• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles what do I need to alter now, to set both the l-cancel and shield stun colors on, in a hex editor?

Thanks for the continuous fixes/improvements.
Achilles what do I need to alter now, to set both the l-cancel and shield stun colors on, in a hex editor?

Thanks for the continuous fixes/improvements.
and btw, the byte toggle for COLORS is the 01 to the right of the one for FLASH NO L.
So that would be byte 0x003f73cb.

ah okay thanks achilles

do you know if there's any way for me to manipulate the computers so they get un-stuck? or is that something you have to take care of yourself?
I'll have to look into this. I the problem is what I'm thinking it is, then it shouldn't be too complicated of a fix.
is Start.dol really the only file that changes from release-to-release?
Since the original 2.0 release, the only change that was made outside of the DOL file was adding the GmTtAll.usd file into the pack for the 20XX intro start screen.

Chuckles

Smash Apprentice
My god. I stopped keeping track of this thread for a bit and 12 pages later you've made a thousand more codes.

You've done EVERYTHING and more! God damn, I never thought I'd see the day.

I must say, again, I love you and thank you for all this hard work you've put into this game. <3
This.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Finally updated to the newest stuff after seeing mango using it. You are a god. Although I would love if your tag didn't overwrite the first tag.

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
Finally got around to updating my tutorial to include the current rendition of the 20XX pack (2.06).

Achilles, I have no words. You are single-handedly changing how people can practice and our community will be forever better for it. <3

Cloud7z

Smash Cadet
I play on a Wii with no memory card so name tags I create do not save. Is there a way of modding the ISO to have certain tags on bootup?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is the bomb rain "minigame" still a thing in 2.0, or is it gone?
The bomb rain minigame has not been added to the newest pack. I'd like to get it in there at some point and I have a few new ideas for it as well.

I play on a Wii with no memory card so name tags I create do not save. Is there a way of modding the ISO to have certain tags on bootup?
The bomb rain minigame has not been added to the newest pack. I'd like to get it in there at some point and I have a few new ideas for it as well.

Well, yes, it can be done in a not so beautiful way. In the similar manner to how I have the "Achilles" name tag always in there. But there is no user friendly way of doing so without writing ASM code.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
suggestion

Do you know what the difference is between v1.00's hitlag and v1.02's hitlag?
(hitlag of 1% attacks)
If you know different point, could you make a toggle for changing hitlag of "v1.00"<->"v1.02".

Excuse me, maybe I don't explain my thought well because of my bad English...

For example,
v1.02(current): samus' up-B and Upair, young link's up-B on ground and so on have 3-frame hitlag.

v1.00: they don't have 3-frame hitlag. only 1-frame hitlag and it's not "SDI"able.

If you can make a toggle for v1.02-hitlag/v1.00-hitlag, it's very awesome.

Last edited:

Cloud7z

Smash Cadet

Well, yes, it can be done in a not so beautiful way. In the similar manner to how I have the "Achilles" name tag always in there. But there is no user friendly way of doing so without writing ASM code.
I'd be willing to learn if you taught me how

Trulliam

Smash Rookie
Hey, after updating to the most recent patch my game constanly crashes as soon as i enter stage select, any help?

Zoler

Smash Ace
You won't be disappointed. This pack is incredible.

And if you need any help softmodding, inbox me.
Yeah I tried it a bit before and I really look forward to playing it. I got it working now on Dolphin, just gotta buy a SD memory card tomorrow and i'll be set. I found a pretty decent guide and I know some smashers in my area that softmodded before, but thanks anyway!

Scrumpy

Smash Rookie
Hey, after updating to the most recent patch my game constanly crashes as soon as i enter stage select, any help?
Try reconstructing your ROM and try again. Perhaps you made a silly mistake like putting files in the wrong place. If it messes up again, let's go step by step and figure it out.

Trulliam

Smash Rookie
Try reconstructing your ROM and try again. Perhaps you made a silly mistake like putting files in the wrong place. If it messes up again, let's go step by step and figure it out.
Yea I rebuilt the iso and everything seems fine, thanks for willing to help me out anyway :)

Berble

Smash Apprentice
Is there any way to make a toggle for custom colors and default colors of characters for all colors? The way you put it in was a skin for Fox,Falcon, and Marth that could be toggled by pressing L on a certain default color. Could I do this for every color?

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to add an effect to indicate if your character is linking moves on the first available frame? Like the l-canceling effect but for links.

For example when doing jab-->down smash with Doc I would like to know if my timing is right so I can practice doing it perfectly. It would be really useful for practicing aerial combos in general.

Maybe making the character flash a certain color when you are frame perfect? This could also be useful for practicing recoveries, like jumping on the first available frame after a falcon kick.

Also, I can't use in-game toggles when playing 1-player versus by forcing the stage select screen. Any ideas?

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I think my browser is messed up I can't tell what that less message was to update the iso file. I would really like that L cancel fail option. When I attempted to update it in GCR 1.0 it said done tried to load it onto the wii and the dolphin emulator. Sadly it didn't give me the L fail cancel thing.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
I'm having some trouble with the random teching. I'm using the latest version but it seems like I rarely see a tech in place when the CPU is Fox/Falco, but techs in place all the time when it's Falcon. Is there any reason reason it may be character dependent?

Kou

Smash Apprentice
"Extended Name Tags" is awesome.
I found that it's NOT "up to 8 characters" but "up to 16 bytes".

We can combine 8-character name with another 8-character name.
Result: a 16-character name

I couldn't combine with 16-character name with another tag.

btw,
Japanese Hiragana and Katakana are 2 bytes characters, so Japanese characters can be used up to 8 characters (2byte x 8 characters = 16 bytes).

and I found a bug.
somehow, we can't combine 3 or 5-character name.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
suggestion

Do you know what the difference is between v1.00's hitlag and v1.02's hitlag?
(hitlag of 1% attacks)
If you know different point, could you make a toggle for changing hitlag of "v1.00"<->"v1.02".

Excuse me, maybe I don't explain my thought well because of my bad English...

For example,
v1.02(current): samus' up-B and Upair, young link's up-B on ground and so on have 3-frame hitlag.

v1.00: they don't have 3-frame hitlag. only 1-frame hitlag and it's not "SDI"able.

If you can make a toggle for v1.02-hitlag/v1.00-hitlag, it's very awesome.
I'd like to do stuff like this eventually. I've been thinking about it...

Is there any way to make a toggle for custom colors and default colors of characters for all colors? The way you put it in was a skin for Fox,Falcon, and Marth that could be toggled by pressing L on a certain default color. Could I do this for every color?
Yeah it can certainly be done on every color. It would just take a whole bunch of code. And this is something I could totally do, I just need more code lines.
Would it be possible to add an effect to indicate if your character is linking moves on the first available frame? Like the l-canceling effect but for links.

For example when doing jab-->down smash with Doc I would like to know if my timing is right so I can practice doing it perfectly. It would be really useful for practicing aerial combos in general.

Maybe making the character flash a certain color when you are frame perfect? This could also be useful for practicing recoveries, like jumping on the first available frame after a falcon kick.

Also, I can't use in-game toggles when playing 1-player versus by forcing the stage select screen. Any ideas?
I tried in-game toggles last night with solo matches and it was working for me. This shouldn’t make a difference, but I was using P1. Are you sure you’re using the new DOL file? Try replacing it again. Anyone else having this issue?

It sounds like doing the linking thing would be really complex for having it work well with a bunch of characters. But I’m also not well versed on [possibly necessary] frame data/ action states for a lot of these situations. In your example with jumping immediately after falcon kick, would if you were 1 frame late, would your character be in the “fall” action state during that 1 frame? And if you were 1 frame later after doing a jab à d-smash, would your character be in the “stand” action state for that 1 frame? (you can test this in Develop Debug Mode using Y+D-Pad Down in-game)

Assuming the answer to those questions is yes, I could do color overlays if your character is in the “stand” or “fall” action states which would be able to show if there were any missed frames between actions…right?
I think my browser is messed up I can't tell what that less message was to update the iso file. I would really like that L cancel fail option. When I attempted to update it in GCR 1.0 it said done tried to load it onto the wii and the dolphin emulator. Sadly it didn't give me the L fail cancel thing.
So you are having problems updating the DOL file?

I'm having some trouble with the random teching. I'm using the latest version but it seems like I rarely see a tech in place when the CPU is Fox/Falco, but techs in place all the time when it's Falcon. Is there any reason reason it may be character dependent?
The byte that I look at to produce “randomness” seems to be influenced by characters/character actions or something. Look at page 20 for a more detailed response on this stuff. Try changing Falcon’s CPU level (try 6 or so).

"Extended Name Tags" is awesome.
I found that it's NOT "up to 8 characters" but "up to 16 bytes".

We can combine 8-character name with another 8-character name.
Result: a 16-character name

I couldn't combine with 16-character name with another tag.

btw,
Japanese Hiragana and Katakana are 2 bytes characters, so Japanese characters can be used up to 8 characters (2byte x 8 characters = 16 bytes).

and I found a bug.
somehow, we can't combine 3 or 5-character name.
Are you somehow using lowercase English alphabet letters to get it to be 16 characters long?

But yes, the limit is 16 bytes.

After you have stored a name, you can only add it onto a name tag that is already at max [normal] length.

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
I fixed my issue. If anyone else has a similar problem, confirm you have a working 20xx iso in Dolphin, then install it to your storage device with DMtoolbox. It may be something as simple as having the file titled "game.iso" instead of something else, but I'm not sure.

I'm still super excited. Thank you so much for your hard work, Achilles, and let me know if you'd like any help.
So I'm having the same issue you had. I keep getting "a! aI error app_entry is not within the apploader are (something else which I cannot see because it is outside of the Dios Mios splash screen)".

I double checked the 20xx iso I am using in Dolphin and it runs fine there (save for some framerate issues I can't blame the iso for.

I then installed it onto H:/games/ with DMToolBox, but it still gives me the same error. Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

I am doing this on a softmodded European Wii if that is of any significance.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 speaking just about PRNGs in general (without knowing anything about the specific one you are tapping into), you should see more randomness by sampling the lowest order byte than the highest order one

Berble

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it can certainly be done on every color. It would just take a whole bunch of code. And this is something I could totally do, I just need more code lines.
Can you tell me what the code is for a character color toggle and I can just add it myself for whatever colors I want?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 speaking just about PRNGs in general (without knowing anything about the specific one you are tapping into), you should see more randomness by sampling the lowest order byte than the highest order one
Ok cool. Is there a specific reason why?
Can you tell me what the code is for a character color toggle and I can just add it myself for whatever colors I want?
There's not enough free space at the moment. I'd have to separate it out into it's own code and get new injection points for it. I'm not going to be doing this, though, until after I do more testing to get additional code lines.

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
Assuming the answer to those questions is yes, I could do color overlays if your character is in the “stand” or “fall” action states which would be able to show if there were any missed frames between actions…right?
Sounds plausible to me but I don't know much. Could you do an overlay if moves are linked without any "stand" or "fall" animation? Like the mod where you flash white when successfully L-canceling. If it was just about what animation a character is in, would this take much code?

This kind of feature would help players get seriously crispy timing. I always wished I could know if I was fast-falling and doing links on the first frame possible.

Also thank you so much for everything you have done. It is so thrilling that these tools are available.

Last edited:

Orancube

Smash Cadet
I have a question for people who tried to export the root with melee toolkit v1.03.
I've seen a tutorial video where you can just rightclick->export the root with v1.0, but can't do this in v1.03.
Also, I can't manually select every file and export. Might be a noob question, but what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: In the tutorial video they used gamecube rebuilder to export, I googled it, downloaded and that woked perfectly.

Last edited:

Torsade de pointe

Smash Cadet
The blue overlay during hitstun is really a great idea. Good job dude.

Are there any ways it could apply to all kind of attacks ? As a falco main, I use the shine in most combos, and it would really be helpful if I could see the hitstun from the shine too.

Orancube

Smash Cadet
I got it to work :D, this is amazing!

my sister has a wii she doesn't use anymore... she bought it from some dude years ago and I remember it being able to play ''copied'' disks or w/e (I guess iso's burned on a cd?).
If I'm going to try to install this stuff on the wii using a SD card, will this potentionally cause any troubles?
I'm not that great with techical stuff :/.
Thanks!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have a question for people who tried to export the root with melee toolkit v1.03.
I've seen a tutorial video where you can just rightclick->export the root with v1.0, but can't do this in v1.03.
Also, I can't manually select every file and export. Might be a noob question, but what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: In the tutorial video they used gamecube rebuilder to export, I googled it, downloaded and that woked perfectly.
I was actually under the assumption that I had GCR.exe in the hack pack zip file, which it is not. So thanks for unintentionally notifying me of this.

The blue overlay during hitstun is really a great idea. Good job dude.

Are there any ways it could apply to all kind of attacks ? As a falco main, I use the shine in most combos, and it would really be helpful if I could see the hitstun from the shine too.
I'm not sure exactly how to do this. All elemental attack color overlays take priority over the teal hitstun overlay. I would need to look into disabling the blue overlay that the shine causes on a character. No promises here, but I'll try and look into it at some point.

I got it to work :D, this is amazing!

my sister has a wii she doesn't use anymore... she bought it from some dude years ago and I remember it being able to play ''copied'' disks or w/e (I guess iso's burned on a cd?).
If I'm going to try to install this stuff on the wii using a SD card, will this potentionally cause any troubles?
I'm not that great with techical stuff :/.
Thanks!
No, you should be able to make the necessary modifications just fine.

Last edited:

Torsade de pointe

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure exactly how to do this. All elemental attack color overlays take priority over the teal hitstun overlay. I would need to look into disabling the blue overlay that the shine causes on a character. No promises here, but I'll try and look into it at some point.
That'd be awesome. Thanks a lot.

Orancube

Smash Cadet
The infographic at the bottom load state is wrong, it's left, not down on the d-pad (mixed up with infinite shield).
I was actually under the assumption that I had GCR.exe in the hack pack zip file, which it is not. So thanks for unintentionally notifying me of this.

No, you should be able to make the necessary modifications just fine.
Haha no thank you dude! (but I'm glad I could unintentionally help ^^).
This is really, really cool stuff. The color when in the hitstun, and the DI mixup/jumps on the cpu opponents really made a visual connection/impact. I'm not a very good/experienced player, but I ''get'' it more then before I saw it.

I don't know if this has been noted already, but the infographic at the bottom is wrong. load state is left, not down on the d-pad (mixed up with infinite shield).

Minor detail ofcourse.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
The infographic at the bottom load state is wrong, it's left, not down on the d-pad (mixed up with infinite shield).

Haha no thank you dude! (but I'm glad I could unintentionally help ^^).
This is really, really cool stuff. The color when in the hitstun, and the DI mixup/jumps on the cpu opponents really made a visual connection/impact. I'm not a very good/experienced player, but I ''get'' it more then before I saw it.

I don't know if this has been noted already, but the infographic at the bottom is wrong. load state is left, not down on the d-pad (mixed up with infinite shield).

Minor detail ofcourse.
Yes, I'm aware of this. I noted in the main post right before the infographic that it is not up to date. Hopefully, I can fix it all today.

Top Bottom