• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Alulim

Smash Apprentice
I got CFG installed on my card now. I'm using the d2x iso with it that was recommended.
The game's load times are HORRIBLE - More than 45 seconds to load the main menu and the music keeps messing up! The CSS isn't loading whatsoever either!
The class of your SD/SDHC card is probably low. Buy a class 10 SD/SDHC card.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
cool method for doing the shine oos, are there any cool unused animation states you know of? Just thought of something, are the win screen animations the same type of animation states? you could assign those animation states to directions of the Dpad and give characters multiple taunts like in brawl. Is this possible?
Looks like it is not an action state. So I have no idea how to force a player to do this. It's probably possible though.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
What are the details of IE's action state hack? I must know @_@
It's not very commented but here were the notes he gave me.
It was an older code he wrote so it was originally made for action replay. I converted it to Gecko code format [and later injected it into the DOL, etc..]

It's not perfect, though. Forcing some action states causes the game to freeze - hence why the Save State codes freezes while loading certain action states.

Last edited:

Zoler

Smash Ace
I'd say CPU's DI on foxs uairs are really weird. They SDI down on every hit. I understand if it's hard to program DI for specific moves though!

lokt

Smash Cadet
Hi achilles, I just tried out this hack pack today, it was great! However, I'm having some issues with the cpu di; most notably, whenever I(marth) juggle a cpu fox with up airs, it doesn't di at all.

Gentlefox

Smash Cadet
I got CFG installed on my card now. I'm using the d2x iso with it that was recommended.
The game's load times are HORRIBLE - More than 45 seconds to load the main menu and the music keeps messing up! The CSS isn't loading whatsoever either!
The cluster size on your card is probably > 64KB. Make the cluster size is 64KB or less for SD cards, 32KB or less for USB sticks.

Last edited:

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Quick feedback:

I absolutely HATE how easily the "Big Gun" Easter Egg activates. It not only activates when pressing A+B but also when long pressing A (which I have a tendency to do after years of Sheik maining). Please consider making the activation the Big Gun Easer Egg bit more complex so it does not trigger so easily. Just my 2 cents and keep up the good work <3

E:

For the future:

It would be very pleasant if the instructions on how to activate various codes could be found in-game.

E2:

Another question:

Is there a way to practice Fox uthrow -> uair-timing on Jigglypuff? Basically one would only need Jigglypuff to buffer doublejump after the uthrow since the timing is quite strict.

Last edited:

lokt

Smash Cadet
I have had a weird problem with dios mios: I loaded Project M via homebrew earlier. Afterwards, when trying to use this hackpack dios mios stopped functioning and when I click start on the channel, it just reverts back to the wii menu. Is this a known problem?

Last edited:

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
when i enter debug menu, my game keeps playing the menu music but i can't move or select anything, help?

Edit: It only works on port 1, figured this one out rather quickly.

Last edited:

niffyjiffy

Smash Cadet
Now that we're officially DOL modders, can we have a different game id? It would be nice to be able to have vanilla melee and 20XX Hack Pack on the same drive.

Skull Kid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chuggbert
3DS FC
0748-3351-1612
I hate to ask such a seemingly basic question, but I can't seem to find info on how to do the 8-character tags. On the first page it reads "- Added the ability to make 8 character name tags [see the feature list below]." But I've read the feature list a few times through now, tried to search it w/ Ctrl + F, Googled it, and am still clueless. Will someone please advise me?

Edit: Thank you, everyone involved, for your hard work. This is dope. But where can I work on my RPS meta game skills? I wanna be prepared... lol.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I hate to ask such a seemingly basic question, but I can't seem to find info on how to do the 8-character tags. On the first page it reads "- Added the ability to make 8 character name tags [see the feature list below]." But I've read the feature list a few times through now, tried to search it w/ Ctrl + F, Googled it, and am still clueless. Will someone please advise me?

Edit: Thank you, everyone involved, for your hard work. This is dope. But where can I work on my RPS meta game skills? I wanna be prepared... lol.
It's under the "Character Select Screen Toggles" section.

Now that we're officially DOL modders, can we have a different game id? It would be nice to be able to have vanilla melee and 20XX Hack Pack on the same drive.
I believe Beanwolf does this in his tutorial for setting this up that I have linked on the main post.

So far, I've never really understood how the "Force Cpu Action" code works.
Hit L+R+D-pad Up --> P2 CPU will be color tinted for 3 seconds --> P2 will spam whatever button & joystick input that P1 is doing at the exact moment the three seconds has expired.

I'll answer more questions and stuff later - Had a long weekend.

Last edited:

OninO

Smash Journeyman
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Just wanted to jump back in again and thank you so much for the work you're doing with this hack pack. It's absolutely amazing for training, especially the colour additions you've made recently!

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Looks like whatever you changed in the 2.07 pretest did the job as far as the teching issue went! So exciting. I'll keep at it and update later.

Mutekisenko

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to disable the Save/ Load State?
If you try to Load State without saving first it crashes the game...
Plus it makes it difficult to make Samus Grapple Beam extend! :)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is there a way to disable the Save/ Load State?
If you try to Load State without saving first it crashes the game...
Plus it makes it difficult to make Samus Grapple Beam extend! :)
As of right now, there is not. Unless you mean 100% remove it from the hack pack???

Are you using an old version? I just tried starting a game and immediately loading a state and it did not freeze. I fixed this problem a while back.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have had a weird problem with dios mios: I loaded Project M via homebrew earlier. Afterwards, when trying to use this hackpack dios mios stopped functioning and when I click start on the channel, it just reverts back to the wii menu. Is this a known problem?
Are you talking about Dios Mios Booter? I've never heard of that issue. I would try using CFG Loader if you still haven't gotten it to work.
i guess you can use custom cpu action, to force puff to spam jump.
The CPU will not DI if you do this. But yeah they'll jump immediately.
Quick feedback:

I absolutely HATE how easily the "Big Gun" Easter Egg activates. It not only activates when pressing A+B but also when long pressing A (which I have a tendency to do after years of Sheik maining). Please consider making the activation the Big Gun Easer Egg bit more complex so it does not trigger so easily. Just my 2 cents and keep up the good work <3

E:

For the future:

It would be very pleasant if the instructions on how to activate various codes could be found in-game.

E2:

Another question:

Is there a way to practice Fox uthrow -> uair-timing on Jigglypuff? Basically one would only need Jigglypuff to buffer doublejump after the uthrow since the timing is quite strict.
It sounds like you haven't updated to the newest version. It only activates with A+B now.

For practicing U-throw --> u-air on Jiggs,

- Turn COLORS on so you can tell, for the most part, if you are missing frames between throwing and jumping.

- Get Jiggs to the percent you want to practice at --> stand next to her --> save state.
- Grab --> uthrow --> uair.
- As soon as you hit or miss, load state. Repeat.

The first thing Jiggs will do after being thrown is jump.

Hi achilles, I just tried out this hack pack today, it was great! However, I'm having some issues with the cpu di; most notably, whenever I(marth) juggle a cpu fox with up airs, it doesn't di at all.
At the time of writing the P2 DI and tech code, I didn't know where the memory address was that shows whether or not a character is in hitstun. Because of this and a few other things, I needed some way to know when to turn P2 back to a CPU. One of these checks is whether or not the CPU has used 2 or more jumps.

So I think if the spacie you are juggling has already used it's aerial jump, then it won't DI.

I'd like to rewrite some of my code at some point...

Shrug

Smash Cadet
I read through the OP, but I haven't read any of the replies. If this has been answered somewhere already or I missed it in the OP, please let me know. Are there any plans to improve the AI's recovery (especially mixing up recovery and sweetspotting the ledge)? The pack is already immensely useful for solo training, but I think that adding this would make it even better.

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
dope training mod, I was wondering if you could add upb oos and upsmash oos for the next iteration? thanks for all your work.

ABH99

Smash Rookie
Excellent!

One thing I find quite annoying though is that the random music thing is on by default.
Or is it possible save the changes you do in debug mode so you dont have to switch it of every time you start the game?

hectohertz

Smash Ace
Excellent!

One thing I find quite annoying though is that the random music thing is on by default.
Or is it possible save the changes you do in debug mode so you dont have to switch it of every time you start the game?
you can by modding the DOL. read previous posts in the thread

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
So I just got this and it's awesome. To update versions, I simply have to change the .dol file?
Yes unless achilles plans on adding new stages, skins, or that css edit with the SS logo shown earlier.
You could also edit the ISO.hdr file so you can have the game title reflect the new version. The ISO.hdr is also where the game ID is stored (niffyjiffy) and you can change it by using a hex editor. I did what Todd stated earlier in the thread and changed the game ID to GALEXX.

Speaking of stages do you plan on adding any other of milun's stages like Big Blue (just the flyer), Great Bay (wider), Mushroom Kingdom Falls, or Yoshi's Island - Revisited?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yes unless achilles plans on adding new stages, skins, or that css edit with the SS logo shown earlier.
You could also edit the ISO.hdr file so you can have the game title reflect the new version. The ISO.hdr is also where the game ID is stored (niffyjiffy) and you can change it by using a hex editor. I did what Todd stated earlier in the thread and changed the game ID to GALEXX.

Speaking of stages do you plan on adding any other of milun's stages like Big Blue (just the flyer), Great Bay (wider), Mushroom Kingdom Falls, or Yoshi's Island - Revisited?
Speaking of the CSS edit...I made this the other day.

I need to contact whoever is running the MLG stream, but I have no idea where to start.

MLG CSS.PNG

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace

I need to contact whoever is running the MLG stream, but I have no idea where to start.

View attachment 16386

View attachment 16386
msg'ing jake now

update from jake:
really sick, but were directly partnered with Nintendo so we cant use something like that on stream

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Achilles, at the press start screen it should say the version number of the 20XX hack pack so that people know what version they are running. It seems like this has been a problem more than would be expected.

Also, digging the MLG/EVO/ETC type logos. Maybe next time if they get permission from Nintendo they could rock that.

Last edited:

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
A couple things.

Here is my most up to date testing DOL file.

20XX 2.07 PRETEST.dol
Firstly, THANK YOU. I appreciate your thoughtfulness a lot.

I tried out the build and am quite pleased. While it definitely helps we get better timing on links and movement overall, it is hard to tell if I'm really frame perfect. If my character flashed green for 1 frame would I notice? From how it looks I think I appear more frame perfect than I think I am. Definitely still helpful though.

One other timing related mod that I'm not sure is possible would be something to indicate if you fast-fall on the first frame that you can to practice frame perfect shffls and stuff. Not sure if that would mean a color change when you are slow falling (because there are times when you want to fall slow), or a brief flash if you go from moving upward to fast-falling without any slow falling, or maybe a sound to indicate it. Either way, the tools you've already provided will take me far :)

UniClown

Smash Rookie
I can throw a quick unofficial official game ID for 20XX if the general population so desires.
Please, please do this. I think it would help dolphin recognize that they are separate games. Currently, when I right click on normal melee to host a netplay game it sometimes hosts a netplay game with the hack pack iso. Also, it would allow someone to enable codes for normal melee without the codes having an adverse affect on the hack pack.

Alulim

Smash Apprentice
How does one go about updating their ISO? Do I have to remake the ISO? Also, is the previously extracted ISO (the one with many different .dol files) required? - I ended up deleting that after setting up 20XX v 2.05.

Doq

Smash Lord
How does one go about updating their ISO? Do I have to remake the ISO? Also, is the previously extracted ISO (the one with many different .dol files) required? - I ended up deleting that after setting up 20XX v 2.05.
Just update the DOL in GCr.
No the extracted stuff isn't needed after rebuilding.

e~ For those who wanted a GameID Change, here you go. It comes in two files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/id3g0xj54aokxg4/ISO.hdr For the GameID (AZXE0J)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewr7snv5kw5ixp2/opening.bnr For the game title (Super Smash Bros. Melee: 20XX Training Pack)
^ The above can be mixed/matched, in case you don't want to change the ID but the name, or vice-versa.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvast4au0ve9jqp/AZXE0J.gci This is a modified Melee save. Required for GameID change.

Last edited:
Top Bottom