• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3 starfox'ers whos got more potential?

Veng

Smash Ace
Thats my question, whos the easiest to get good with or whos got more potential?

I honestly dont like the 3 of them, but I always wondered, now that theres 3..

Phocks

Smash Rookie
I'm seeing Fox with the lowest potential out of the three. Wolf is really easy to pick up, and very powerful (aside from his air game, IMO), and Falco seems to have kept a lot of his Melee potential. Laser spam is still potent, he's got a great spike, but his recovery is a little gimped.

Potential wise, I'd say Falco is the best.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Fox is definitely the bottom.

Falco and Wolf... debatable. I'd say Wolf for now, but we just have to see how things develop. Their pretty close.

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
Forgot to include the landmaster...

Just kidding. Personally, Wolf seems to be easiest to pick up. Falco has potential. Fox is below Wolf.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Krystal? Based on what?

Might I remind you that Mewtwo was the most powerful of the original 151?
Because she is awesome, and would have a very unique fighting and magic fighting style if based off of Adventures and given her staff.

As for the Mewtwo comment, not sure were it came from, but my lvl 100 Jolteon could kick my lvl 100 Mewtwo's @$$

Darkslash

Smash Master
Why the Star Fox characters are always the best in the game???
"Supposedly" Sakurai's favorite Nintendo Franchise thats not Kibry is Star Fox, becuase the landmaster is the best Final Smash (i mean comon you can make people fly of the stage XD) and that SF chars are one of the fastest and easiest chars to pick up.

any ways, wait Fox did suck? I usually win with him :/

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I'd have to say Falco is the best of the three, followed by Wolf, and Fox takes a seat in the back this time. Fox just doesn't seem as potent as his earlier incarnations. Falco, plays similar to his melee self, laser spam is still a huge part of his game, chain grab is quite effective, and his shine is excellent, best of the bunch in my opinion. Also, he has multiple spiking moves. His illusion distance is ridiculous, as such it is the recover that Falco players will use now. Sure his up b has been nurfed a bit but does that matter? It was always an extremely punishable move anyway. Seeing as how the illusion has been buffed, and is a great quick recovery, ^b just isn't needed as frequently as the past.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't reccommend either to a new player. Once you get a feel for playing as an easy to use character like Kirby or Mario, then you'd move onto someone fast like the Space Animals, who a new player would find themselves getting killed by their own moves.

Wolf's side smash has amazing rang, but his lazer is inferior to Falco's, who is faster, a better jumper, & has a better air game. Falco > Wolf > Fox. All will be Top/High though, methinks.

UltimateZ

Smash Rookie
I personally think Wolf has the best potential. He's easy to pick up, and you can learn more about him because it's sort of a distance game with him (Like how some moves work better at certain distances, like Wolf's Blaster does 2 hits at close range), his grabs look cool, and he's got a useful dair spike.

P.S. What's Falco's shine mean?

UltimateZ

Smash Rookie
Oh thanks. I've seen computer Falco's use the Reflector as an attack, but I didn't know it was called Shine.

Kietharr

Smash Cadet
Falco: Best blaster, best air attacks, still decent on smashes and tied for fox for best side B. Worst reflector though.
Fox: Best reflector, fastest, otherwise the most average of the spacies.
Wolf: Best smashes, heaviest, best up B, worst side B for attacking but best for recovery.

It all depends on the player, I'd say they're all close to equal, with fox being at the bottom. Wolf and Falco play like two different characters due to move differences though, so they are difficult to compare.

Top Bottom