• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 6 levels of smash.

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
how are you playing brawl without a wii?
you definately aren't a 4 if you haven't played online or gone to a tournament. you are most likely a 2 >.>
Because, how am I a 2 If I have friends with it? Basically I just play on my friends' Wii various times a week. Sorry for not clearing that up, I guess it slipped my mind

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
I would say I'm between 3 and 4 (probably 3.7). I don't think I'm a 4 yet, because I do john, but I usually john about my mistakes. I am also able to admit that there are people that are better at smash than me, but I have a hard time admitting it about my friends (I'm better than them, usually (sometimes I have off days), but sometimes their best main is better than my 4th main).

M@v

Subarashii!
4. I win the vast majority of matches I play. But there are one or two players that absloutely dominate me(Im thinking they are 6s >_>). Im just working on perfecting my fox game, and Im picking up DDD ^_^.

Boa

Smash Cadet
I'm happily sitting at three, and will remain so until I stop playing Brawl, if ever. :)

Being aggressive gives me the most thrill out of the game; you should see how bad I am at Call of Duty 4, haha.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
CoD4 pisses on the third rail......that game is too hard

and there are lots of ppl on this thread that are at my skill lvl (3-4) 0_o

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I'm a 3.3. Good enough to compete and beat a lot of people, but not hardly good enough to 4 stock or win consistently enough against 4s, 5s, and 6s. Besides, I truly enjoy Smash, but I have too much going on to truly dedicate my life to Smash.

Wouldn't you say that these levels exist for all competitive fighters? Because I used this scale for my vast enjoyment of Street Fighter, and I also turned out to be a 3.3, Good enough to win, not so much as to dominate.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I don't know what it is with me, but I seem good enough to dominate, but I just don't like to...
I dunno, just something about controlling other people kinda bothers me.
I guess it's another one of those mental hurdles I have to overcome.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I am a 3.5 minus any jhoning, I have been too two local tornies, but always lack a bit compared to thoese who use the advance tech, I use AT sometimes, but to lazy to master them, if i did i'd be 4.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
marko, i don't think "sawnick faiturs" counts as this, because street fighter and brawl are the only competetive fighters that have gotten so far as to having stages of skill.
everything else sucks.
"sawnick faiturs" :confused::confused::confused:

Don't get it twisted. While the only other fighting game series I bother to play is Virtua Fighter (at level 2), many big name fighting games DO take skill. Just because you don't have the skill to play them doesn't mean that the skill to play them doesn't exist.

But in reality, SF and Smash are the only ones that matter. I just play VF because I liked the 1st one in the arcade and decided to follow the series.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Virtua Fighter is actually a very good game.
It's a nice game to practice your guessing games.
There was a study about different "Mind skills" each genre of gamers had,
and the ones that played Virtua Fighter consistenly outguessed the players of
the other games.
A good game to play to strengthen your presence of mind.

Edit: Also, Marko, I don't agree with your sig.

Amide

Smash Lord
I'm probably a 3.5. I care about what I learn in Smash way too much, and I pretty much play non stop. I sort of have a fear of losing, so I rarely go to tournaments:(.

Dairun

Smash Cadet
Hmm... There's a lack of a "Manly" level on here. Probably around a 3 like most people though.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
marko, thats what i said, the other ones don't have stages as deep as this one, that is obviously what i said, because i don't remember claiming that these are the only two fighters that take skill.

also, i don't agree with your sig either. melee took much more skill, focus, and less luck.
what is luck in melee? stitchfacewtf

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Heeeey... my sig....

THREE SEPARATE STATEMENTS. OK? OK!

Simply put, Focus is greater than Anger. On a separate issue, skill is greater than luck. Finally, without having to do with any of the previous statements, Brawl is greater than Melee. you may think otherwise, but in both games, skill and focus rule... unless you play with items... then luck and anger (aka ECW! ECW!) may factor in.

Funny, I've had that sig for a while, and suddenly it's getting a bunch of hate.

MPH Deku

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably a 3, despite the fact that my defence is decent and I at least try to keep my spacing good. I've never played in a tournament and I get killed by most competitive online players, but I'm better than every poerson that I have played with locally (save this one awesome C. Falcon player, but I can still beat him most of the time).

PCHU

Smash Lord
Man, no fair.
I stomp a lot of people, but I can't go to a tournament because they're too far away.
This keeps me at a low level.
I know ATs, but I don't always execute them perfectly.
If I ever did get into a tournament, I would definitely use Marth.
Falco is good and all (heck, he chains) but Marth seems like the ideal character for almost everyone.

Falco is rather predictable, but then again...

I don't know.
I'll alternate mains.
Maybe use Captain Falcon.
Just have to be sure I don't suicide with dair.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm either 3 or 4. I can beat the living hell out a a few people, But the ones closer to my skill level propose quite a challenge. I still need some extra training to get a decent distance in a tourney.
Sound about right?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Maybe b/c Brawl < Melee
Srsly...
If Brawl < Melee, how come everyone's playing Brawl? Other than the natural Street Fighter god-like players, you don't see people who perfer Super Turbo trying to play Third Stirke more often then they play ST? And please don't tell me you do when there's a ST tourney every week in Japan...

If you like Melee, stick with it... there's nothing wrong with that... except that... even though you won't admit it because you're not owning like you're used to... Brawl > Melee.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
I'm about over 9000. Really though, I am at level 5 I believe. I almost never loose unless It's against a friend and I play with items and don't try (not a john. :p)

Popertop

Smash Champion
If Brawl < Melee, how come everyone's playing Brawl? Other than the natural Street Fighter god-like players, you don't see people who perfer Super Turbo trying to play Third Stirke more often then they play ST? And please don't tell me you do when there's a ST tourney every week in Japan...

If you like Melee, stick with it... there's nothing wrong with that... except that... even though you won't admit it because you're not owning like you're used to... Brawl > Melee.
I wasn't disputing the fact that Brawl is the game everybody is playing right now, and that Melee has kinda died down, but I refuse to say that Brawl is the better game.
Brawl in the long run will be good for the community because it's getting more people interested in Smash. And once Brawl kinda dies down, those still interested in Smash will get exposed to Melee. And then Melee will live again! No srsly tho, Brawl is popular, so that's what people will play.
And Japan...
Japanese people are very dedicated to thier culture and video games are a large part of that. They wouldn't ever give up something like ST when the best players in the WORLD are all right there.

Americans are lazy lol.
I like Melee and I am sticking to it, and it's not that I'm not owning like I used to, I still posses the same relative level of own, I just don't like Brawl very much.
I'm just johning about it 'cause I don't even have Melee/Cube or Brawl/Wii.
I only got to play melee when everybody else was playing it, yah.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
then don't come to the brawl forums.
if you feel like just sitting here bashing brawl and calling yourself good because you play melee, just go to gamefaqs and tell everyone there how good you ae because you can combo with sonic and beat people with falcon pawnch.

Top Bottom