• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Isabelle might even truly be Mayor in the next one. Who knows?

I doubt they'll do the you as the Mayor angle again.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Coming from the Shantae Support Thread to say this:
Congratulations!
Glad to see your wish came true. : 3

And you even got more than you've bargained for, since she is more than just an Echo.
I'm glad for you, guys. ^w^

Let's hope for more awesome Newcomers (Shantae being my personal wish, for example). :D

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Where do people get this idea that Isabelle isn't popular? She's absurdly popular, just not as much in the Smash fanbase. She's a megaton character in her own right and people who insist that she was "out of left field" or didn't do well in the Ballot clearly haven't been paying attention. It's weird to me how wide spread this belief because it makes me wonder if people honestly think that Daisy was a totally random pick too.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Coming from the Shantae Support Thread to say this:
Congratulations!
Glad to see your wish came true. : 3

And you even got more than you've bargained for, since she is more than just an Echo.
I'm glad for you, guys. ^w^

Let's hope for more awesome Newcomers (Shantae being my personal wish, for example). :D
I am quite happy shes not just an echo, as I just assumed she was gonna be an echo haha.

I am still sure on shantae. I think we'll get a pokemon too. Retro as well. However, how many more newcomers after that? Isaac I think would be a good choice, as is geno. so 5 more characters? As for echos, we should still be getting a decent amount.Even though Isabelle is a unique, I still think they'll go dixie as an echo, as I don't see Sakurai giving any series this game 2 newcomers.

Where do people get this idea that Isabelle isn't popular? She's absurdly popular, just not as much in the Smash fanbase. She's a megaton character in her own right and people who insist that she was "out of left field" or didn't do well in the Ballot clearly haven't been paying attention. It's weird to me how wide spread this belief because it makes me wonder if people honestly think that Daisy was a totally random pick too.
Exactly. I really think people got themselves way too hyped due to the week long delay. thats whats making people react poorly.

Thank you!
Can we expect a fun short little Isabelle comic maybe?

Last edited:

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations to those that supported her! now that I've actually seen her in action, i'm actually debating on adding her to my list of potential mains.

I feel like this was the best possible time for her reveal to be honest, everyone has been expecting their "big hitter" characters like Issac, Geno, etc., and although she also had some speculation surrounding her, almost no one expected for her to be her own character. it really threw a wrench in everyone's expectations, and it's really refreshing to see the reveals differ from what people expect.

I have little to no attachment to Isabelle as a character, but I'm really happy to have her here, and am heavily considering picking her up due to the hate she's been getting. nothing would make me more happy than to body Isabelle hater's with Isabelle. she's so precious and doesn't deserve this negativity.

All that said... Could i get a Digby-inspired Color palette/alt?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I really hope all these people that want to play Isabelle to "beat the haters" do so, I'd love to beat her up as much as possible.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Isabelle deserved to not be an echo fighter. She deserved more than what people were giving her credit for, and I think Sakurai did it in the best possible way.

Also I think a Digby alt costume would be pretty cool. Some people said an echo but I think that's too much, even if I'd love it. Thanks for reading this tiny text, I appreciate you, and may all your dreams come true.

zferolie

Smash Hero
i said it earlier, but another image of the greatest fight about to happen

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Congrats Isabelle fans! Very happy to see that it played out so well for having another AC fighter and a new AC game! I only played the original DS one a bit but I definitely want to give the Switch one a go.

I'm also kinda curious about who will have the new role of giving out fruit/food to fighters like a different AC character or maybe even a pokeball summon like Chansey or Steenee.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be honest; the more undeserved salt she gets; the more I absolutely have fallen in love with Isabelle being her own unique thing. People getting so mad over this adorable little semi-clone is pretty ludicrous and kind of makes me wanna see Isabelle become top tier or somthing xD

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Omg I imagine with isabelle you could set up a gyroid mine then use the fishing pole command grab to pull them over to set off the gyroid.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Omg I imagine with isabelle you could set up a gyroid mine then use the fishing pole command grab to pull then over to set off the gyroid.
looking at the character spot light trailer, that seems like a really viable and good stratagy

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm gonna be honest; the more undeserved salt she gets; the more I absolutely have fallen in love with Isabelle being her own unique thing. People getting so mad over this adorable little semi-clone is pretty ludicrous and kind of makes me wanna see Isabelle become top tier or somthing xD
This is actually saddening. I love Smash speculation, but the worst part is always right after a trailer, where people cry that it's not THEIR character. And this happen to be worse when the character is cute or quirky like Wii Fit.

But yeah, this does makes me want to play Isabelle more personally! Gonna applaud everytime a character cannot recover. Or during a ragequit, ooooh the potential disrepect.

zferolie

Smash Hero
This is actually saddening. I love Smash speculation, but the worst part is always right after a trailer, where people cry that it's not THEIR character. And this happen to be worse when the character is cute or quirky like Wii Fit.

But yeah, this does makes me want to play Isabelle more personally! Gonna applaud everytime a character cannot recover. Or during a ragequit, ooooh the potential disrepect.
Its gonna happen no mater what. There will always be those entitled people who have to have what they want and anyone else is salty tears.

Be happy with the gamer we got. even if we get no one else, we still have 68 (72 if you count echos by themselves and pokemon trainer is 1) characters in this game. no other fighting game has had a roster this size. Even Mortal kombat Armageddon, the fighting game with the cloests roster size, had 62. we have 10 more fighters and more will be coming. why would one adorable pupper ruin a gain for you?

And yeah I will main her. I kinda liked villager but she seems a bit more fun and more my type. Also gonna main Daisy because Daisy is best princess and to beat up all those HI I'M DAISY haters.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm one of those people that honestly only thinks at most; one of their characters may be at risk because of Isabelle (Lip, but that's just cause her likelihood is questionable) and even then honestly I think Isabelle is just gonna be ANOTHER character; rather than taking anyone off my roster of 10 more unique newcomers lmao. But I guess that's why I put optimistic in my name. I know for sure Geno and Isaac and Skull Kid have not been affected in the slightest.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm one of those people that honestly only thinks at most; one of their characters may be at risk because of Isabelle (Lip, but that's just cause her likelihood is questionable) and even then honestly I think Isabelle is just gonna be ANOTHER character; rather than taking anyone off my roster of 10 more unique newcomers lmao. But I guess that's why I put optimistic in my name. I know for sure Geno and Isaac and Skull Kid have not been affected in the slightest.
I think we are getting 4-5 more newcomers myself. None of my wanted/expected ones are effected (shantae, a retro like lip or Donbe and Hikari, Gardevoir). Isaac still seems pretty solid. Its either Geno or a dragon quest rep. Skullkid though I am not sure on and feel he could be a boss(not just because of leakypandy) but if he's in cool.

I did have to drop Elma as I doubt shes making it now.

I also need to change an echo guess as isabelle is a unique now. I still think Shadow, Dixie, Medusa, Akuma/Ken, Black shadow, and Impa as set. I guess Ms Pac Man and ninten or Britany as a olimar echo?

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
I think it's saying something when City Folk on the Wii did worse than Splatoon 1 on the Wii U.

I'd be less selfish if I had a feeling that there was gonna be another Direct. We've had five directs this year, and I expect them to slow down.
Also, no, this wasn't trolling. I understand if you hate me, but I'm a little angry at this Direct.
Folks, this here is what we call either a troll, a child, or an imbecile.

This person goes through the trouble of making AC sound unpopular by comparing one of the worst-selling game in the series to one of the best selling new IPs Nintendo has had since Wii Sports, yet doesn't bother mentioning the game Isabelle debuted in, which sold 11m+ copies.

He also believes that his oh-so-precious character not showing up ruins everything and gives him an excuse to acts like a spoiled brat.

Do not be this person, folks. Be respectful of characters getting in.

With that said, I come from the Bandana Brigade to congratulate you guys having Isabelle in the game. I was definitely expecting her to show up, but being her own unique character is really a treat!

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
Isabelle might even truly be Mayor in the next one. Who knows?

I doubt they'll do the you as the Mayor angle again.
God please yes, that poor girl deserves a promotion for being such a good and hard worker.

I think if they go with that angle, they will let us choose between a few jobs in the next AC game. In any case, I'm super hyped for the next game and I'm sure that it will be the best in the saga. Mark my words

gebi

Cloud Prince
A character i was expecting but didn't necessarily want all that much but i am still happy about. the idea of her being an echo felt off so i am glad she is a semi clone and she looks fun! congrats guys! She deserved it.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
This person goes through the trouble of making AC sound unpopular by comparing one of the worst-selling game in the series to one of the best selling new IPs Nintendo has had since Wii Sports, yet doesn't bother mentioning the game Isabelle debuted in, which sold 11m+ copies.
What was the best selling Nintendo home console ever? What was the worst?
Also, "one of the worst selling game". Best grammatical error ever.
Also also, you get onto me for choosing one of the worst selling, then tell me to look at the BEST selling for comparison. Half the series sold less than ten million.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It makes me wonder what attack her fishing pole is supposed to be. We saw that she grabs with a net like Villager so maybe it's her side special. If true, that's a busted AF command grab and will no doubt be one of the most salt inducing moves in the game if it can reasonably kill.

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
What was the best selling Nintendo home console ever? What was the worst?
Also, "one of the worst selling game". Best grammatical error ever.
Also also, you get onto me for choosing one of the worst selling, then tell me to look at the BEST selling for comparison. Half the series sold less than ten million.
New Leaf sold 11.78 million copies, my dude.

Also, picking on grammar instead of making actual arguments doesn't help you at all.

Isabelle was shown off today to alongside the new Animal Crossing tease, which people have been begging for for a year now. This was the perfect time to show her in the game.

Stop being a baby and get over yourself. This direct wasn't Smash focused, so be happy we got someone at all.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
It makes me wonder what attack her fishing pole is supposed to be. We saw that she grabs with a net like Villager so maybe it's her side special. If true, that's a busted AF command grab and will no doubt be one of the most salt inducing moves in the game if it can reasonably kill.
Im super excited about the fishing pole move, I love Villager but was disappointed that he didn’t have it considering how much you fish in animal Crossing. I can’t wait to pull people into Lloyd mines.

I wonder what exactly you can do with it. Can you angle it? How long can it stay extended? Can you grab items with it? Can’t wait to find out!

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
my guess is it is her Side B, and I'm thinking if it whiffs it might have a lot of recovery frames. we see her slowly reel it back in during her character trailer on the site, but i'm guessing it's likely that it'll stay out if you hold B. otherwise, we haven't seen her retract the fishing line if it missed, so it's kind of an unknown factor about that move at the moment.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
New Leaf sold 11.78 million copies, my dude.
Which is about as much as both home console games made, combined. There are only four AT games besides spinoffs, and whaddya know, two of them sold less than 10 million.
This direct wasn't Smash focused, so be happy we got someone at all.
Everything else in the Direct was stuff we already knew about besides LM3 and ACS. When there's a Nintendo Direct, I expect either one big character reveal if it's around Smash or new games being thrown left and right. This was disappointing.

Last edited:

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
It looks to me that the fishing pole is a side-B command grab with a lot of lag if you fail. Seems you can hold it out there too.

I wonder if it can grab ledge. I kinda hope so, because her up-B looks pretty unsafe.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
A little but congratulations Isabelle supporters!

I used to be against her inclusion and thought she’d be better off remaining as an AT but I’m actually quite happy she’s in.

Thank god she isn’t an Echo like everyone expected her to be, now people can stop assuming that every existing character is obliged to get an Echo fighter then they easily be semi-clones at best.
Just because it can happen doesn’t mean it will.

It’s insane we have a game where pudgy italian plumbers, fitness trainers, puppy secretaries, boxers, and a bloodthirsty space dragon can all fight together at the same time.

I still hoping for Isaac, Banjo etc but I hope you guys enjoy Isabelle whom I try out myself.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
This Reddit page has listed gif's of Isabelle's moves/animations - pretty handy. While I'm not really into figuring out which move is which, I'm really digging her animations, fits her character perfectly.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It looks to me that the fishing pole is a side-B command grab with a lot of lag if you fail. Seems you can hold it out there too.

I wonder if it can grab ledge. I kinda hope so, because her up-B looks pretty unsafe.
It looks like it's possible to fish way past the ledge, so it might actually be a great tool for people off the edge, even if it doesn't edge guard
Who knows the potential tho :) I'm excited to uncover what she can do.

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
Which is about as much as both home console games made, combined. There are only four AT games besides spinoffs, and whaddya know, two of them sold less than 10 million.
I'm not sure how you don't see how backwards you sound right now, because that's a pretty impressive feat for New Leaf. That means that it has outperformed all sales its predecessors made with a single game, and those past games were still seen as popular games.

"Under 10 million" is still a massive amount of sales. 2 million sales for the original AC still put it in the top 50 sold games of that era, and one of the top GameCube games ever sold. You're making extremely high standards if you need to hit 10 million to be a popular game.

Ok, ok. Let's go ahead and take your logic for a bit. City Folk didn't do all that well for your standards. Fine. Isabelle was never in City Folk. Her first game is New Leaf, a game that sold incredibly well (the 5th best on the 3DS), and she had the biggest role in that game as the player's secretary. She became an immediate fan-favorite in this extremely popular game. Wouldn't you think it makes sense to make the most important character in the most popular Animal Crossing game represent Smash?

And I'm not even gonna bother with your other comment, since that's more preference. I'm sure you don't care about Katamari or Final Fantasy, and most of the news was spilled out due to the delay, which isn't the Direct's fault. And even then, most Directs do plenty of recapping anyway.
Your logic makes little sense, and you're clearly just trolling or still salty somehow. I'm not gonna bother arguing anymore. If you don't like that she's here, don't bother posting in her support/discussion thread.

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Congratulations Isabelle's fans! She looks pretty cool to play as!

(and she's more female representation, so is super cool)

Xigger

Smash Lord
I think it's going to be a great edge-guard technique, if it can grab airborne fighters.

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
I think it's going to be a great edge-guard technique, if it can grab airborne fighters.
That's probably the coolest use for it. She might be able to force people to risk the grab or the air dodge unsafely.

I also really hope it can grab ledge. Partially because that image is funny to me for some reason.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Maybe there's ways it could, but really it's hard to tell because it looks like a command grab, so you'd be bringing them to you on stage :p

Last edited:

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
Maybe there's ways it could, but really it's hard to tell because it looks like a command grab, so you'd be bringing them to you on stage :p
Well, in a situation they would more than likely get back anyway, you could fish for them. If timed right, you'd force them to either air dodge to their doom or take the grab. I can honestly see it being very dangerous if used right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom