• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Advanced How To Play Video (AHTP)

Dr. Insaniack

Smash Cadet
thanx for the vid. and thanx for the avi help...
i kinda knew these things ... but im still in the area of practicing them... so the vid still helped

thanx

InS

Smash Rookie
Still won't let me get it. Can someone youtube it, or put it on a site that isn't ****e?

amnesiac

Smash Apprentice
Wak said:
wow thanks a lot for this guys =)
I got a friend saying that my video was not egnouth explaining things. Even after watching my 2 fist parts of the vid, he didn't know how to use wavedashes... It disrouraged me...

but you guys cheer me soo much... I really want to finish the video now ;)
umm, sorry for your friend, but he must be quite an idiot :D
j/k, but imo you spent enough time on the section and explained it very well, I really can't understand what's so confusing about it .. except for your little spelling mistake at "practice wavedashes" ;D =)

keep it up, looking forward to the other parts!

Ogawatugawa

Smash Rookie
For me, it just opens a download window, then when its finished, it is unplayable by my windows media player, any ideas?

Ogawatugawa

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the Divx Stuff and while trying to install, it continually ends up "not responding" i know this isnt exactly related to anything, but could someone please help?

Don't worry its good now...

Ogawatugawa

Smash Rookie
Just downloaded it off rapidshare instead, ALOT easier...

Btw the video was AWESOME! It explains everyhting in just the right amount of detail, and actually gives real-fight examples of how to use the techniques learned in the video. Is there any clue as to what techniques we could be viewing in the next few vids?

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm DLing it now...

It seems to work fine for Opera, if you just copy/paste that thing BTW. At least, I got to where I can DL it. I doubt I'll have any problems.

For those of you who have problems playing it...I have a VERY important acronym that you all should google:

VLC.

Get it, learn it, love it.

[Edit:]

Copy/paste works fine with Opera. Opens fine with VLC, too.

VLC is a movie player that plays ALL movies, regardless. I have yet to run into something it won't play. You really should do yourself a favor and get it.

[Edit:]

Last time I'll edit, I swear it.

Just watched it, great stuff mate. Props to ya. Thanks a ton for doing this, as it'll open up a lot of people to the advanced techniques without having to ask other people whom are less willing to give out information.

Cheers.

Ogawatugawa

Smash Rookie
It says in the other thread that you've completed everything in the 2nd video, so any clue as to when you'll be releasing it?(no intention of rushing you, sorry if it was sounding like i was.)

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
!!! That (AHTP, Part 1, Demo 1) was great! Keep up the awesome work ^__^
btw, I absolutely LOVE your avatar! so comical. lol. What/Where is it from (may I ask)?:laugh:
PS- I look forward to your next releases =P

InS

Smash Rookie
Still won't let me download it on rapidshare, can someone move it to a vaguely decent site please?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Heh I can't Dl off rapidshare either but I found that if you're using firefox you can get it with the other link, IE didn't work for me, I'll host it for you gimme a sec

Edit: gonna be 20 mins, find something to do.

Edit again: It's up! For any of you who can't get it off the 2 links provided, feel free to use this one:

http://www.filefactory.com/?b4cf63

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Inferno_blaze said:
Heh I can't Dl off rapidshare either but I found that if you're using firefox you can get it with the other link, IE didn't work for me, I'll host it for you gimme a sec

Edit: gonna be 20 mins, find something to do.

Edit again: It's up! For any of you who can't get it off the 2 links provided, feel free to use this one:

http://www.filefactory.com/?b4cf63
Thanks for uploading it from another host =)

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
This video is total faeces. I can't believe you would disgrace the sanctity of this forum with such garbage.
[/scarasm]

Bloody awesome, man. Really well-made. I'll show it to my brother, maybe he'll become semi-worthwhile competition.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Du travail de pro ! J'aurais aimé avoir ste genre d'aide là quand j'étais noob :D !

La première partie a tres bien couvert le sujet de comment débuté et l'editing etait magnifique (que sa soit dans la présentation ou dans les façons d'expliquer).

And snap le combo avec Falcon... How to own 101 :p

J'ai hate de voir le résultat avec les 4 autres videos ! Keep up the nice work ! Oh et, pourrais tu me dire c'est quoi le nom des chansons ambience que ta utilisées ? C'est trop bon :D

fraynerad3

Smash Rookie
Wow...

This is the best advanced techniques video I have ever seen it is great. This will help me make my transition from mediocre to good ^^. Thank you so much for making this video, please hurry with the other three parts! Thanks again, it really helped me out.

Rikana

Smash Champion
The video was great. It'll definately open up a new level for players who don't know how to do the advance techniques or even know about it. I found a spelling error though. :p At the wavedashing tutorial, you typed in "How to 'pratice' (without the 'c') wavedashing." Not that it matters, but thought I'd point that out if you ever needed to correct something as minor as that. I'll be looking forward to more videos posted by you in the near future. Thanks again for taking your time to teach people how to play with advance techniques. Keep up the good work!

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
hey Wak would you mind telling me what the tune is used in the vid, I recognise it but can't remember what it's from, is it an OC remix? I've heard the original tune but can't remember the name.

WhiteMarker

Smash Rookie
Any idea when we'll see the next video? This was amazing! I watched the included how to play video 15 times at least, and now this is a total eye-opener!

Sengin

Smash Ace
Inferno_blaze said:
hey Wak would you mind telling me what the tune is used in the vid, I recognise it but can't remember what it's from, is it an OC remix? I've heard the original tune but can't remember the name.
Triforce Majeure from OCRemix (it's from the Zelda series, pretty sure A Link to the Past for SNES).

Anyway, I must say I loved the vid, Wak. Thanks for taking over for Qwester. I've wanted to see the vid for a very long time. Now I can show this to my friends so they'll understand (I'm not the best of teachers, heh). I do have one..."qualm," so to speak. About the l-cancelling section, you said that you have to press L, R, or Z a quarter second before you land. Specifically, you have to press L, R, or Z 6 frames before reaching the ground, and with the GCN running at 60 frames per second, that's really only 1 tenth of a second. But what the hell, that's an extreme technicality :p

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
Wak, il est le pwnzor.

Good job, I'm glad to see that these will actually be of good quality, as there were many places a project like this could fail. You seem to be doing fine though, and I'm sure these vids will be useful for all kinds of people trying to learn more about the depth of the game.

Top Bottom