• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

ComboFest

Smash Lord
i did, but now it's lost.

for a quick solution, spray some WD-40 on in the crack of that sucker (L button, lol).
Should do the trick.
Just wipe off what you can with a paper towel after.
Just spray small amounts until you get the desired effect (or in this case, solution).
Where do it get WD-40?

JDM

Smash Champion
@Rob: Yeah I can arrange something on Friday.

おまえの日本語はとてもじょうずです!

@Anto: Sup. Don't worry, my SRK username is my last name lol.

@Paul: Dont do what Cameron just said.

GSUB

Smash Lord
DO IT!!! lol...
actually i hate playing against falcons and i'm just trying to sabotage you!!!

and it's perfectly safe if your only spraying it enough to only coat the surface of L button, not to get into the internals! (maybe some people aren't skilled enough to handle that though... so it's up to you)

GSUB

Smash Lord
Okay... lol.

Then just try scratching all the muck off of your L button, and find a way to get to the button in the crevice, and scratch the gunk off.

Until you find a tri-wing, or a broke/luck philip's head, this is all you can do.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
i have a triwing (AND A SETUP NOW)!!!! :D

if i make it on the list this friday ill bring it

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
is anyone down for like kbbq and karaoke or something else on friday or saturday afternoon/night?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
私も一緒に日本語を話したいですよ。おかみ、どんな教科書を使いますか。

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I don't recognize the two kanji after "donna" but if I'm answering you're question correctly...the book: Nakama (1a and 1b). I'm in Japanese 102 right now. Next semester will be 201. This is my second semester though, so I don't recognize all kanji. Like we haven't learned the third kanji you used, 緒, but I can tell from the context it's いっしょに. How many semesters/years have you taken, Rei?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
well since the UC system is quarters i've taken 5 quarters. i move to 2C next quarter. my textbook is youkoso! for 1ABC and youkoso! continuing for 2AB. i haven't been told what textbook i am going to use for 2C.

教科書: kyou ka sho

Kira-

Smash Champion
I hate you guys for having the time to learn japanese! Maybe I'll have the time to pick it up if I get on the Uberman Sleep Schedule. http://vladdolezal.com/blog/2008/ub...dibly-awesome-mind-states-you-can-experience/
Hah, I've heard about that and I'm just not convinced that it's anything more than a gimmick. Or that it's healthy for you at all. The way that guy describes it even sounds like an infomercial. "As soon as I heard about this, I just knew I had to try it!" LOL

Kira-

Smash Champion
I just thought of an amazing new way to entertain myself.

I can't wait to play some smash =)

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
I miss 949 :[ ... New scheduling a work due to people quitting, etc, means I can't go to irvine on Fridays until late. Boooooo

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Don't do it! You know there's times when we want to smash for more than 4 hours.
i think its time to multitask!! :D

learn korean while smashing anyone?

and CHARLES!!!!! dont give in to ****ty hours! come play smash!!!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
nope okami, I'm going back to norcal :)

but I am going to be ready to **** when I get back (sadly when you probably won't still be here :()

also I may be a japanese noob, but I can recognise haruyasumi just by its word parts >_>

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
@chris yeah imma try to figure out a way i can still come up. theres gotta be someone who doesnt have anything to do on fridays lol

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
well all i know is that it is graduate housing only.

i think its located between middle earth and vdc norte

a bike would help but walking isn't terrible

plus i think there should be shuttles running nearby

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Yeah, the shuttles run through palo verde...there's a central bus stop there. I'd get a bike or just get used to walking a few minutes on to campus though, imo it's easier.

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
I'm considering residing in Palo Verde when I go to UCI. Thoughts?
Palo Verde can be a nice place for a bachelor's pad and you only have to worry about paying for rent and electricity since the other utilities are taken care of. I'd watch out if UCI decides to increase their housing rates again, but I'd still probably take something the school offers over off-campus housing. Like what some of the others mentioned before, a bike would probably be recommended to get to and around campus.

Oh, and good luck to those of you with papers/finals coming up! Finish this quarter strong!

Top Bottom