• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
who wants to see rhcp in feb 26 at the staples center?

i got a presale password for tomorrow

Signia

Smash Lord
Instead of buying that bundle I downloaded a SNES emulator and a Megaman X "ROM." The nostalgia hits me like train... I was 4 years old when I last played it

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
Instead of buying that bundle I downloaded a SNES emulator and a Megaman X "ROM." The nostalgia hits me like train... I was 4 years old when I last played it
i play mm2 almost every freaking day.

but i'm still horrible at it.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i never heard of any of those games

i think you guys mentioned cave story once

:phone:

Signia

Smash Lord
Yeah I have Cave Story. It's pretty good, it takes a while to get hard though. The game gives you a bit too much invincibility after getting hit and your health bar is huge. After you get the jetpack thingy the game gets really fun. Whooaaa they added some cool stuff in Cave Story+. They expanded the jetpack part of the game!

2D side scrollers are really fun with the arcade stick. In MMX I can do dash->jumps while always shooting or charging up because my fingers are all on the buttons. I would kill for X to be a Melee character :(

Super Meatboy looks fun, you can tell the creators are big fans of IWBTG (another great platformer). You can unlock a bunch of different characters that have different movement mechanics, too.

Edit: ok I bought the bundle

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Right after I finish my finals, I'm going to play cavestory+ and watch spirited away. The worst game there is Nightsky HD and...it's kind of mediocre. I've heard nice things about all the other games though. It
s worth it even if you were buying the bundle for just Cavestory, BiT. Trip Runner, and Super Meat Boy.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Cave Story is fun. I wasn't crazy about it when I first played through it (although I still enjoyed it), but I became a considerably bigger fan after doing all of the hidden stuff.

Signia

Smash Lord
Cave Story is fun. I wasn't crazy about it when I first played through it (although I still enjoyed it), but I became a considerably bigger fan after doing all of the hidden stuff.
I had a similar experience. I was like *yawn* until Final Cave and Running Hell. The Cave Story+ trailer showed new stuff that looked as exciting as that. The whole game should be like that!

Getting the jetpack is like MMX after you unlock the dash, the game gets twice as fast.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Oh yeah, Dave ***** and handed me Settlers of Catan for the Melee community. So we definitely have to play it when Rei comes back from palmdale (or if we have a smashfest somewhere else during winterbreak).

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Important tournament *****

Now that I have your attention

Tournament this weekend, who wants to go???!!!!!!! There are two and I'm deciding which to go to. They're both gonna have vegas melee players lol

1. Saturday, Northridge
Pros
Closer
Johnny is going
Cons
Venue fee is 5 bucks more (3 bucks more if you pre-reg)

2. Sunday, Festizzios
Pros
Possibly higher attendance due to it being familiar to a lot of players
kevin is going
cons
farther than northridge

So sunday tourney or sat tourney? I'm trying to decide, so whoever wants to go should post their opinion.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Paul I want you to know that your Falcon is way better than Dave's Fox/Falcon

***** those two characters so hard

gonna **** his Falco next

Signia

Smash Lord
My opinion: SoCal Regionals at UCI this weekend
Soul Calibur V demo playable all day

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
Hey i just wanted to say that im going to be visiting family in West LA from sunday to wednesday and then im visiting more family in palm springs till I think saturday. I'll probably be busy on Sunday and Monday but after that i could go to any fest if something was happening. Idk where all the people in socal are at but if you want message me for my number and id love to smash with you guys

ComboFest

Smash Lord
I don't know when we smash. Stab (Stabbedbyanipple) usually makes it all happen so PM him if you want to play.
I have been watching a lot of Monk. Still amazing.

Top Bottom