• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

ComboFest

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure i can just give you a ride there anto, cause i don't feel like drinking, or i might pass out cause i might feel like drinking. And stab take me with you on friday if you are going to stay there for a long time.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
i'm pretty sure i can just give you a ride there anto, cause i don't feel like drinking, or i might pass out cause i might feel like drinking. And stab take me with you on friday if you are going to stay there for a long time.
Aight, for sure dawg. I'll be leaving around 2/3, cuz it starts at 4

I MIGHT be leaving at 1ish, but just assume I'm not unless I let you know that I will be

Xacius

Smash Apprentice
Prepare to drink edition?

Time to say goodbye to my alcohol tolerance break. If I drive there, can I just pass out on your couch and then drive home in the middle of the night or whenever I wake up?
lol for sure man. We have plenty of couches.

Dark souls is ****ing hard, but fun as ****. I wouldn't drink heavily with smash though.

Xacius

Smash Apprentice
So... the latest Project:M playtester version was just leaked by an anonymous source... Who wants to play? All characters are in and some still need work, but most important is the complete engine overhaul. They've eliminated the 1-frame delay and the game runs as close to melee as possible. Still slight differences here and there, but nothing major. Bring your equipment (TV's, wii's, etc...)

It's streamin' time. I'll be streaming tomorrow night as well if you can't make it tonight.

Edit: Fox, Mario, and Link are currently bugged, but all other characters work just fine. Holy **** this game is awesome. Falco feels exactly like melee. I'll be doing some testing on the others.

maaaaaaaaaaatt, I'll text you, but take me too.

Also, xaccy, you're da man
I love you too, Anto. Now get the **** over here so I can practice against your Samus.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Hi Xacius.

It sounds like you may have obtained a leaked nightly build, good for you. I'm going to start with a benevolent appeal to you -- if you appreciate the tens of thousands of hours of work that have gone into Project M, you'll respect my simple request to enjoy this bugged / somewhat unrepresentative build by yourself, offline.

Streaming this build to get yourself views would be a pretty selfish / immature response to the work we've done.

Anyways, that's the nice request. Let's leave it at that, yes?

Same goes for anyone else thinking of streaming leaked stuff.

EDIT: OH, and a word to the wise, a build from some time in August irreversibly corrupted save game data under various conditions. Dunno what build you have but there's a reason we don't share our WIP stuff. Enjoy.

Hero of Courage

Smash Rookie
I tried that build and promptly deleted it. It did something and I don't know what but it freezes. When I load demo 2.1 , I still get a freeze. They weren't kidding about it being experimental. That sucks.

Xacius

Smash Apprentice
Hi Xacius.

It sounds like you may have obtained a leaked nightly build, good for you. I'm going to start with a benevolent appeal to you -- if you appreciate the tens of thousands of hours of work that have gone into Project M, you'll respect my simple request to enjoy this bugged / somewhat unrepresentative build by yourself, offline.

Streaming this build to get yourself views would be a pretty selfish / immature response to the work we've done.

Anyways, that's the nice request. Let's leave it at that, yes?

Same goes for anyone else thinking of streaming leaked stuff.

EDIT: OH, and a word to the wise, a build from some time in August irreversibly corrupted save game data under various conditions. Dunno what build you have but there's a reason we don't share our WIP stuff. Enjoy.
You're the only person that has actually attempted to be nice about this. I thank you for that.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Do as you wish, but keep in mind if you stream a leak or play it with anyone then we will heavily consider that fact if you ever apply to join the PMBR.

Xacius

Smash Apprentice
Do as you wish, but keep in mind if you stream a leak or play it with anyone then we will heavily consider that fact if you ever apply to join the PMBR.
After speaking to a few backroom people I'm now under the impression that, even if I were to apply as an animator through demonstration of good work, my chances of getting on the team are "low," simply because I've been "involved in a leak."

Not my words.

For the record, passive aggressive threats are not normally a viable means of coercion. Might wanna write that one down.

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Even if we did play that leaked version of project m, I don't think we care enough about it to do anything with the information other than our typical 'melee's better' ramblings.

You project m guys need to relaaaax. Also, lucario is dumb and isn't anything like a melee character.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Xacius when does smashfest start?

I tried that build and promptly deleted it. It did something and I don't know what but it freezes. When I load demo 2.1 , I still get a freeze. They weren't kidding about it being experimental. That sucks.
YO, YOU LIVE IN PORTOLA HILLS TOO?? LETS PLAY LOL

Kinda new here, so I have no idea where Festizzio's is located. Anyone want to help me out?
It's in chatsworth

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Dude, thinking up routines is so tiring. I only have one routine and it's kind of dumb.

let's just make a combo/tech skill video.

DJMirror

Smash Master
You project m guys need to relaaaax.
I 100% agree with this. If anything the Project M Staffs should've select "trustworthy" members or taken special precaution to prevent the leak. I'm sure by streaming the building (nonbuggy one if possible) would give more exposure & interest to the project than just leaving it there being like almost nonexistence. Hell, it took me like 5 minutes to remember what is Project M since I haven't been paying attention much to it for over a year. Or that you can't stream it because you don't have Nintendo's permission (I don't know what's the law is or anything so excuse me on that)

Even if we did play that leaked version of project m, I don't think we care enough about it to do anything with the information other than our typical 'melee's better' ramblings.
At the end of the day, if I get a choice of playing Melee or Project M...I'll play both if possible but if you ask me which one I like to play? Good Ol' Melee

That post seem kinda rude tho, it could've been dealt better imo. Xacius, Good **** on the streaming stuff, i look forward to it

Xacius

Smash Apprentice
I 100% agree with this. If anything the Project M Staffs should've select "trustworthy" members or taken special precaution to prevent the leak. I'm sure by streaming the building (nonbuggy one if possible) would give more exposure & interest to the project than just leaving it there being like almost nonexistence. Hell, it took me like 5 minutes to remember what is Project M since I haven't been paying attention much to it for over a year. Or that you can't stream it because you don't have Nintendo's permission (I don't know what's the law is or anything so excuse me on that)

At the end of the day, if I get a choice of playing Melee or Project M...I'll play both if possible but if you ask me which one I like to play? Good Ol' Melee

That post seem kinda rude tho, it could've been dealt better imo. Xacius, Good **** on the streaming stuff, i look forward to it
Thanks... Yeah, they've been rather rude about the whole thing. I didn't do anything wrong. I simply downloaded a leak with more characters and better gameplay. Can't blame me for being curious. And whose fault is the leak anyway? I'll be supporting the community by letting them know that work is still being done. While the characters in the leaked build aren't entirely finished, it will be fine. I've seen streams of unfinished characters before, and all it did was promote the game's popularity.

The version has worked flawlessly for me. Given their negativity about the whole thing, I'll probably be streaming it this weekend and often in the future. They shouldn't have been rude in the first place.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Xacius, just saying, I had no idea that you had apologized and decided not to stream Project M and thus I was personally rude in ignorance to you. I take full responsibility for it. Don't take my words to represent the general PMBR attitude. I invite you to contact me. I PMed you my contact info.

Xacius

Smash Apprentice
Xacius, just saying, I had no idea that you had apologized and decided not to stream Project M and thus I was personally rude in ignorance to you. I take full responsibility for it. Don't take my words to represent the general PMBR attitude. I invite you to contact me. I PMed you my contact info.
After all of this, I'm not entirely sure that's the best course of action. Look, I've been searching all day for the proper version of brawlbox. Finally got it to work, and I've even started some animation work for the project. You can imagine how disappointed I was to find out that my involvement wouldn't be possible due to downloading a leak that your team let happen. I understand you were unaware of my response to strongbad and choice to not stream, so I think I'll reconsider, but you need to see this from my perspective. I've been streaming Project:M for months now, promoting all of the hard work you and the team have done, and so far I've been treated pretty poorly.

Get me in a conference with you and 2 other members of the backroom. Then we'll talk.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol PMBR conspiracy theories.

We had a misunderstanding, a friendly chat, and we cleared it up. Everyone's happy and we can move on.

Top Bottom