• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
I suck at Smash :p And I kind of beat all these people. Not to sound conceited or anything.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
No, I meant the people I've actually played, and the last time Victor and I played, we were pretty even.

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for putting everything in perspective a quarter of a year ago, Icy. We should be able to arrange something for Iowa City once I get home, we owe you a couple.

Echo

Smash Champion
Victor could have been really good if he would have kept playing, last time I saw him he was doing infinite waveshines n ****, just needed to learn better ways to apply it, but had everything there was to know about being a technical fox. its sad that we never saw him again :( I was lookin forward to helpin him get alot better, he had alot of potential.

not to say that no one else from Iowa doesn't, but I mean, its like no one wants to put in enough effort kinda... I mean Victor obviously worked his *** off to learn everything he did, all he needed was more experience.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Victor could have been really good if he would have kept playing, last time I saw him he was doing infinite waveshines n ****, just needed to learn better ways to apply it, but had everything there was to know about being a technical fox. its sad that we never saw him again :( I was lookin forward to helpin him get alot better, he had alot of potential.

not to say that no one else from Iowa doesn't, but I mean, its like no one wants to put in enough effort kinda... I mean Victor obviously worked his *** off to learn everything he did, all he needed was more experience.
ouch, that kinda hurts but o well.

btw kamikaze, you must relize that fox is ultimate god tier, falco is like tied for fourth behind sheik.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman

I'm flattered. That's the nicest Smash thing anyone has ever said about me. Thanks Echo! :)

I still wish I could play Smash competitively. Sadly, I don't think I can be good enough in my current situation. School is time consuming, but that's no excuse. The real reason is: there are no pros in Iowa. Real experience, which is something I obviously lack, comes with constantly playing and learning from better players. No offense to my fellow Central Iowans, but finding players that truly challenge me is impossible here in Des Moines. Practicing with people who aren't equal or better than your skill level does nothing.

However, I have some good news: I've decided that I'm going to get back into the local Des Moines Smash scene (no matter how sparse and unorganized we are), and hopefully I'll be able to attend a larger, state event and see how everyone is doing. I think just ignoring current Smash events (as I've been doing for the past few months) is just plain selfish. I know of many players here who would appreciate my coaching.

So Central Iowans, go over to the Des Moines thread and help us plan some training sessions!

[Sorry if my long block of text was boring!]

- V2K

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
victor, if you have the time during the summer i'm holding another tourney sometime during june, i'm thinking either the 16th or 23rd.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
i would be interested is all i'm saying for now LOL.

Well i'm glad you are coming back victor. I'm afraid that you won't go pro now for tis late in melee. And brawl will fastly be approaching. The same with me. But anyways what the duece lets smash our brains out! I'm bad against foxes for the sole reason of lack of experience against good foxes because no one in my area doesn't play fox and I don't attend enough tournaments and school is a mother LOL

Tied behind sheik? Them suckers don't know whats up hahahaha.

there is this new falco combo video that's pretty entertaining lemee get the link.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Official standings are in.

I have the worst Yoshi in Iowa.

-_-

Echo's right about Victor and (unfortunately) the rest of Iowa. As was Icy. I hate the excuse, "I'm just gonna wait for Brawl," 'cause the moment you get lax about it is the moment you start losing what you've worked hard to earn. We suck, but a lot of you guys have potential, and as difficult as it is to keep it alive in such a spread-out state...do what ya can. Hold smashfests. Watch vids. Get yer mom to start playing.

Don't care what reason you need. Just keep Smashin'.

Also, I'll probably be holding DBQ BBQ 4 sometime in late July if things go as planned. (DBQ BBQ 2 was the smash tourney back in late October. DBQ BBQ 3 is in late May, and it's for the "traditional" fighters like 3rd Strike and Guilty Gear and such.)

...and get Iowa off the 2nd page of this forum. Needs to be back at the top. ;P

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
y do you have the worst yoshi in iowa? There's plenty of stuff you can do to be better with yoshi. Don't make me study the dino -.- But I will do a lot to help a fellow smasher.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
well you said its official you were the worst yoshi in iowa. So I tried helping.
*yeesh* how come everytime i try to make a friendly approach you always come out sour. -.-

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
We'll see. There's NFC4, and if I have a job to fund both trips out there. As long as zyroqwa's cool with it I don't see why not, though.

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
It's lack of support and lack of confidence in Kami. Why(again)? He failed all his Shameful Fall 3's while talking, and then he failed Glenwood doing the same thing, wasting people's time and expectations. There's nothing else to say about it.

Im going to a eureka tourney (st louis) on the 6th. I'll be repping myself wish me all luck.
Corrected, and good luck.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
A thanks and a good job to kintehr for correcting Kamikaze's post. :p

Look I posted! Whee!

Top Bottom