• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can't work out. I have to keep my body nice and slim for the men.

Signia

Smash Lord
Why work out Tuan? Seriously?
-get stronger
-feel more energetic
-look sexier
-be healthier

5x5 + swimming = ****

Also, powercleans destroy my wrists.
this "Strong Lifts 5x5" has you do barbell rows instead of powercleans for some reason. I think it's because the form for that is hard to get down and the program is meant to be beginner friendly. Look at videos and see how each of these is done first before you start.

5x5 Workout A
Squat 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Barbell Rows 5x5

StrongLifts 5x5 Workout B
Squat 5x5
Overhead Press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5

Switch off each workout every other day (3 times per week), moving up 5 pounds each day you do each workout. Start with just the olympic bar (45 lb), except with dead lifts start at 95 lb and go up by 10. This makes you feel like you're getting strong really fast and then all of sudden you'll be lifting more than you ever thought you could. This also ensures you don't hurt yourself since you start small and work your way up.

yall should start using what you learned about self-improvement from playing fighting games and apply it your own life.

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
Why work out Tuan? Seriously?
-get stronger
-feel more energetic
-look sexier
-be healthier

this "Strong Lifts 5x5" has you do barbell rows instead of powercleans for some reason. I think it's because the form for that is hard to get down and the program is meant to be beginner friendly. Look at videos and see how each of these is done first before you start.

5x5 Workout A
Squat 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Barbell Rows 5x5

StrongLifts 5x5 Workout B
Squat 5x5
Overhead Press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5

Switch off each workout every other day (3 times per week), moving up 5 pounds each day you do each workout. Start with just the olympic bar (45 lb), except with dead lifts start at 95 lb and go up by 10. This makes you feel like you're getting strong really fast and then all of sudden you'll be lifting more than you ever thought you could. This also ensures you don't hurt yourself since you start small and work your way up.

yall should start using what you learned about self-improvement from playing fighting games and apply it your own life.
if you take me to a gym every weekend i'd do it. but i don't have a place i can get to with equipment

Signia

Smash Lord
I'd see if you can use your school's gym. My high school's weight room was way better than the family gym I go to now. It's important you work out every other day though, or else you'll never stop getting sore. Workouts should take like 15 min at first, for me right now it takes an hour. Just 3 hours out of my week, that's it.

If you decide to do it you read this http://stronglifts.com/free-stronglifts-5x5-report/ and skip the testimonials

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
my place has a gym/pool which you can use
I don't need a pass or anything to use uci's gym? o-o

I'd see if you can use your school's gym. My high school's weight room was way better than the family gym I go to now. It's important you work out every other day though, or else you'll never stop getting sore. Workouts should take like 15 min at first, for me right now it takes an hour. Just 3 hours out of my week, that's it.
i actually can't use my school's gym unless i have p.e. clothes, and i don't take p.e. so i don't have a set.

MacD

Banned via Administration
ok, but that isn't as bad

like to use your high school's gym you have to have work out clothes then whatever

but you have to have the school's PE clothes??? so dumb

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
Stronglifts 5x5 right? I'm on week 8 or something. Everybody should be do this workout routine if you can afford a gym membership or if your school has a power rack. Google the routine, you do three exercises every other day and you start with just the bar no matter how much you can lift so you don't have to feel embarrassed since it's part of the program to start small and go up in a linear progression as long as you can while you practice your form.
agreed .

dave where are you at?

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Guys, long beach tournament this weekend!

Who wants to go?

Spenser? Paul? Shoumei? Ryan? Tuan? Fly? Kevin? Micheal? Others?

Actually, we should probably get 2 cars

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
The 12th is a Saturday.

I'm interested in going to Champ's. Matt, it's been too long since we've teamed.

Top Bottom