowa's G+W, TehYoon. ^_^ Iowa has such nice mains.

SuiteFox, my aim and msn are on my profile, and pm's too, feel free.

Dv02

Smash Apprentice
At least Me and Ian got to play Tehyoon and a couple others. It has been a while...

VICTOR DIDNT SHOW UP >_<
also, i didnt actually mean to have it THAT soon. Victor just mentioned it and i I went along with it to be a good sport.

Posted by Dv02
as long as is on a Saturday
I know, i did place a time and date, but that was AFTER victor had mentioned it. Anyways, at last we had one.

Posted By Victor2000
This Saturday works for you, Tim?
YOU EVEN SAID YOU WOULD BRING A CUBE, GAH.
no worries though.

Also, i wont be holding one next weekend because there will be one in cedar rapids, and i dont want to take attention off of that. You're Welcome

So lets start planning one for the 26th of this month. That should give us PLENTY of time.
Is that cool with everyone?

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
My Yoshi feels offended. *sniff*

My Kirby, even if it does feel offended, can't do anything about it though. ^_^
=/, I didnt mean to offend you? YOU ARE IOWA's Yoshi/Kirby?

will that make you feel better?

btw I'm thinking of also having Pikachu/Pichu in my aresenal as well, as well as both the Mario's....basically everyone o.o

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
=/, I didnt mean to offend you? YOU ARE IOWA's Yoshi/Kirby?

will that make you feel better?

btw I'm thinking of also having Pikachu/Pichu in my aresenal as well, as well as both the Mario's....basically everyone o.o
...dude, I gotta step in and say that I agree with everyone else...

...two mains, tops. Get good with them. Like, really good. Then start playing other characters. I didn't touch other characters until I was good with Yoshi, Peach, and Kirby, and it helped my game out immensely.

They know what they're talking about.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
...dude, I gotta step in and say that I agree with everyone else...

...two mains, tops. Get good with them. Like, really good. Then start playing other characters. I didn't touch other characters until I was good with Yoshi, Peach, and Kirby, and it helped my game out immensely.

They know what they're talking about.

Wait, wait...didnt i say earlier that im doing them one at a time? I'm doing what you guys are saying. I've already got Sheik, Falco, Marth and G&W done. I'm just settling with good/decent for now, then going back and doing some touch-up work. And plus, i have like 12 hours a day to work on them, so I'll be fine. Thanks for all your help but i am doing what you guys are saying.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
YOU EVEN SAID YOU WOULD BRING A CUBE, GAH.
I'm sorry. I didn't know my presence was so wanted. My apologies to everyone, but a very personal matter arose and that took precedence over the Smashfest.

TehYoon: Dark Hogosha is right. You're posting with some of Iowa's top players here (where is Icy and EarthBowser?!).

Listen when I say this: "Good/decent" as you put it is relative. Being good with a character just against your friends does not count. Once you do NOT get 4-stocked by my Fox with a character, then (and only then) should you move on. Honestly, I'm not that good, you should be able to consistently take at least one life on me with a your whatever main you're on.

Sigh.

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
There are too many Mike's for Kami to talk in third person.

TehYoon, I main Marth. One year ago or now, 85% of the time I'll use Marth: train with Marth, play friendly Marth, competitive Marth, teamwise Marth. The other 15% is between two to four different characters . If decent among your friends is all you really want to be, you can pretty much go the way you are learning with general characters and your friends, but there're many things on the higher level that would be overlooked. Also, although you might have 12+ hours to play every day doesn't help any mindgames, just solid tech.

Come to our smashfest. ^_^

Hogosha, I misunderstood TehYoon when he said he mained G+W.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
erm yeah about that... I've gotten alot better with alot of my characters Victor, I'm pretty sure you wont 4-stock me now and ill probably take 1 or more of your lives with the following characters: Marth, Falco, G&W, Sheik. They're basically my mains, although i tend to prefer playing G&W. I do main G&W btw everyone. also another thing my dream for being good with everyone isnt gonna happen as all of you so kindly supported but meh i can live with that. Right now im gonna work on my G&W and Falco. I'm getting pillaring down with Falco and G&W i can SHFFL with and do it well also. And basically i destroy most of my friends there really isnt much of a challenge as before except for my brother who mains
Falco/Zelda....no clue why he's good with Zelda, i think Timmy got to him >_> but meh w/e i guess I'm only gonna work on G&W, Falco and Marth for now, maybe a little bit of Sheik and C. Falcon but I only play other characters to make it fair for my friends since considering my Mewtwo can beat the majority of them...

Thanks for the support everyone I guess ill listen and then work on everyone else

Miguel
SmashTag: EnviSolex :D

Faellie

Smash Apprentice
I'm just gonna post this up here and see what response it gets. I am off June 3rd, and it'd be cool if we could arrange a Cedar Rapids smashfest that day. It's hard for me to get Saturdays off. Would anyone be up for hosting something on a Sunday like that?

I'm pretty sure I could get others from Dubuque to come with me. :)

Dv02

Smash Apprentice
And basically i destroy most of my friends there really isnt much of a challenge as before except for my brother who mains
Falco/Zelda....no clue why he's good with Zelda, i think Timmy got to him >_> Miguel
SmashTag: EnviSolex :D
Tell him he just improved his game by switching to Zelda. :)

I just wanted to know the two characters that you would use that i should expact anything from. if you want we could G+W vs Mewtwo sometime.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
because i am drunk and felt like saying hello... hope that isnt to big of a problem
Only a problem if you don't have a DD, son. We promote safe drinking practices in our state's thread.

Show some pride and respect.

(...effing sore throat won't let me sleep.)

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Um christie how come you had to make it so soon? I mean I could probably get it off if it was like another week ahead.

EDIT: Let me look into it. I'll see what I can do. Sundays I might be able to do.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
hahahah. Ok well I want to see Iowa again and there has been a lot of new people lately so I want to see des moines and debuque and cedar rapids and iowa city. Icy and fidi better make this! I'm winning singles this time lol. Ok well i'm going fishing with my dog peace out.

Oh I start summer classes on the 4th so most likely i'll be able to go. But gas just rose 3.40 a gallon. *pukes*

But today i'll request the 3rd off.

Oh who's place will this be at? Heogs???

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Erm About that G+W vs Mewtwo, i accept, also on another note.... I know this is short notice but we're having a smash-fest at my house or Jesse's house (the small asian boy that went to your smashfest Timmy >_>) starts at 12 and ends at 8:30pm sharp, another thing It would be cool if we could have all the Iowan Smashers chip in so we can rent a place for a tourney soon. i could throw in like 50~60 bucks now we just need other ppl to chip in and a possible place.

Dv02

Smash Apprentice
Erm About that G+W vs Mewtwo, i accept, also on another note.... I know this is short notice but we're having a smash-fest at my house or Jesse's house (the small asian boy that went to your smashfest Timmy >_>) starts at 12 and ends at 8:30pm sharp, another thing It would be cool if we could have all the Iowan Smashers chip in so we can rent a place for a tourney soon. i could throw in like 50~60 bucks now we just need other ppl to chip in and a possible place.

You fail to mention what day :ohwell:

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
60+ bucks for a building!?! Is it that hard to find a descent building to host a tourney/fest?
Or is everything in Des Moines that expensive?

Dv02

Smash Apprentice
Well, I havent really called anyone. i just checked A (1) hotel price. I was hoping to find an empty lot in a strip mall and try to rent it for 1/2 a day. but alas i have no resources.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
well i meant to say May 19th but im busy so May 26th'll be fine. since its my dads bday and im an airhead cause i neglected to remember >_> well just letting everyone know if you plan on coming email me so i can get ready accordingly, and so i can give you my address, phone number and all that stuff.

envisolex@hotmail.com

please email me if your going.
Miguel

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
So let me get this straight: There is, in fact, a Smashfest going on at Miguel's this Saturday?

Top Bottom