• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2013 Fort Worth Classic - SoCal Rep Possible! - July 20th, 2013 - Fort Worth, TX

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Full Schedule:
Note: Registration for each event closes approx. 15 min before the start time.

People who bring set ups must show up at 10:30 AM! From 10:30 to 11 AM is set up time, brief judges and so on. General Public is allowed in at 11 AM. From 11 AM to Noon, get your warm ups, friendlies and Money Matches in. At Noon, Registration is open. After That:

1pm: Brawl Doubles
3pm: Street Fighter IV
3:30pm: Brawl Singles
4pm: Smash 64 Singles
5:30pm: Project M Singles
6pm: Low Tier Brawl Singles

We get out when we are done within reason. I have already cleared that with the hotel.

Any questions please call me at 817-726-0822

D

Deleted member

I remember Rev 11, Denti was 2-3 hours late to his own tournament.
GOOD ****ING JOB DENTI :smash:

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
A bit of good housekeeping:

1. I have a need for 6 or so additional judges. Please respond to this thread in the next 72 hours with the following information:

Your gamertag
Shirt size

Why do I need that information? Because each judge that donates their time will earn a shirt that would mark this special occasion. Value: approx. $20

2. Please note that running seven events in one day is very difficult. Your efforts in this matter is greatly appreciated.

3. This will refer to Smash 64 players. In order to minimize the impact of interference between Smash 64 and Brawl Singles, setups that are running the N64 version of the game will be given priority in the set up discount. If no one brings a N64 copy of the game, Wiis that do not have a Brawl copy attached to them will receive the discount.

4. If there is a N64 set up available, ALL finals matches will be played on that set up. This is to preserve the integrity of the game.

5. If you are bringing a Street Fighter IV set up, Xbox version only please. Also, please remember that this is governed by EVO rules, so no wireless controllers.

6. In 9 days from the tournament, it will be my 30th birthday. Irrelevant knowledge, but initial funding for this tournament is a birthday present.

7. Finally, I am projecting that we will finish by 9pm depending on turnout. Let's prove me wrong people.

Denti

Smash Master
For Smash 64 I have 3 Wii's with Smash 64 on it. I was wondering if anyone is going to have an issue with this? The issue being is that we'd have to use GC controllers instead of N64 controllers.

If there is an issue I could probably scramble up an original N64 set up. The only reason I hesitate doing that is because most people do not have an N64 controller. Also most people prefer doing everything with GC controller. Is this fine with everyone?

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I don't have an issue as long as those Wiis don't have Brawl attached to them for Smash 64. Depending on turnout, I can work with four or five Wii set ups for Smash 64 because they wouldn't interfere with the Brawl tournament. I understand that I am going to get some interference anyways, but I don't want to make even more trouble for myself by wasting time swapping games just because a set up is needed for one game or another.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Last brief reminders:

1. If you are bringing a set up, Please show up promptly at 10:30 AM. This will allow us with 30 minutes to ensure everything is okay with the venue before we let the general public in at 11am.

2. You may have noticed that I have crossed out the previous schedule for the last 36 or so hours. This was because someone was flying in from NYC for this tournament, and needed a ride from one of my judges. The matter was resolved without incident, and so the previous schedule was restored.

3. If you are entering Smash 64, Please bring both a gamecube and a N64 controller. I am lost in the amount of set ups people are going to bring for that tournament, and it is best to be prepared.

4. I will bring two extension cords and surge protectors to the tournament. One set is for my PC which I will be bringing, and the other is for the infamous windowed back wall, which has no electricity in front of the windows. I encourage you to at least bring surge protectors to the event so that we can get electricity for the event.

Denti

Smash Master
Im only bringing Smash 64 for the Wii virtual console. So a N64 controller wont bw nessessary.

Im bringing 2 Brawl set ups and 2 smash 64 set ups, all 4 with TVs.

This means we are going to need people with PM set ups to bring them as well.

ScaryMonsterr

Smash Rookie
Was first smash tourney! Went there, got dominated :). Had fun but I have a lot to work on.. lol

Kind of a long shot, but if anyone from Rush Hour in the doubles sees this, send me a message!

Top Bottom