• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

Fall

Smash Ace
Suitfox we should be able to come up with something this weekend say saturday? You could get a chance to play at least me and Dv02

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
so whos coming to glenwood? kintehr and zrqwa better be, i'm excited to see how much you've improved. v2k, you better come also we still haven't played, heck everyone from iowa come so i can play ya geez.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Hey, my friends who went to the last glenwood tourney might want to go. I'm lookin around and am not seeing a post about where exactly it is and entry fee// what not so.. could someone direct me to it?

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so who's house we going over to this weekend? I cant really host anymore Smash-fests for a bit actually, So who's hosting this time?

Echo

Smash Champion
Hey, my friends who went to the last glenwood tourney might want to go. I'm lookin around and am not seeing a post about where exactly it is and entry fee// what not so.. could someone direct me to it?
wait... they actually came? must be really shy or something because they never said a word. In any case, all the info should be in the first post of the thread. if not, pm JBM to post it or something

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
as of right now, the entry fee is 10 for both singles and doubles for each person. i was possibly thinking about lowering teams but i thought about it and i'd rather keep it at 10. those who disagree plz post.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah they came, echo, and played in teams; I think they took 3rd actually, but left before the end of the tourney and didn't get their prize money if they had won any. I'll let them know about it and see if they want to go; to hear them tell it they've gotten like 10x better supposedly. We'll (or you'll) see :).

Echo

Smash Champion
No... they didnt take 3rd...

I'm pretty sure Smeesh and I got first, Mo and Mike Falco got second, Big Burn and Batman got third, and JBM and Bolt got 4th... why would you lie like that? lol...

anyway, thats not the point... Im just curious as to why they wouldnt have even said a word to anyone and be completely unsocial

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
We know where Okoboji Lakes are. And more densely populated than the rest of Iowa? In terms of Smash, "dense" places would be here in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids/Marion, Glenwood and Dubuque. :p

Sorry, I don't know anyone who Smashes up there.

quak

Smash Champion
We know where Okoboji Lakes are. And more densely populated than the rest of Iowa? In terms of Smash, "dense" places would be here in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids/Marion, Glenwood and Dubuque. :p

Sorry, I don't know anyone who Smashes up there.
yeah, i was comparing mostly to the farm/rural areas i guess

and around here a small town is 75,000 people :p

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
?
I though I saw some people leave bofore singles started.
that would've been them :D.

I talked to him just last night and he said he was planning on going. He mentioned someone called "murph" or something, so I don't know if that helps at all with you guys remembering.

Fall

Smash Ace
Who all is going to Glenwood I would very much like a partner since I doubt Victor is coming and im not teaming with Tim

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing that Dv02 is tim then. Or he's just offering. Anyway, my friends Lee and Mack should be going up, but if one of them can't make it I don't see why the other couldn't team with you miles.. err, fall.

Just thought I'd insert something about my sonic geekiness. Tails first name is Miles :D

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Ian, who's taking you? I wanna carpool with you if you have a ride o.o I'll pay for SOME gas >_> Iowa Smash Scene has died, So no one wants to host a Smash-Fest next weekend?

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
I'm holding a smashfest next weekend, after Glenwood. You should go! :)

Oh and on another side note I have never heard anyone named miles in Iowa, Mr. Utah man.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Zyroqwa, when exactly next weekend? I'm going to Europe on the 4th of July, so maybe I could come to one final smash thing and then quit SSBM for SSBB, which is coming out soon.

Details?

Fall

Smash Ace
I'm assuming he is refering to my icon Tails, his first name is Miles. Miguel i'm going with Tim's brother Nate there is going to be 5 of us in there so I dont know if there will be room.

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
It is going to be on the 30th of June. So the week after this one. I was thinking of making it a tournament if enough people go. Of course if enough people go it might have to be in that garage. :/

Will put my address if people forgot it.

Dv02

Smash Apprentice
my brother said he would, however gas would have to be paid + he said that he has to check his work schedule.

yes i am Tim
and if you want geekness, Miles "Tails" Prower is his full name and his
enemy is Dr. Ivo Robotnik

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I actually didn't know the prower part. Dang... *worship*@tim :).
I talked to Lee again yesterday night and he said that they were definitely going (both of them; sorry Fall, they won't be able to team with you), as long as they can find out what time it is at. JBM you told me the location and I believe they can find it without too much trouble, but you never told me when.....
so,,

What time is the Glenwood tournament starting on Saturday?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
they should be there by 10 to register, hopefully the tourney will start 11:15. if they are interested i might have a smashfest also at my house afterwards. and actually utah man, its at the same place it was b4 just in the gymnasium.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I see :). Thanks.
And by the way, you guys can call me Utah man if you want, I'm fine with it, but Bobo works too (its my nickname anyway out here in rl) or Cd, just anything mildly related to me (like Utah) works fine :)

Also, just to make sure; the place it was before, is that the same as the "old storage facility across from the Y and to the right of breadeaux" you told me about? or is it different, and if so can I get directions to there =) ?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
no, its the YMCA. not the storage facility nemore, that fell down but we will have the gymnasium rather than the teen room. btw anyone who can bring setups i would really appreciate it.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
It's in the gymnasium man, so I would think... that there would be room... then again, I'm 1000+ miles away right now so what do I know :).

Top Bottom