• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
cheese won more money than pp and armada

i would be mad too

wow, just reading the posts from the brawl kids really demonstrates how stupid their community is

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
I wonder why the thread got closed.
because too many people who didnt win money were posting things like "man **** plank this is bull****" .. blah blah blah. then there were the people defending plank getting in fights with ally and them or whoever. basically the whole thread went from respectable shoutouts and stuff to angry brawl mob (with some melee players), plus threats of legal action lol. so yeah it would make sense to have a mod lock it before it got any more out of hand

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
i think it does. it isnt an entire thread dedicated to talking **** about plank, but this affects wayyy more people lol

Signia

Smash Lord
lol, you just can't do that... doesn't matter what the excuses are. He could end up with the same fate as DancingFighterG. DFG was a prominent TO and he similarly ****ed up, he may have pocketed some prize money or ran some terrible events or something. Completely screwed up the SCIV nationals in late 08 (early 09?). I think he's kinda blacklisted as a TO now.

Jun.

Smash Lord
I recall a similar instance at Activegamers Coast2Coast where Hugo promised a certain placement prize money and did not follow through. Kira complained and I believe he walked away with at least something.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I recall a similar instance at Activegamers Coast2Coast where Hugo promised a certain placement prize money and did not follow through. Kira complained and I believe he walked away with at least something.
Hugo also didn't have to pay thousands of dollars. But I was thankful for his honesty/integrity. It seems like if Hugo owed people thousands of dollars because of his own mistake, he would still attempt to pay people back eventually. I don't know Plank very well but it does not look like he's willing to do the same thing.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I said 80 at first

but I'll make it 70

of course i'll let you see the condition it is in first

I don't want my ds anymore since I played all the games I want on the DS

Top Bottom