• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Advantages of Attacking Nana?

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
What are the advantages of attacking the secondary Ice Climber?

While it does not matter if this climber dies, I still think it is important to chase and kill Nana. Though damage to her does not contribute to the overall damage percentage, it does remove the chaingrab from the player's arsenal and makes gimping recovery very easy.

What do you think?

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
What does that mean? Yes, Popo can chaingrab some characters at low percents with a regular downward throw, but I'm talking about the zero to death chaingrabs.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Popo can barely chaingrab some characters.
Both ice climbers can infinite all characters.

And popo isn't always the main Ice Climber btw. Clycle through the costumes and Nana becomes the leader.

Browny

Smash Hater
I always go after nana exclusively... That way when you kncok the IC off the stage nana will be sent so much further away its easy to edgeguard her since popo has to DI away from the stage in order to regroup such that thier upb will even work. with popo busy trying to get nana they cant really risk attacking or airdodging your edgeguard attempts.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I have come to the conclusion that Nana has her own percentage. How did I come up with this? Well I'm not exactly positive she does, but after testing the Ice Climbers out in a Stamina Mode match with Popo untouched, Nana ended up dying while Popo still had 150%. So with this in mind, I do wonder if Nana does in fact have her own percent but isn't visiable since she's not really a playable character anyway. So back to the topic of taking advantage of attacking Nana.

If both characters have their own percent, one visiable while the other isn't, does that mean we should attack Nana instead of Popo since she is in a way almost harmless? If my theory about seperate percents for Popo and Nana are true, then I'd say yes. If you can kill off an opponent that's almost harmless, then you should have no problem throwing Popo off the stage.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I have come to the conclusion that Nana has her own percentage. How did I come up with this? Well I'm not exactly positive she does, but after testing the Ice Climbers out in a Stamina Mode match with Popo untouched, Nana ended up dying while Popo still had 150%. So with this in mind, I do wonder if Nana does in fact have her own percent but isn't visiable since she's not really a playable character anyway. So back to the topic of taking advantage of attacking Nana.

If both characters have their own percent, one visiable while the other isn't, does that mean we should attack Nana instead of Popo since she is in a way almost harmless? If my theory about seperate percents for Popo and Nana are true, then I'd say yes. If you can kill off an opponent that's almost harmless, then you should have no problem throwing Popo off the stage.
Uhm...duh? This is very very common information, and something most people just assume anyway.

Also, why is this here and not in the Ice Climbers forum?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Well for those who didn't have the common knowledge like me, attack Nana and deal with Popo later. :laugh:

Tamoo

Smash Master
As a climbers player, i actually find i step up my game when my nana is dead, and although harder to play as, popo on his own probably gets me more kills than when theyre both 2gether...mayb im just bad a infiniting lol

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Popo can barely chaingrab some characters.
Both ice climbers can infinite all characters.

And popo isn't always the main Ice Climber btw. Clycle through the costumes and Nana becomes the leader.
Really?? i thought it was just a colour change. so does that mean if i was controlling nana and popo died, i would have a spiking fair cause i had nana riight?

if this is true which colour is it?

on topic: you already said it really, ruins their recovery and chaingrabs so it makes sense. Besides if u can get her away from popo she's easy pickings.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Why do I attack nana?

Cause she's a tard, and doesn't know how to avoid it. Popo actually has a brain, nana has....a wii.

If this were a ps3 game I might attack popo instead lol.
Superior Playstation intelligence!

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
There are several things Popo can't do without nana
1. The side-b recovery is less effective (doesn't go as high)
2. NO CHAIN GRABS-Not including the down throw chain grab
3. No up-b recovery
4. Weaker attacks

Can't think of anything else atm, but those are the main reasons

Top Bottom