• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I need a rage combo, and it has to be something stupid that you'll want to kick yourself for falling into.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Kirby's Ftilt -> tech chase -> rest
I had a good laugh from this.

Well earlier Adam and Oscar were saying how GSUB has a "noob mindset", because they thought he was trying to boast about his achievements and he was making more of his wins than they thought he should, but everybody I know has this mindset at one point or another, everyone from M2K to HugS to myself has had quite a few instances where we would normally be guilty of this mindset but people give us the benefit of the doubt so it goes unnoticed. Plus Cameron wasn't even doing that in the first place, they're just giving him a hard time.
Yeahhh... hahah,
it's not like I was saying, "HEY GAIZ! LOOK AT MY POOLS MATCHES!"

Dave asked about "rumors"
and rather than going through a couple of posts of what he meant by "rumors"
I thought it'd just be easier to say everything in one post.

also, yes, I hate the "last edited by ___" thing too, Dave.

D

Deleted member

Hugs can brag about his wins or his sick ganon since he is a legendary player who can keep up with a horrible character

but gsub...

--

in terms of getting better, it's all upon the person himself to get better but I feel that gooder people can help set the person on the right path.

For example, most players of the game only think about two ways of DI-ing, survival (up and barely left or right) or anti-DI (away) but they don't think about DI-ing so low that you can tech the ground instead of DI-ing up to your death.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
idc what gsub does cuz it means he'll just stay crappy for longer

but thats not gonna sto pme from laughing at him / making fun of him about it

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Hugs can brag about his wins or his sick ganon since he is a legendary player who can keep up with a horrible character

but gsub...

--

in terms of getting better, it's all upon the person himself to get better but I feel that gooder people can help set the person on the right path.

For example, most players of the game only think about two ways of DI-ing, survival (up and barely left or right) or anti-DI (away) but they don't think about DI-ing so low that you can tech the ground instead of DI-ing up to your death.
i think this is totally true for me... less so for DI and more so for not being able to think outside of like two options for punishing or approaching haha

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
The Pocket Guide to Advanced DI and Advanced Teching

DI- just do it
SDI - it moves you a teeny bit. move the control stick during hit stop. you get 1 SDI per frame. consecutive SDI directions must be 90 degrees away from each other (top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left). you do not to return the stick to neutral in between SDI's.
ASDI- very similar to SDI. ASDI is one extra frame of SDI during the frame immediately after hitstop ends. if the control stick is pressed in any direction, you get an additional tiny movement. if the c-stick is pressed in any direction it will outprioritize the control stick. ASDI occurs with your trajectory

Double Stick DI (aka Double Stick Tech)
ASDI down. this will cause collision with the ground. only ASDI will cause collision.
[unsure if this helps] SDI down towards the ground. this will put you close to the ground. you cant collide via ASDI unless you are close enough
Di down and away. this will also help put you close to the ground
L or R 20 frames before you leave hitstop

Ledge Tech
UpB
SDI in
-Ledge Teching may cancel hitstop, if you did the input correctly

additional input appreciated

Kira-

Smash Champion
that's what she said
The Pocket Guide to Advanced DI and Advanced Teching

DI- just do it
SDI - it moves you a teeny bit. move the control stick during hit stop. you get 1 SDI per frame. consecutive SDI directions must be 90 degrees away from each other (top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left). you do not to return the stick to neutral in between SDI's.
ASDI- very similar to SDI. ASDI is one extra frame of SDI during the frame immediately after hitstop ends. if the control stick is pressed in any direction, you get an additional tiny movement. if the c-stick is pressed in any direction it will outprioritize the control stick. ASDI occurs with your trajectory

Double Stick DI (aka Double Stick Tech)
ASDI down. this will cause collision with the ground. only ASDI will cause collision.
[unsure if this helps] SDI down towards the ground. this will put you close to the ground. you cant collide via ASDI unless you are close enough
Di down and away. this will also help put you close to the ground

Ledge Tech
UpB
SDI in
-Ledge Teching may cancel hitstop, if you did the input correctly

additional input appreciated
How do you know so much

the 20 frames before you leave hitstop.. does this mean that this is the first frame that the move is done hitting you and you're in the air

that's actually very helpful, no wonder you have to press it so early

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
shield DI: smash DI when something collides with your shield (i have yet to test the existence of automatic shield DI)
quarter circle DI: rotating your stick in a quarter circle to input multiple smash DI inputs on the various frames of a hit

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
How do you know so much

the 20 frames before you leave hitstop.. does this mean that this is the first frame that the move is done hitting you and you're in the air

that's actually very helpful, no wonder you have to press it so early
yes.

the tech occurs on the first frame you leave hit stop (also the same frame ASDI occurs.)

im not 100% sure how double stick works, but i know ~everything about ledge teching.

but if you miss your sweetspot and are hit by a move with more than 20 frames of hit stop, it would be impossible to tech. but teching itself cancels hit stop. so yeah. just SDI in and L or R 20 frames before you SDI.

not trying to call you out tai, but just to clarify for the others:

quarter circle DI is not a true game mechanic. its just rolling the stick to try and take advantage of multiple SDI's

Lovage

Smash Hero
by "hit stop" he means hitlag

theres hitlag and hitstun

hitlag is the freeze frames after you get hit with a move. moves like samus' charge shot and falcon's knee have high hitlag cuz you are frozen in the air for like 20 frames before you get sent flying

hitstun is the time after getting sent flying before you can do an action like jumping or nairing

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER KIDDOS

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
it's suppose to make crashboards faster

i think they're still trying to stabilize it

i wish they update the vbulletin one day

i been asking for months lol

oh and that's crashman lol

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
by "hit stop" he means hitlag

theres hitlag and hitstun

hitlag is the freeze frames after you get hit with a move. moves like samus' charge shot and falcon's knee have high hitlag cuz you are frozen in the air for like 20 frames before you get sent flying

hitstun is the time after getting sent flying before you can do an action like jumping or nairing

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER KIDDOS
man *** dese words

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
it's suppose to make crashboards faster

i think they're still trying to stabilize it

i wish they update the vbulletin one day

i been asking for months lol

oh and that's crashman lol
in the trash can like yesterday's tomatoes

Incronaut

Smash Ace
hey rei, i just got a PS2 and I want to mod it... ive been looking up methods and stuff but i was wondering what you did / what you recommend to do for it. thanks.

I was thinking of getting swap magic, and a harddrive (+network adapter) and burning HDLoader haha

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i use swapmagic

i know someone that uses the harddrive + hdloader

i want to eventually use the memory card soft mod

i can tell you more when i get back from class

ComboFest

Smash Lord
I want to but you live too far away.

Also can anyone tell me how to shield drop?

Edit: looks like the boards are finally stable.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
i use swapmagic

i know someone that uses the harddrive + hdloader

i want to eventually use the memory card soft mod

i can tell you more when i get back from class
memory card soft mod? isnt that like swap magic installed onto your memory card or something? how the heck do you install something like that?? O_o"

isnt it annoying to have to burn every game you want to play though?

MacD

Banned via Administration
ok so hopefully people will see this

anyone need a ride to SD on sat? i know kira already has people and stuff but looks like right now i have to go alone... so yea

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
memory card soft mod? isnt that like swap magic installed onto your memory card or something? how the heck do you install something like that?? O_o"

isnt it annoying to have to burn every game you want to play though?
yeah it's called free mcboot

there are many methods to do it too

it works as if its an hdloader but also works as a normal memory card

you just have to remember to backup any of your ps2 data before installing it

Top Bottom