• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

MacD

Banned via Administration
connor is part of the cam's house crew whether you like it or not

and dave might not be playing but he still *****, he'd tap those falcon's

DJMirror

Smash Master
Kira should teach me how to be korean and make me at least play SC2 D=
Just pick it up. Your Korean blood will boil, your Koreaness will burst through and the next few seconds you'll **** some pro from the Diamond League just like Kira (who's was ranked bronze and he ***** alot of gold and plautium rank players.

Truth.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
In my opinion only...I'm fine with Connor being 949, but his house still resides in the boundaries of Garden Grove or wherever it is :p (at least until he actually starts living in the city limits of Irvine for longer than a month straight)
jesus christ will DROP this already? Honestly, I don't want to associate myself with 949. You guys are scrubs. I'm just part of Cameron's house. If there really was AZ vs 949, I will not be apart of it. It's not like they need me to **** you guys anyways.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Lol I am terrible at SC2. With school starting and me working full time I probably won't have a chance to play it as much anymore.. well at least I shouldn't have a chance but I'm sure I'll find time to skimp on hw and play instead.

and lol, thanks mccain for saying i **** but out of everything i really think my smash skill has gone down the most.. anyway if there was magically a 949 vs AZ crew battle i'd love to play, although I think Taj/Forward/Wobbles/Aze would definitely **** everyone who isn't Zhu... and it seems like Wobbles can take Zhu so it would be a tough crew battle lol

GG7 also ***** and I've had smash respect for Light ever since like.. prolly 0c3 when I first saw him play and at Pat's House when he ***** me in crews soooooo i would have to agree with Signia on this one

Tec0 - in my completely amateur opinion it seems like you can play terran, turtle up on one base and mass marines/thors/tanks and win 90% of the time. Other viable comps include massing hellions/thors/tanks and marines/marauders/medivacs. If you get like FOUR units all up in your army you will be unstoppable, it's pretty amazing. but this might only last until the first patch/expansion, so enjoy while you can

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
jesus christ will DROP this already? Honestly, I don't want to associate myself with 949. You guys are scrubs. I'm just part of Cameron's house. If there really was AZ vs 949, I will not be apart of it. It's not like they need me to **** you guys anyways.
once you start seeing red at the mention of IRVINE you will know you are ready to ascend to 805hood

Signia

Smash Lord
Just wait! Ken and Isai will return to Irvine and bring us back to our former glory!

Actually they'd probably get ***** until they catch up on the metagame

P.S. Kira I had no idea you were so good at SC2 please teach me (though I can never reach the level of a korean).

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Just wait! Ken and Isai will return to Irvine and bring us back to our former glory!

Actually they'd probably get ***** until they catch up on the metagame

P.S. Kira I had no idea you were so good at SC2 please teach me (though I can never reach the level of a korean).
Ken lived in Westminster (last I heard, he was in Long Beach, anyway)

Isai was Norcal LOLOL

MacD

Banned via Administration
is there anyone else who wants to go?

maybe we could convince dave or cameron to drive instead of riding with jason if we'd have 3 full cars

Kira-

Smash Champion
Dude I air-dusted my computer vents and now it doesn't overheat when I watch YouTube videos in HD O_o Who knows maybe even.. SC2 will run on it? No.. mustn't get my hopes up. Even WoW had trouble running smoothly three years ago.

ALL THESE YEARS

ty cams house for fixing my old laptop ^_^
  • I am going to unscrew the fans once i find a small screwdriver as well

I can actually feel the air coming out now. didnt know laptops were supposed to do that​

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
dave tell me more about your problems and i will tell you how to fix them

actually i only know about desktops
but if you can open the case and blow the dust out
you should

make sure you are wary of magnetization of your body and screwdrivers

joeplicate

Smash Master
tell me about my problems brendan

my **** overheats pretty often
especially during youtube videos in fullscreen. it usually lags, then it will freeze and make a "pup-pup-pup-pup" sound on repeat (meaning the sound on the video keeps going for a split second on repeat)

it told me earlier that the overclock settings on my processor were ****ty and it told me to redo them, so i went into bios and hit "restore defaults"

it's only done it once since then, but i gotta remember to keep it turned off

how do i make it so:
my **** doesn't overheat
it can play youtube videos on 4080p without lagging

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
I often forget lots of you guys aren't techies.

If your computer(s) is pretty old, and you can tell that it's your CPU or GPU overheating, consider checking your heatsink. After reapplying some thermal paste, my processor's much cooler because the stock paste that it came with 3 years ago was dry and crusty. If you're willing to spend money, you could go all out and buy a super fancy heatsink that dissipates heat better.

Of course, air flow is a huge problem, especially in laptops. That'll often be the bottleneck.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
tell me about my problems brendan

my **** overheats pretty often
especially during youtube videos in fullscreen. it usually lags, then it will freeze and make a "pup-pup-pup-pup" sound on repeat (meaning the sound on the video keeps going for a split second on repeat)

it told me earlier that the overclock settings on my processor were ****ty and it told me to redo them, so i went into bios and hit "restore defaults"

it's only done it once since then, but i gotta remember to keep it turned off

how do i make it so:
my **** doesn't overheat
it can play youtube videos on 4080p without lagging
oh

now that someone actually knows what theyre talking about i am at risk of looking like a huge douchebag

well, its overheating, which means your processor and prolly vid card are getting too hot.
you should open the case, and blow on everything to get rid of all the dust.
if you wanna get exxxtreme you can remove your fan and heat sink (the metal thing behind the fan) and clean it out / buy some more goop that thunder was talking about. im prolly gonna get some new paste. im not too good with airflow, but you can turn your fan to high if it has the option, but make sure you reinstall it in the correct direction (backwards vs forwards) otherwise it will blow the wrong way and do a whole lot of nothing.

ghetto solutions include: leaving your panel off, and perhaps blowing a desk fan onto your computers guts.

but run a quick google search on demagnetizing your body b4 fiddlin~

but base just do anything to make it cooler inside

Kira-

Smash Champion
I often forget lots of you guys aren't techies.

If your computer(s) is pretty old, and you can tell that it's your CPU or GPU overheating, consider checking your heatsink. After reapplying some thermal paste, my processor's much cooler because the stock paste that it came with 3 years ago was dry and crusty. If you're willing to spend money, you could go all out and buy a super fancy heatsink that dissipates heat better.

Of course, air flow is a huge problem, especially in laptops. That'll often be the bottleneck.
Are you going to the Grev or Arcadian tourney at all? Can I bring my laptop and have you look at it lol it is very old and dying but if you can make it more convenient i'll cover your dinner or something

or if not is it hard to correctly apply thermal paste cause i can easily see myself taking apart the laptop and then putting it back all wrong

if i was willing to spend money i'd get myself a nice desktop to play sc2 on (which, brendan, is my only "problem" at the moment. it is nice living in socal). [edit] lol i used to use cold sprite cans to cool it down [/edit]

DJMirror

Smash Master
Thunder Cloud is amazing at this stuff, when I first came over to his place and saw his sick *** laptop. I came inside my pants at how cool his laptop is and how much of a sweet deal he got it as well.

Anthony...I wanna add people's name in here but I wanna make it look cool. got any suggestions?

Just leave some suggestions here folks while I'm working on other things....

joeplicate

Smash Master
hahaha thanks brendan

yeah 4080p would own
i'll probably wait until my computer gets really, really bad and then hit up my friend that helped me build it and ask him what to do lol

i don't really have the motivation to fix it right now, since it's more of a minor inconvenience, but once i do, it'll probably be everest>cpu/gpu temperatures>heat goop or idk

Top Bottom