• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2GGC: Civil War Discussion Thread

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
If Link somehow by some Rosalina-defeating miracle wins this tournament, I will acknowledge to RadicalLarry that he was right all along.
Personally beating Rosa with Link is possible (FTilt and tipper FSmash 1 do wonders against Luma), but this is Dabuz we're talking about lol.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
This is really the smash gods punishing the community for thinking the gaps between tiers are bigger than they are. Where is the order to the universe?!

Inb4 dabuz

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Fatality being awesome is one of the prime reasons for my existence XD
He was gonna 3-0 too, but kirihara got lucky with a last-hit situation. Fatality still took it. No rosa dittos.
Wonder how he'll do against Zack. If it was Marss, that would be an easy pass into Losers Finals, but Zack's a whole different story.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
I'm calling Zack vs Dabuz now for GFs.

And by that, I mean a T vs Fatality rematch.

BSP

Smash Legend
Is there a reason T isn't flying in with dash attack to kill Luma once he puts it into tumble? I'm no link expert but it looks like he's giving up a lot of Luma killing opportunities in favor of bombs.

Edit: yeah idk, he blocked a Usmash point blank and didn't Fsmash Rosa in the face. Eh.

Last edited:

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
And Dabuz completely mops the floor with t with a 3-0

Dabuz is definitely taking this right now, he's just playing a level above everyone else

Minordeth

Smash Ace
T... played a little too respectfully. Oh well! Come on fatality! Let's see a rematch!

Guido65

Smash Apprentice
Is there a reason T isn't flying in with dash attack to kill Luma once he puts it into tumble? I'm no link expert but it looks like he's giving up a lot of Luma killing opportunities in favor of bombs.
Don't see why he wasnt forward tilting lump which should always send him into tumble. That move is very good vs her as its large meaty kills luma is safe and one of links best kill moves to boot. He also doesn't use zair very often from what I saw. I think he could have played the mu better.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
CaptainZack and Fatality have a good fighting chance against Dabuz if they adjust well.

The problem is I expect the latter to adjust better based off of his rounds with Kirihara, and I don't see Fatality beating Zack.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
T may have been playing very well near flawless so far at Civil War. Unfortunately for him that Dabuz IS playing flawlessly

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
CaptainZack and Fatality have a good fighting chance against Dabuz if they adjust well.

The problem is I expect the latter to adjust better based off of his rounds with Kirihara, and I don't see Fatality beating Zack.
Fatality has beaten various Bayos such as asap recently. I think he's gonna take it.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
T coulda been using that wonderful anti-Luma tool: pivot Ftilt. Imma be reanalyzing that set later. Dabuz such a boss tho.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Let me correct myself from earlier

I don't expect Fatality to beat T lol

(please win Fatality)

Last edited:

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
And fatality over zack with yet another 3-0

Fatality is amazing right now, gf could be closer than i thought if he gets there

Goombo

Smash Apprentice
Why would you ever DI Falcons Dthrow in?
And then why do it every time?

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Omg omg omg a Link's in top 3 let's go T. I'm rooting for you T! You in here to show everyone Link who he's made of! Came in just to say that.

Fenny

Smash Ace
>When Zack SD'd twice
>Whenever Zack DI'd in on his down throws

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
And fatality delivers on yet another 3-0 v t

also FOOTSTOOL DAIR BEST COMBO

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
I had a feeling that T was fairly demoralized after Dabuz beat him down, and Fatality would've learned tricks from the last set. Expected a 3-1 in Fatality's favor, got a 3-0 instead lol.

BSP

Smash Legend
Something to note is how Fatality adapted to Link's frame traps (aerials and boomerang). He stopped trying to immediately punish Link's falling aerials and boomerangs on block and did much better as a result.....and took a walk on T's face with those footstool combos lol.

Whoever was coaching Fatality gave good advice.

Last edited:

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
I've been following Smash 4 on and off since I never really got the game... But I'm so glad this game looks a lot more balanced than its predecessor. All of the variety of Top 32, all of this interesting tech it's so amazing. This is probably the hypest I've ever gotten watching a Smash tournament since Salem's huge breakout run at Apex 2013... it's very beautiful.

JB333

Smash Apprentice
Something to note is how Fatality adapted to Link's frame traps (aerials and boomerang). He stopped trying to immediately punish Link's falling aerials and boomerangs on block and did much better as a result.....and took a walk on T's face with those footstool combos lol.

Whoever was coaching Fatality gave good advice.
Scatt was coaching him. They are the dynamic duo, lol.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Fatality is playing incredible right now. Fatality makes history or Dabuz wins his first national. Either way, it'll be huge. Expect a huge popoff from whoever wins lol. T made Hyrule proud with :4link:... honestly I would have died happy if he won the tournament, but Link in Top 3 is still amazing. I am glad that Fatality beat him though, because if it was Link and Rosa grands it would have been rough for Link
This tournament is nuts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom