• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
You can moonwalk in Project M. I really like using Pikachu best, then Fox and Toon Link. :)

And Dracula's Castle is pretty interesting, but the blast zones are big, so Pikachu lives forever. I wrecked someone's Sheik. I think it was Cooper's.

shanus

Smash Hero
yeah you can use the z button to l-cancel in project m. However, we haven't figured out how to fix L-cancels during hitlag yet (so that the l-cancel timer doesnt decrement during hitlag if you begin the lcancel during hitlag, making them significantly harder to time)

code is work-in-progress

Kira-

Smash Champion
Can you L Cancel with the Z button in Project M? Because I couldn't nair shines like in Melee or is it because the timing is off?

And I couldn't PC ledgehog in Project M so I hate it now.
timing is different, at least it was the last time i played

anything pc does is **** lol

yeah you can use the z button to l-cancel in project m. However, we haven't figured out how to fix L-cancels during hitlag yet (so that the l-cancel timer doesnt decrement during hitlag if you begin the lcancel during hitlag, making them significantly harder to time)

code is work-in-progress
the timer decremented in melee as well, just that melee is much faster so it was harder to tell. but yeah, fixing that would make it LESS like melee

shanus

Smash Hero
Incorrect. If you lcancel prior to hitlag, it decrements during hitlag. If you lcancel durint hitlag (which currently doesnt work in PM) then it doesnt decrement until after hitlag ends. This has been confirmed by magus if you dont believe me :p

We do our research to make things match as closely as possible

Kira-

Smash Champion
Incorrect. If you lcancel prior to hitlag, it decrements during hitlag. If you lcancel durint hitlag (which currently doesnt work in PM) then it doesnt decrement until after hitlag ends. This has been confirmed by magus if you dont believe me :p

We do our research to make things match as closely as possible
Oh. I'm guessing it changes my fastfall timing instead, giving it the illusion that the L cancel timing is different? Because I do have to adjust depending on whether I hit them or not (or how the move comes out). I believe you, just trying to figure it out lol

Signia

Smash Lord
That's the auto grab scrub friendly version that anybody can do.

I'm like the only person in SoCal that does PC ledgehogs every match.
pshh I PC edgehog all the time. Ever try dashing and then hitting down a bit before dropping from the ledge, so that the dash cancels into a walk so you can PC hog? Doing that, combined with fastfalling, makes for a very fast edgehog.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
What's wrong with running shine turn around wavedash off and grab the edge? Or better yet, you people should learn how to go off the edge and trade hits, knowing you'll make it back and the other person won't. That's what I learned from Jetfour. :)

shanus

Smash Hero
Oh. I'm guessing it changes my fastfall timing instead, giving it the illusion that the L cancel timing is different? Because I do have to adjust depending on whether I hit them or not (or how the move comes out). I believe you, just trying to figure it out lol
The best timing is to do it during hitlag (as long as your close enough to the ground afterwards) as then your L-cancel window will be hitlag duration + 7 frames as opposed to just 7 frames.

Signia

Smash Lord
Interesting, I didn't know the l-cancelling during hitlag "buffers" it. It's nice know how the game actually works, and it's surprising how little there is on the game's mechanics on these boards. The existing sticky threads on the melee boards don't sufficiently explain how everything works. The DI thread is just a bunch of Magus quotes, last I checked.

I wish every game would be more up-front about how the game works. The Call of Duty games misrepresent gun stats in all of their games, using misleading stat bars which are flat out wrong in some cases when you look at the actual numbers. Most fighting games don't tell you **** either.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
yo pink reaper how do you become a pokemon master on the boards?

besides catching them all?

Kira-

Smash Champion
Mm I don't think so, but some people prefer it. I think falco is great in teams, but it can be tough for him to get back on his feet if he gets knocked down. Plus as fox how easy is it to spam the simple upsmash/upthrow mixup and spam bairs.

Falco has to think about his approaches a bit more, can't spam lasers quite as much (ppl laser their teammates sooo much), and doesn't have those easy kill options. a little tougher to play safe imho

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
yo pink reaper how do you become a pokemon master on the boards?

besides catching them all?
Emmm, as of right now there really is no way, but that doesnt matter since the group is going to be disbanded in the next few days. The moderators of the Poke Center are setting up a new form of contest to get the pokeball postbit though so if you really want it just keep an eye out on the PC for an announcement.

/probably shouldnt have told you that.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Emmm, as of right now there really is no way, but that doesnt matter since the group is going to be disbanded in the next few days. The moderators of the Poke Center are setting up a new form of contest to get the pokeball postbit though so if you really want it just keep an eye out on the PC for an announcement.

/probably shouldnt have told you that.
its ok im really bad at contests :/ thanks for the heads though <3

oh and thanks kira :D

Kira-

Smash Champion
new pc

hey

making my new pc, parts come very soon

anyone wanna help me? like.. don't put anything together yourself but like make sure i dont break anything. basically teaching me to fish, if you will

2 things:

1. apparently the case doesn't have a bios speaker, dunno if i should order one from antec or something. some feedback on parts mentioned that they had to change a couple bios settings to make it run right but nothing big, hopefully this isn't hard.
2. hopefully i can find a monitor/keyboard/mouse to use in time, most likely i will have them\

3. also heard that the cables were a hassle to clean up, i guessed that this was not a legitimate concern and that i can make it work, but im putting it here in case it is a problem

MacD

Banned via Administration
lol you got this dave, only sad thing is it's not portable ie taking it to cam's

also does anyone wanna go to festizzio's thing on sunday, we still got 2 spots

$5 gas money at most, and you'll get to play with people who aren't able to come to irvine for tournies

EDIT: lol dave you turned 2 into 3 but didn't reformat or change your number, fail edit

DJMirror

Smash Master
hey

making my new pc, parts come very soon

anyone wanna help me? like.. don't put anything together yourself but like make sure i dont break anything. basically teaching me to fish, if you will

2 things:

1. apparently the case doesn't have a bios speaker, dunno if i should order one from antec or something. some feedback on parts mentioned that they had to change a couple bios settings to make it run right but nothing big, hopefully this isn't hard.
2. hopefully i can find a monitor/keyboard/mouse to use in time, most likely i will have them\

3. also heard that the cables were a hassle to clean up, i guessed that this was not a legitimate concern and that i can make it work, but im putting it here in case it is a problem
i would like to help.

Kira-

Smash Champion
lol you got this dave, only sad thing is it's not portable ie taking it to cam's

EDIT: lol dave you turned 2 into 3 but didn't reformat or change your number, fail edit
yeah i did that on purpose, i actually had 3 in there before the edit but oh well

i dunno if i want to take it to cams, seems like everything randomly breaks there lol. im taking dam good care of this thing, well ventilated area, no mess around it, etc etc

i would like to help.
u can come, i dont think you've ever made a computer before though lol

maybe i'll just go to thunderclouds place or something and make it there? if it's cool with him anyway

GSUB

Smash Lord
I can help.. =p
I've built my own computer/s.

actually just remembered i can't cause I don't drive, lol.
You could probably put it together without anyones help Dave, you're a smart dude. I think you can do it..
That's how I figured out myself, just learning alone by taking stuff apart.
You got this! And you'll feel super accomplished, lol.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I have decided that I'm going to sell two of my sticks soon. After I do some thinking about it.

JDM

Smash Champion
Just let Rei borrow your PS2 stick and let me borrow your PS3 stick for a long time so they get some use to the people that want to play.

Top Bottom